Dad Suggests Coverup In Daughters' Thailand Deaths

webfact

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of anything worse than having to bury your child, my condolenses to the family.

Just a thought, if those responsible have already left the country they would have had to present their passports at the airport. So the authorities have the names, passport details and addresses of people they need to talk to about these deaths. Are the Thai and/or the Canadian police following this up?

If the Thai government wants to be taken seriously as a leading country in South East Asia, then a rigorious public investigation is needed.

This whole thing makes me very sad but also very angry, it is beyond imagination what this family is having to endure right now, two lovely daughters dead with many unanswered questions and confusing information

A police inquiry of a death consists of many lines of investigation - obviously cause of death is primary but one thing stands out in all of this that for me leaves a huge black hole, first I don't believe the Scotish girl, I think she knows more, she effectively did a runner, then there's the two men involved who in my opinion also seem to have done a runner, what was the note all about - when was the note left in the room - should all be on CCTV - why was the note left in the room - why where these two men allowed to leave Thailand before being properly interviewed - these girls were in the company of these people on the night they got ill - dancing together - walking home etc, how did the man get into the room to leave the note if it was locked from the inside, these two men need to come forward and present themselves to the authorities in Portugal at least to explain what really happened .grrrrrrr

• Like 1

"First off, we take a moment to thank you for having brought us into this world in Canada, for giving us good values, for giving us the passion to travel, and especially to just for having been our parents. "

This final letter from Audrey to her parents sounds a bit like a goodbye letter...

Not the kind of words that you write in every letter.

Maybe they knew something was coming up

• Like 1

"First off, we take a moment to thank you for having brought us into this world in Canada, for giving us good values, for giving us the passion to travel, and especially to just for having been our parents. "

This final letter from Audrey to her parents sounds a bit like a goodbye letter...

Not the kind of words that you write in every letter.

Maybe they knew something was coming up

Your first post. Please give it a break with the uniformed opinion - have you no respect...

• Like 2

maybe the room was cleaned, to look like one of the typical "heart attacks", or it was the other way round...

that there wasnt much vomit and the girls were in their beds as shown on those pictures, when the forensics were around...

the initial police claim was "food poisoning" - what requires considerable vomiting...

so, maybe the vomiting was made up...

but can someone really die in bed, with bleeding gums, developing a skin rash and black fingernails, without waking up?

it would explain the rather "neat" pictures of the room (when forensics was there) and the fact, that they (apparently) didnt seek help...

but this would require a strong nerves poison?

Edited by dingdang

o.k., the above scenario sounds pretty much as what "ryan", the american whose wife fell sick in one of the phi phi bungalows, described...

she was looking worse and worse, and was quickly much too weak, to do anything - she died on the way to the hospital...

Edited by dingdang

This is a sad sad time for parents and Thailand. I say sad time for Thailand because it's another event that makes the country and people look really bad in the eyes of the rest of the world. From the bottom to the top, as a people and a country, they will try and blame anything and everybody for things that happen other than to accept any responsibility for anything that happens.

You see it over and over in Thai society. It's never the country, company, or the people that are responsible. Elaborite excuses to blame somebody else to keep from admitting they are wrong or responsible. It is a dysfunctional culture.

Yes, that's the long and the short of it. I don't really think Thailand "gets" how much credibility it has lost, and its deteriorating standing in the eyes of the world. It's becoming a lawless, chaotic place. No one takes anything a government official might say seriously, almost no matter who it is. A shame - it once seemed so full of potential and progressive.

Of course Thai authorities will do everything in their power to cover up anything that would harm the tourist industry...that's the way of Thailand....miracle Thailand!!!

Rubbish!

It only makes things worse. Thai authorities know that. This investigation will be getting all the police attention it deserves, just as it's getting generous media coverage.

Every time a tragedy like this happens the Thai authorities fail to rise to the occasion.

Visitors to Thailand should be made more aware at home of the obstacles and problems that arise if anything goes wrong whilst they are visiting this country.

100%, I repeat 100% spot on.. never a truer word spoken

...I am from Montreal, Quebec...

....I have 2 daughters....

...I made a heart-felt post in French...

...condolences.....and that the girls 'be with God'.....

...any reason why it is gone........???

If it was only in French, then yes, if the mods don't speak French, it could have said anything.

• Like 1

...I am from Montreal, Quebec...

....I have 2 daughters....

...I made a heart-felt post in French...

...condolences.....and that the girls 'be with God'.....

...any reason why it is gone........???

The rules are only English on ThaiVisa

It's getting to a point that the Thai Tourism claims of Thailand being a a family destination has gone from rediculous to bizzare. Who in their right mind would bring their family here after all the foreigner deaths? It's becoming a "come at your own risk" destination. Always has been but risk levels seem to be increasing.

But this was not a family holiday.

These were two young women on an adventure, out clubbing till the late hours, basically strangers to the area and staying together in a hotel room.

As in the West these two women would have been extremely vulnerable, especially if they had been drinking, taking some sorts of drugs and associating themselves with some guys they just met and hardly knew. All this has to be taken into account along with all the other possibilities.

At this point, nothing can be ruled out nor concluded either until there is some sort of official conclusion.

Many are using the theme of this thread as an excuse for Thai bashing , probably the majority of these posters don`t even live in Thailand but like to appear as experts in the field of forensic science, but in reality are just a bunch of wallys.

/quote

If you consider that Thai women, particularly the ones from Isaan, are into the wholesale poisoning of their farang spouses and offspring, get back under the bridge!

/quote

I thought the time honored means of disposing of unwanted farang husbands is to attempt to shoot them with an ancient musket, and failing that, beat them to death, and feed the remains to the tigers on the Royal preserve.

True story by the way...

Today I don't think that there is any poison that can get past forensics if the body remains intact, embalming or otherwise.

They were poisoned--and in my book, it was intentional. The reason does not need to be at all rational, look at the two who stabbed the Australian travel agent to death...over $10.

Yet millions travel to Thailand, and enjoy themselves, and are treated respectfully, and honorably each year. The saddest part here is the media or whomever disparaged the young ladies with insane stories of ibuprofin or psylocybin mushrooms--that part is simply repugnant.

I believe that in this case, the results will be given out to the public.

This is tragic beyond belief.

TOBY my old friend, hope u r partying in heaven....RIP!

Yes, that's the long and the short of it. I don't really think Thailand "gets" how much credibility it has lost, and its deteriorating standing in the eyes of the world. It's becoming a lawless, chaotic place. No one takes anything a government official might say seriously, almost no matter who it is. A shame - it once seemed so full of potential and progressive.

Very true!

If you look back to the tsunami of 2004 Thailand still had a cashe of goodwill - but not any longer.

Drugs, appalling policing, political lawlessness and the rising assertiveness of an under class is making Thailand more dangerous by the day!

• Like 1

If many people post on a thread like this, it shows their concern. It's no big deal if some of them mention possible scenarios. Such folks aren't presenting themselves as expert sleuths - but instead showing they care - and many of the comments are plausible.

It's doubtful Thai detectives will follow-up with the Scottish woman, even though she could possibly offer useful insight. To do such scrutinizing takes effort, a handle on English, time, and some expense. It's easier for Thai authorities to toss out one or two vague theories, and hope the whole mess blows over.

Or Thai police do nothing until a fat reward us offered.

I am reading comments from Thai people at very popular social network site. They commenting on this and Michelle Smith case. Not once they express sorrow for victims and they families, all they saying is "oh this is so bad for Thai tourism". Indifference, ignorrance, heartlessnes......shame on them!

....as for poisoning, I have had acute pain over half a dozen times....and my wife said, "I poisoned you many times but you never die'....

But in this case, from Monday to Friday.....and no 'intervention'...at a hotel.....that is impossible....thus we must conclude...'coverup.....

...and again, the 'prey'...are, by and large, innocent.....or relatively weak....or alone.....or trusting....or gullible....

....the predators....despicable.....unscrupulous.....

Very true! If you look back to the tsunami of 2004 Thailand still had a cashe of goodwill - but not any longer.

Drugs, appalling policing, political lawlessness and the rising assertiveness of an under class is making Thailand more dangerous by the day!

Ok, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Thailand has its faults, granted. The gist of what's mentioned above is often a reflection of one's personal experiences. People visiting Thailand often have high hopes and see things in rose-tinted glasses - then later, things go pear-shaped, by jilted romances and such.

Lighten up on the Thai-bashing. Phi Phi and Phuket are just one small slice of Thailand. Don't tar the whole place and its people - by the actions of a few.

It's getting to a point that the Thai Tourism claims of Thailand being a a family destination has gone from rediculous to bizzare. Who in their right mind would bring their family here after all the foreigner deaths? It's becoming a "come at your own risk" destination. Always has been but risk levels seem to be increasing.

These were two young women on an adventure, out clubbing till the late hours, basically strangers to the area and staying together in a hotel room.

As in the West these two women would have been extremely vulnerable, especially if they had been drinking, taking some sorts of drugs and associating themselves with some guys they just met and hardly knew. All this has to be taken into account along with all the other possibilities.

At this point, nothing can be ruled out nor concluded either until there is some sort of official conclusion.

Many are using the theme of this thread as an excuse for Thai bashing , probably the majority of these posters don`t even live in Thailand but like to appear as experts in the field of forensic science, but in reality are just a bunch of wallys.

And now you're Miss Marple. And the best example of "rose-tinted" glasses. Now, no one who cares about Thailand actually lives there, according to you.

^^ Finally a voice of reason!wai.gifwai.gif

Btw. The Thai autopsy was conducted by forensic experts chosen by the Canadian Embassy.

Very true!

If you look back to the tsunami of 2004 Thailand still had a cashe of goodwill - but not any longer.

But isn’t this the same everywhere? Many places being a lot worse in fact.

Please tell me where in the world it would be safe for two attractive young girls, strangers to the area, to walk about alone late at night without being vulnerable to harm?

Another comment blown straight out of the behind.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Of course Thai authorities will do everything in their power to cover up anything that would harm the tourist industry...that's the way of Thailand....miracle Thailand!!!

Rubbish!

It only makes things worse. Thai authorities know that. This investigation will be getting all the police attention it deserves, just as it's getting generous media coverage.

and then they will cover it up if they don't like what the police have to say.

Very true!

Please tell me where in the world it would be safe for two attractive young girls, strangers to the area, to walk about alone late at night without being vulnerable to harm?

I am sure there are many places worse, but here in Cambodia violence towards tourists/foreigners is almost unheard of, whereas in Thailand it has now clearly gotten out of hand.

Very true!

You are not a nice person.

Very true!

I am sure there are many places worse, but here in Cambodia violence towards tourists/foreigners is almost unheard of, whereas in Thailand it has now clearly gotten out of hand.

I have no idea regarding violence against tourist statistics in other South East Asian countries.

But I do completely agree with you that the amount of tourist deaths in Thailand over the last few years is unacceptable and the time has come for the Thai authorities to begin giving the facts and implementing better security and protection for people holidaying in Thailand.

For example, the Jet Ski scams, taxi scams and it needs genuine police that are there to assist tourists and to ensure they’re safety as much as possible.

If this trend of unexplained tourist deaths or attacks continues, than of course the word will spread and will have a dramatic affect on Thailand’s tourist industry.

Thailand is still a relatively safe country compared to many other parts of the world, providing tourists use common sense and do not venture out to places or place themselves in situations that leave them vulnerable and at high risk. But this pertains to anywhere in the world. But of course anyone is susceptible to attack at anytime, anywhere, again this pertains all over the world.

The TaT needs to urgently review it`s policies before the situation becomes even more out of hand and Thailand’s reputation as a safe tourist destination is tarnished beyond a point of no return.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Hear

Many also are using wild speculation, and presenting odd ball theories to detract from the fact that these girls died an awful death in incredibly suspicious circumstances.

Barring some bizarre self harm, homicide is odds on, whether through cold blooded murder, or criminal negligence.

I take it you don't think there is a perfectectly rational explanation for these events?

First off, don't know that they were out clubbing and 1:00 is not really that late to being staying out. I don't think any one can say for sure what they were doing or where they were at.

Second, that is wht kids do and they do this nightly in beach resorts all over the world. I live on a steretch of Florida beaches that gets 3X number of tourist a year than Phuket and I have never heard of ANY (not one) mysterious or unresolved deaths . . . EVER. In fact, other than a kid falling from a balconoy while drunk and trying to jump to next balcony, car accidents, two shark bite deaths, and a girl getting rapped and killed by a teenage local boy, and a man shot in a parking lot, I cannot think of any bizzare type of deaths here in last ten years. This stretch gets perhaps 20 million tourist a year . . .