I Need About 1.000 Fotos Getting Scanned

AsiaWolfie

I have about 1.000 fotos from the pre-digital-stoneage which I want to save and store on CDs. I dont have scanner nor am I familiar with using it.... what would u recommend ? Does anybody know some (local)people, who run a small foto-shop or something like that f.e., who could do that for me at a reasonable rate ? Or what would u suggest ? I am a bloody DUMMIE when it comes to that, so I dont have a clue....

I have about 1.000 fotos from the pre-digital-stoneage which I want to save and store on CDs. I dont have scanner nor am I familiar with using it.... what would u recommend ? Does anybody know some (local)people, who run a small foto-shop or something like that f.e., who could do that for me at a reasonable rate ? Or what would u suggest ? I am a bloody DUMMIE when it comes to that, so I dont have a clue....

You managed to post here - i am sure you can manage a scanner!!

Are we talking about negatives to be scanned or photos?

A shop can probably handle the negs, as some offer a cd with your developed film

but have no idea of the cost.

If it is photos, you can pick up a scanner quite cheaply.

Connect it to your computer and scan for yourself.

Quite easy, just time consuming.

Good negative scanners are expensive.

sure I know I could handle a scanner maybe after a while.....

sure I know it can be done by myself but as u said its a question of time consumption and I just want HAVE IT DONE by someone...... I am not interested to buy a scanner or whatever, and honestly I dont have the nerves to do that time-wasting thing...... so, as there is usually a SERVICE for everything in life (sure, you could prepare food urself but in the end u called PIZZA HUT DELIVERY SERVICE again.....) and yes, we are talking about photos, not negatives.... some of the negatives are missing already..... and difficult to choose from negatives which shots I wanna keep and which one I dont need....

so, if there are any other suggestions (or anybody knows a skilled Thai person who has the time and wanna earn some extra money) then please let me know..... thanks a lot.....

You could probably walk into any internet cafe that had a scanner available and ask the manager if he would be interested in makeing a few hundred Baht.

I bet you would only have to ask one or two to get someone to agree to do it for you. They could do it during the slow times. I'd only give them the photos in small batches and not include anything potentially embarrising if it showed up on the internet

thanks for the comments so far.... the internet-cafe hint seems to be reasonable, I only have VERY FEW pics which could be "embarassing" to see in the net, most are from my numerous trips around south-East-Asian countries, and of course I will have a look at each foto before handing them over...... and I received 2 private messages from people offering to do it for me.... will check that out & thanks to everyone