Error 130

siampolee

Error 130 proxy server refusing connections. I am getting this message on the following browsers, I.E.Explorer

Firefox, Rockmelt and Google Chrome. yet my Opera browser is working just fine.

I have actually reinstalled the offending browsers however the problem is still arising.

Computer has been scanned all is clean, I run weekly scans to ensure a clean machine.

Tried tampering with the proxy settings as advised by experts all to no avail.sick.gif

True dial up no problems for the last five years, checked disk health all is fine.

Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem may be and how to solve it ? I've perused and used all the on-line expert sites all to no avail.

Remember please I was hatched out in 1945 so I am more an abacus age kid than a computer age kid.cheesy.gif

Simple answers for a simple minded geek greatly appreciated.smile.png

Edited by siampolee

• try this:

• Click Start
  • Click All Programs
  • Click Accessories
  • Click Command Prompt
  • Enter these commands individually:
    IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS
    NBTSTAT –R
    NBTSTAT –RR
    NETSH INT IP RESET
    NETSH WINSOCK RESET
  • Restart your computer

hope this helps

If you know the vpn IP address or internet name and the TCP-IP port the VPN uses, you can do a test via:

In a cmd window, (you may have to "run as administrator" depending on version of windows) type:

telnet <vpn IP or name> <vpn port> e.g. telnet 102.141.44.22 123 or telnet vpn.me.com 123

If you get a connection, the vpn is listening. If not, the vpn is not listening (service not running) or the port is blocked somewhere along the way.

Good gracious Lord, rakman, do you really believe that your post can possibly be of any use to somebody who wrote "Remember please I was hatched out in 1945 so I am more an abacus age kid than a computer age kid"?

• Like 1

He can always ask follow up questions and the instruction and examples are pretty clear.

One thing I didn't see before, is his Opera is working fine. That says the TCP stack in Windows is working fine, so my post and happynthailand's response isn't necessary.

If slampolee knows where the configurations are located in Opera, he can copy the details down and then configuring the other browsers should be relatively easy. It's just a matter of setting up the proxy information in each different browser's network connectivity section.

Opera proxy settings are found in: Start Opera, then go to Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Network. Copy down the settings.

In FF, go to Tools --> Options, then Click on Advanced, then the Network tab.

In IE, go to Tools --> Options, Where Internet Explorer store proxy settings Tools -Internet

> options -Connections -LAN settings -Proxy server.

Chrome: look here: http://googlechrometutorial.com/google-chrome-advanced-settings/Google-chrome-proxy-settings.html

Gentlemen and Ladies to ensure I'm P.C.. .thumbsup.gif

Many thanks for all your advice, the problem seems to be solved I followed the path suggested by 'happynthailand' and all seemed to work out properly I was somewhat terrified by the path suggested by 'rakman.'w00t.gif

However my youngest boy (aged 12) took that path and showed me all was well.clap2.gif

Don't you just hate modern luk krung smart assed kids ?? cheesy.gif

Reminds me of the first video recorder player (circa 1978) I purchased, I had to get my nephew to programme the damm thing in and instruct me in how to use it.whistling.gif

My heartfelt thanks to you all for your help, indeed there is hope for we abacus age kids yet.clap2.gif