What Should I Do?

carmenshih

Up to youuuuuuuu.

Sometimes they come back on time.

Sometimes they stay longer and only come back when the money runs out.

Sometimes they only come back when the work they are actually going to do finishes or higher paid illegal work (illegal tree felling) gets shut down.

Sometimes they never come back.

Tell her it's a month or nothing. If she doesn't agree to be back on a specifc date you will have to find someone else.

Most of the time, they never come back... and they don't even go home... They just got another job!

The polite way how she introduced her request was -just methinks- a saving face strategy for both of you.

I have just looked at TVF Classified.. there is a Filipino looking for a Nanny's position but looking for B15,000, along with many others. She should be able to speak pretty good English!

For someone good and efficient it might be worthwhile looking to pay a little extra. I did however notice that B12,000 appears to be the going amount.

Its hard to say why your maid would like to have 2 months off, she might well have some very good reasons, but giving such short notice outside of an emergency isnt particularly kind.

http://classifieds.t...itters-nannies/

i think they have to earn at least 15k to get the work permit

As someone who has employed quite a few Burmese maids - as soon as they go they very rarely come back (not had one yet) and often don't even mention they're going.

Two of our maids left as soon as they got a whiff of a cushy condo job compared to working in a 2 storey house with garden.

Sometimes it ain't just about the money...

Edited by 2unique

I have just looked at TVF Classified.. there is a Filipino looking for a Nanny's position but looking for B15,000, along with many others. She should be able to speak pretty good English!

For someone good and efficient it might be worthwhile looking to pay a little extra. I did however notice that B12,000 appears to be the going amount.

Its hard to say why your maid would like to have 2 months off, she might well have some very good reasons, but giving such short notice outside of an emergency isnt particularly kind.

As someone who has employed quite a few Burmese maids - as soon as they go they very rarely come back (not had one yet) and often don't even mention they're going.

Two of our maids left as soon as they got a whiff of a cushy condo job compared to working in a 2 storey house with garden.

would you rather be reponsible for the upkeep of a two story house AND a garden ?

or just a condo to keep clean for similar money ?

maybe they were just smart ,most people would love a job that lets them do a third of

the work for the same pay

would you rather be reponsible for the upkeep of a two story house AND a garden ?

maybe they were just smart ,most people would love a job that lets them do a third of

did you see me judge them? If they were had an opportunity to work less for the same pay more power to their elbow however a goodbye and thankyou for the bonuses would have been a bit nicer than an empty room and the keys hung on a hook.

and as for upkeep we have gardeners, send out the ironing, do our own cooking and take care of our own kid - the job only requires cleaning services and turning the sprinklers on. I'm not about to pay over the local rate for maid service just to enter an auction where we would lose on location vs price anyway. that's what bonuses are for.

did you see me judge them?

I never said anything about you judging them

Your post implied they left for some cushy number in a condo .........

I only said most people would prefer a cushyier /easier /lazier job ....if they can find it

one assumes you have have some form of contract in place which specifies the T&C's of employment, if not then that labour law would apply and if she outside he T&C's then you dont have to take her back...she has broken the "contract"....If you have offered a month, then thats fine...its a take it or leave situation, and you can tell her, take 2 months by all means, but dont expect the job to be there when she gets back

one assumes you have have some form of contract in place which specifies the T&C's of employment, if not then that labour law would apply and if she outside he T&C's then you dont have to take her back...she has broken the "contract"....If you have offered a month, then thats fine...its a take it or leave situation, and you can tell her, take 2 months by all means, but dont expect the job to be there when she gets back

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif are you taking the piss mate. TIT not your sorry fuc_ked up western PC craptrap cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sounds like she's not too bothered about her position with you. We pay ours 500baht a day for a 6 day week and she's officially on call for 8 hours with Saturday as a half day. She lives with us and is more like family than an employee.

Would you pay your family 62.5 baht an hour???

Sounds like she's not too bothered about her position with you. We pay ours 500baht a day for a 6 day week and she's officially on call for 8 hours with Saturday as a half day. She lives with us and is more like family than an employee.

Would you pay your family 62.5 baht an hour???

Come on you obviously do not live here our maid gets 9000 a month for 5 days a week and we give her an annual bonus of around 15,000 and lots of other goodies so her wage is probably around 12,000 baht per month which is at least double going rate around here. Shes worth 5 times in west or more and shes now one of family. I know lots of people pay their maids 3000 or so a month if live in. HISO thais are worst but we get a lot of flack for paying our maid way over odds for here anyway. She does not have set hours just whats needed and what suits her and us but I guess ti works out an average 7-9 hours a days 5 days a week which works out around 69 baht an hour and thats at least double norm. If were away she gets same even though theirs 1/4 to do. If she needs a few days off it will only be if important so we never refuse. It will be a funeral or something. SInce shes local and a neighbour shed never ask for even 1 week off. She earns twice what her husband earns which is a big problem here. Although we live very well and spend around 200,000 a month even if we thought it right we could not really afford more but are very grateful we have such a great maid and can afford it here.

I never said anything about you judging them

Your post implied they left for some cushy number in a condo .........

I only said most people would prefer a cushyier /easier /lazier job ....if they can find it

They certainly did - can't blame 'em - can't/won't tempt back.

Apologies for reading something that wasn't there...