Airasia (again!)

leisurely

Sorry if this has already been posted. Why are airasia so poo? We have used them around 15 times without a problem (apart from the odd delay). This time we are booked to go to Pnomh Penh in February. I didn't manage to get the dates I wanted in the free seat give away (this was only revealed once I had entered the CC number) so chose some more and reentered my CC number. In the meantime, both flights were booked for us and now I have two trips and two charges paid. I have emailed them several time which only brings a computer generated message and have tried to phone them daily which costs a fortune as their office is in Malaysia. Any ideas how I can get my 4000 odd baht back? Would it be worth going to Don Muang to see if I can find an office?

I have emailed them several time which only brings a computer generated message and have tried to phone them daily which costs a fortune as their office is in Malaysia. Any ideas how I can get my 4000 odd baht back? Would it be worth going to Don Muang to see if I can find an office?

There is an AirAsia ticket office at Don Muang but why don't you first try phoning their call center in Thailand (02.515.9999)?

Leisurely are you sure you are entitled to a refund?

If you entered your cc details twice then effectively you have purchased 2 seperate tickets and according to the Terms and Conditions with Air Asia as far as i read it you may not be......see below from their site,

airasia's terms & conditions of carriage

Article 5

Booking of Seats

5.1 Confirmation of Booking: The booking of a Seat is confirmed after full payment of the fare is made and after we issue you a booking number and/or the Itinerary. Once confirmed, the booking cannot be cancelled and payments made are not refundable.

:o

..............if you have recieved a booking number then it looks bad for you.

If the OP has a booking number its hardly credit card fraud but rather not reading the T & C's first.

Good luck anyway Leisurely.

The fact is that in the last month I have entered my credit card details onto the Air Asia web site, expecting to get a receipt or some kind of acknowledgement that I have paid for a service and have received neither.

IMHO it is a credit card con if I am led into a transaction involving my credit card, whereby by any world standards I would be issued with an acknowledgement of the transaction, as I am led to believe I have made by Air Asias web site, even if the next day (as had happenned previously), even if my card is not charged and I have no booking, because it is a nonsense to suggest that I would sit at a computer for an hour or so to enter a lottery for air tickets , if I am not aware that it is a lottery before I start, not to mention the time required to go to your credit card sites to see if you account has been charged 'by mistake' and then have to traipse round goodness knows where to get a refund.

If a company can run an airline website like this I certainly would not put it passed them to make a few 'mistakes' with their billing.

Today went pass Central world trade AIS 3rd floor to book Air Asia to Singapore to see a friend. And the compuer was down. They told me the booking center's computer was down for 2 days already. Even the booking agents computer cannot connect to the booking center, i wonder how they fly their planes.

I still wonder how you can expect to get any refund from a budget airline.... there is no refund with virtually NO budget airline in the world (unless you dont pay their full listed "Y" fare).

as for those who dont want to give a credit card number over the net: you are free to visit one of the numerous ticket-counters at many shopping malls and pay cash.

as for me: I have 37 flights with airasia so far, ALWAYS paid by card and never experienced any problems, except that sometimes their system (so you my have to call the Bangkok hotline to confirm if the booking has been completed) is way too busy as they are not able or willing to upgrade their facilities in a proper way....

they certainly are deteriorating quickly these days and I wouldnt wonder if one day there will be a BIG BANG cause their growth was too fast and they couldnt handle it....

but then still: they are CHEAP and thats what counts in that case..... I am flying to Kota Kinabalu with them at least 3 times a year, they are the only airline doing that destination from BKK non-stop, and - booked early in advance - I usually pay 599 Baht plus Taxes one-way, less than 3.000 including all surcharges for the entire return-trip (and hey, thats a long distance of almost 3 hours flight time!). the best deal with any other airline is NOT LESS than 12.000 baht including taxes..... so what ?

I still wonder how you can expect to get any refund from a budget airline.... there is no refund with virtually NO budget airline in the world (unless you dont pay their full listed "Y" fare).

as for those who dont want to give a credit card number over the net: you are free to visit one of the numerous ticket-counters at many shopping malls and pay cash.

as for me: I have 37 flights with airasia so far, ALWAYS paid by card and never experienced any problems, except that sometimes their system (so you my have to call the Bangkok hotline to confirm if the booking has been completed) is way too busy as they are not able or willing to upgrade their facilities in a proper way....

they certainly are deteriorating quickly these days and I wouldnt wonder if one day there will be a BIG BANG cause their growth was too fast and they couldnt handle it....

but then still: they are CHEAP and thats what counts in that case..... I am flying to Kota Kinabalu with them at least 3 times a year, they are the only airline doing that destination from BKK non-stop, and - booked early in advance - I usually pay 599 Baht plus Taxes one-way, less than 3.000 including all surcharges for the entire return-trip (and hey, thats a long distance of almost 3 hours flight time!). the best deal with any other airline is NOT LESS than 12.000 baht including taxes..... so what ?

Totally agree...........long as you are careful when your booking then you have no problems.

Still a fan of Asiarooms.com though..... :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

:o I should clarify what happened. When they announced the give away of 1000000 we dcided to give it a go. Because of the demand, the only destination available was Cambodia so. We tried to book one were asked for the CC details which I duly entered. Having waited for the message to print out confirmation imagine my surprise when a message came up saying the seats had been taken in the three minutes it took me to input my details. Stupidly I didn't even think that they may have charged me so booked some more seats, paid up and went away for the week. When we came up we saw confirmation from Airasia that we had two lots booked so I can't blame anyone except myself for being daft. it is blooming annoying though not to be getting an answer from the call centre. :D