New In Bangkok

shocky2004

Hi all!

This is my second attempt here on try forum (Already made a post like 3 months ago about it!)

I am a 24yrs old canadian gay that moved to Bangkok recently and i'm actually looking to meet some friends (No, not sex; friends.) with who i can hang out with, etc.

I feel extremely alone as my 4 friends that came with me are all straight :(

I like to party from time to time (Usually on the week-end, going places like soi twilight or Ratchada area), going to restaurant, cinema, gym, etc.

If you're interested let me know! :) I have FB and skype^^

Mathieu

I hope you have some luck in meeting people. It's not easy, but hang in there and keep going out and about, you will run into people. If you are working, you may find people through work. The key is to keep meeting as many people in as many different settings as possible.

The people you will click with are probably the people you will meet through other people.

The problem with being an expatriate is that the community is fluid and a lot of people move, so the circle is constantly changing.

Soi Twilight is not good for making friends. Try the pubs in Silom Soi 4 and the discotheques in Silom Soi 2. When I came to Thailand, I went there regularly to meet people, and through those people I met people who have been my friends for many years.

As Scott says. You meet people through people, it's a relationship-based society. I don't think I have met many people through the internet. Social networking requires social (not internet-based) interaction.

Good luck, and please let us know if you need further advice.

Hello

How're you doing?

I'm a guy from Bangkok. I'm currently studying too. I'm not out so everybody doesn't know who I am.

But I'm so happy with this way. We can't choose how we were born, but we can choose what we want to be and do.

I'm not looking for a nice friend too (not for a sex chat or any kind of dirty talks).

It would be so nice to have you as a friend if you don't mind. I would also like to know more about you.

Well, I'm not a drinker or a smoker but I can enjoy other activities most people like to do. I have a sense of humor,

am very friendly and talkative.

I also have Skype.

And if you're still back to this forum, hope you'll see my message.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a good night.

Edited by tombkk
: Font

Some unhelpful and off-topic posts have been removed. Welcome to new members. Feel free to chat and exchange contact info by PM, but please don't post such things publicly as it is considered borderline spamming.

Other posts have pretty much covered the good introductory places here.

It *is* very hard to find truly worthwhile foreign friends here. Good luck.