Buy A New Ipad In Thailand Or The Uk?

russianrobert

I'm in the UK for a couple of weeks before returning to Thailand and i want to buy a new ipad.

I've been away from Thailand for a while now so not sure about prices etc.

Apart from the obvious question is it cheaper to buy in Thailand or the UK, are there any disadvantages to consider?

Any info gratefully received.

We purchased one in the U.K early in april before they came out in Thailand, you are allowed to claim

The vat back 20 percent which we did,however the shop we purchased from then charged us a administration fee for this service, and to top it all,we then have to waite 3 months for this vat refund to be credited to our bank a/c. In all I think the price in Thailand is slightly lower then in the uk, therefore

It's not worth the effort to buy in the U.k.

What goes on "over here" is that there are very many reputable Apple resellers selling Apple products. Or you can order from the on-line Thailand Apple Store and have your product delivered. Pretty much the same as the UK except there is not yet a bricks and mortar Apple store.

^and I would guess that those "reputable" spots are quite a bit more likely to propagate some kind of scam, at least on a small scale. Again, if the price is comparable, why not buy where you are sure. But that is me :)