Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)

tony5150

I will be in Bangkok in a few days for four months I will have a Non-Immigrant Visa (valid 6 months - double entry). I want to visit Angkor Wat and stay in siem reap for a few days. How easy is it to get to siem reap. thanks

Flying in is the easiest but not the cheapest by far. Sorta depends on your budget.

I figure minimum time is three days & two nights.

A number of good guest houses right downtown nearby the Old Market area, handy to lots of eateries and drinkeries.

A very good guide book is widely available in hardcopy at the guest houses and online:

http://canbypublications.com/

Mac

If you are exiting Thailand, make sure to apply for a re-entry permit beforehand. Otherwise, the Thai Immigrations Officer will cancel your non-immigrant visa and issue you a tourist visa upon return from Siem Riep.

Flying in is the easiest but not the cheapest by far. Sorta depends on your budget.

I figure minimum time is three days & two nights.

A number of good guest houses right downtown nearby the Old Market area, handy to lots of eateries and drinkeries.

A very good guide book is widely available in hardcopy at the guest houses and online:

http://canbypublications.com/

Mac

Yep, agree with this post.

Day 1, visit museum in SR and learn something about the experience. Arrange tuk tuk for next morning at 5.30 am

Day 2, go to Angkor Wat, you will be watted - out by 11 am approx. Back to hotel and recover.

Day 3, experience SR and arrange onward transport.

If you are looking for a decent, inexpensive place to stay located within easy walking distance of Pub Street and the downtown markets then checkout Golden Temple Villa,

www.goldentemplevilla.com We stayed there last year and for the price it was great.