Giva Organic Vegan Raw Food & Drink

junglechef

Though it's been there for two year hidden down a back soi I just happened upon it yesterday and stopped in for lunch. My first foray into raw food and it was interesting and delicious. I had Pasta and Pesto (around 185 bht) which was shaved fresh zucchini with a sauce made from mixed nuts, olive oil and sweet basil. Admitting it's not for everyone but those who enjoy trying something new and feel like being healthy, for at least for a meal, check it out. It's behind D2 Hotel on Tapie Soi 1 (off Loi Khor Rd.).

Thanks junglechef, I will definitely check it out next time I am over that way. I am into raw organic food and never knew about this place (rarely go over that way, but have done numerous and various organic Chiang Mai Google searches and never saw it come up). Funny how sometimes these places can stay hidden. That's what I love about this forum. Someone is always finding some hidden gem and passes it on. smile.png

Edited by onthedarkside
font/clor reformatted

The owner told me he had never heard of TV (as a few others did when I told them I'd give them a plug) which is interesting to me that business that cater to falang, both tourist and ex-pats don't do much market research or perhaps just ignore the expats who could represent more repeat business than the tourist's who are here only two weeks a year. Anyway they are on Happy Cow - healthy eating guide (http://www.happycow.net/) which lists almost 60 veggie restaurants in our fine town. I find it a bit weird, though fully understanding implications, that a vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide would use something they don't promote in their name (well maybe "No Meat Restaurant Guide" would work) and the same name as many steak restaurants use (I know of one that whose motto is - Happy Cow Restaurant "where cows die happy"). I'll have to do some market research on my idea of the name "Zucchini, Sprouts and Wheat Grass Nowhere In Site" for my next roadside BBQ joint. Hope they drive by slowly enough to read the whole sign.

A bit after my last post I had the thought to look at happycow.net to see if Giva was on there, because I had (before finding Pun Pun Santitham) frequently looked at that site to see what I might find. I was surprised to see that Giva is on Happy Cow, because I had never noticed it before. Either they were not on there before 3 1/2 months ago or I had somehow missed seeing it before. I'll be over in that area next week and will try lunch there.

The owner told me he had never heard of TV (as a few others did when I told them I'd give them a plug) which is interesting to me that business that cater to falang, both tourist and ex-pats don't do much market research or perhaps just ignore the expats who could represent more repeat business than the tourist's who are here only two weeks a year. Anyway they are on Happy Cow - healthy eating guide (http://www.happycow.net/) which lists almost 60 veggie restaurants in our fine town. I find it a bit weird, though fully understanding implications, that a vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide would use something they don't promote in their name (well maybe "No Meat Restaurant Guide" would work) and the same name as many steak restaurants use (I know of one that whose motto is - Happy Cow Restaurant "where cows die happy"). I'll have to do some market research on my idea of the name "Zucchini, Sprouts and Wheat Grass Nowhere In Site" for my next roadside BBQ joint. Hope they drive by slowly enough to read the whole sign.

• Like 1