Thinking Of Buying A Civic

The teana looks great lowered on big wheels, especially in black or white. Accord is OK but only in V6 guise !

Each to their own. Personally i hate these big luxury saloons being given the racer boy look.

As for the V6 Accord, doesn't matter how good it is, 3.5L is crazy both in terms of tax and in terms of fuel consumption.

You can get the older 3.0 V6 which is not too bad, 220HP. It would be difficult to make the teana look boy racerish...just a lowered stance but no body kits needed.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The accord will look very sporty with mugen kits up.

Teana sure looks different to me..it's not a car but more reminds me of a moving traditional Chinese coffin!!!smile.png

Once you love the way a car drives, the looks can grow on you. Just my experience anyway.

I agree..just like my current car actually..

What is that mate?

Haha...u australian?

The latest 9th gen Civic and a 2008 Kia Cerato back in my country!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

Big engine tax is a problem, but fuel consumption not so much. A hard working small engine will often use more fuel than a bigger engine that does not need to break a sweat. That said, it only works if you keep you foot out of it!

Any word on the V6 in the PJS?

To a degree yes, but only if you are comparing engines of similar displacement. A 3.5l may achieve better fuel consumption than a 3.0l for example. But if the comparison is 1.2l in the March with the 3.5l Accord, doesn't matter how hard you thrash the 1.2l, and how gentle you are with the 3.5l, the 1.2l will still be cheaper at the pumps.

Apples and oranges. It takes a lot more fuel to accelerate a an Accord than a March, regardless of engine size.

I remember when I was car shopping in the US, V6 Camry got better mileage than the same car with a significantly smaller 4 cylinder.

• Like 1

Big engine tax is a problem, but fuel consumption not so much. A hard working small engine will often use more fuel than a bigger engine that does not need to break a sweat. That said, it only works if you keep you foot out of it!

Any word on the V6 in the PJS?

To a degree yes, but only if you are comparing engines of similar displacement. A 3.5l may achieve better fuel consumption than a 3.0l for example. But if the comparison is 1.2l in the March with the 3.5l Accord, doesn't matter how hard you thrash the 1.2l, and how gentle you are with the 3.5l, the 1.2l will still be cheaper at the pumps.

Apples and oranges. It takes a lot more fuel to accelerate a an Accord than a March, regardless of engine size.

I remember when I was car shopping in the US, V6 Camry got better mileage than the same car with a significantly smaller 4 cylinder.

I agree...

Well yes, if we are talking about different engines in the same car, then yes, the bigger engine can ran more efficiently than the smaller engine. Your initial statement didn't make that proviso.

• Like 1

You’re right again, my bad.

Well yes, if we are talking about different engines in the same car, then yes, the bigger engine can ran more efficiently than the smaller engine. Your initial statement didn't make that proviso.

You're right.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info on the Civic 2013 model? It was posted on another thread that the Civic 2013 will have a minor change when released in the second-half of 2013. Is this confirmed for Thailand? Any idea what the minor change could be?

I know the new Civic 2012 has been released....

• 1 month later...

The new Focus (August launch) wipes the floor with the Civic in terms of performance, driving dynamics, specification, technology and looks (subjective of course). The only thing the Civic wins on is residual value. If you like the Civic check out the Corolla Altis as well as its on a par with it.

Negative.

The Civic wins where it counts. SERVICE.

I've had my cruze for over a year and unlike with a honda, i have not had to get anything fixed.

Also the dealer treats me like a human being and getting anything out of them does not take 6months+

Me too. Aside from the 2 noises I've had nothing serious happen or fixed.

And I've had the same experience from my dealer. Although not all dealers are the same, mine are great.

I almost bought another Honda. I was there. I had the money, but the awful customer service lost my business. I guess they don't have to care since the cars sell themselves.

Now, that one about the Honda Service sounds funny reading your comments of September...

• Like 1

My wife's new car is the new 2.0 Focus with 170 bhp. I ordered at the Bangkok motor show. I expect it to arrive next week. I could have had grey this week but we want black.

Yo BIG Guns, I am thinking of getting the Focus 2.0 Sports. Could I know what accessories were given? I have no clue what accessories there are out there and hence and mot sure what to ask for.

Thanks.

The new Focus (August launch) wipes the floor with the Civic in terms of performance, driving dynamics, specification, technology and looks (subjective of course). The only thing the Civic wins on is residual value. If you like the Civic check out the Corolla Altis as well as its on a par with it.

Negative.

The Civic wins where it counts. SERVICE.

My wife had the current model City for 3 years and the service was crap. The car had to be repaired after it was rear ended and was never done properly by Honda. The car frequently came back from servicing with small scratches. The servicing depends on the dealer not the brand. The new Focus Sport + wipes the floor with the Civic.

My wife's new car is the new 2.0 Focus with 170 bhp. I ordered at the Bangkok motor show. I expect it to arrive next week. I could have had grey this week but we want black.

Yo BIG Guns, I am thinking of getting the Focus 2.0 Sports. Could I know what accessories were given? I have no clue what accessories there are out there and hence and mot sure what to ask for.

Thanks.

The wife's car is the Focus Sport+. I ordered it at the Bangkok motor show in April and it came with free 1st class insurance, film, mats and 500 THB of petrolbiggrin.png. In terms of accessories there's nothing obvious you can add to the car with the exception of GPS but I already had a Garmin. I saw that the Ford website now lists some accessories e,g daytime lights, mesh for the front spoiler etc maybe you can try for some of those.

Thanks.

The wife's car is the Focus Sport+. I ordered it at the Bangkok motor show in April and it came with free 1st class insurance, film, mats and 500 THB of petrolbiggrin.png. In terms of accessories there's nothing obvious you can add to the car with the exception of GPS but I already had a Garmin. I saw that the Ford website now lists some accessories e,g daytime lights, mesh for the front spoiler etc maybe you can try for some of those.

Thanks for sharing BIG Guns. Appreciate that. What colour did you get? I am thinking of candy red or winning blue. Wanted mustard olive initially, but wife says ugly...What about fuel consumption? Cheers!

Thanks.

Wrong thread..look for the focus thread instead?

Does anyone have any info on the Civic 2013 model? It was posted on another thread that the Civic 2013 will have a minor change when released in the second-half of 2013. Is this confirmed for Thailand? Any idea what the minor change could be?

Here u go but heard Asian Civic will not be introduced of this new facelift..

post-158257-13530949663416_thumb.jpg

post-158257-13530949793402_thumb.jpg

Here u go but heard Asian Civic will not be introduced of this new facelift..

Correct - Thai built Civic's will continue with their current styling in TH.

Note however that a number of design changes were implemented in Thai-spec Civics prior to launch though - so not all of the criticism levelled at them in the USA translates to the models we have available.

Sorry, but I find it quite amusing that people can get so excited by possibly the most rapidly depreciating asset known to man!

Worth 100k less tomorrow after putting a few kms on the clock!

You could say the same thing about young women, do they excite you?

Sorry, but I find it quite amusing that people can get so excited by possibly the most rapidly depreciating asset known to man!

A 4 year old honda jazz will still command 500K+ baht.....yes cars depreciates in LoS, but nothing like in the West! Women here are comparatively more expensive to look after, thoughlaugh.png

• Like 1

Women here are comparatively more expensive to look after, thoughlaugh.png

And once a month they break down and you are left without a ride and renting another one during that period is fraught with hazards. wink.png

I've had my Civic 2.0 for 3 years this month and not a single problem except to replace a front turn signal lamp that burned out. Cost 105 Baht. I believe the new generation civic has gone backward in design to being generic and looks (rear at least) like so many types on the road now.

• Like 2

A 4 year old honda jazz will still command 500K+ baht.....yes cars depreciates in LoS, but nothing like in the West! Women here are comparatively more expensive to look after, thoughlaugh.png

I have a 3.75 years old White Jazz AT, however, dealers are quoting 400,000 to 450,000 baht for it despite it being accident free....I guess the difference is their profit.

• Like 1

I have a 3.75 years old White Jazz AT, however, dealers are quoting 400,000 to 450,000 baht for it despite it being accident free....I guess the difference is their profit.

yes their markup is quite high. try selling it privately for a bit better deal. The good thing about dealers is you can get the cash in a couple of days - less headaches.

yes their markup is quite high. try selling it privately for a bit better deal. The good thing about dealers is you can get the cash in a couple of days - less headaches.

In a couple of days or immediate perhaps?Got mine immediate after signings of documents selling the old CRV...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app