Looking For Long Term Rental (6 Months)

n00b

Looking to rent a condo from early September in Cha Am or Hua Hin. I will apply for an education visa and will most likely stay six months. If the condo building is near some of the language schools that would be preferred. Looking for anything under 10k a month with standard electricity and water rate. Might consider house/townhouse if I find the security good enough. Preferable to deal with owners directly. Anyone planning on renting out anything soon or have some tips on how I should go about finding such a place when I get there?

I would also know if there is a large price difference. Is Cha Am really cheaper than Hua Hin and how much of a price difference are we talking about?

Cha-Am is probably cheaper but it will also probably be harder to find what you want as there is a much bigger market in Hua Hin. However, I believe it will be difficult to find anything suitable in Hua Hin for under 10k, but I could be wrong as I haven't been looking. At that price I believe you would be looking at a one room type of accommodation located outside town or on the edge of town so you would need transport of some kind.

Well the living budget is 15,000 but that is including internet and electricity. I don't know exactly what that would cost me in Hua Hin or Cha Am so I assume the rent itself have to be 10-12k.

In Cha-am a condo under or around baht 10.000.- will be difficult, but a townhouse around baht 10.000.- is no problem. Hua hin is for sure much more expensive

How on earth does a condo become more expensive than a townhouse? Ah well, let's say I'm searching for townhouses and other sort of apartments then. I really thought small condos would be the cheapest thing next to a basement studio. Different country different values. Maybe it has something to do with security, view or location, I can't think of another reason one would chose to pay more for less space.

Try to goggle: Sport Villa Hua Hin, Think it will suit you perfectthumbsup.gif

I had a look at it, thanks. Too be considered. I saw the town houses went for 12-15k. Might be room to put in some kitchen equipment there.

Well the living budget is 15,000 but that is including internet and electricity. I don't know exactly what that would cost me in Hua Hin or Cha Am so I assume the rent itself have to be 10-12k.

Do you mean your total monthly budget is 15k or is that just for housing, internet, and electric? Housing in a pit of a place is going to be a minimum of 8-10k, the cheapest internet package I know of is about 600 baht and if you use no A/C at all you can probably get by for 400 on electric. If that is your total budget it only leaves about 5k per month (or about 175 baht per day) for everything else i.e., food, drink, entertainment, transportation, etc.

I know some people who live here very cheaply in small places in mainly Thai neighborhoods and own no transport but walk, and use buses and motorcycle taxis to get around and even imo, living almost like a pauper still spend closer to double what you are talking about. I hope that is your budget for just housing, electric and internet and you have another 15k for other things or you'll not have a very fun life here.

There is a new development in Cha Am with 5700 units being developed. I would think you could rent one of those for your price range. The name is The Energy if you google http://www.homesthai...ity/0000002731/

it you can get info on it and others

good luck.

One problem being it hasn't been built yet!

Some people are so fussy, besides some have been built.

There is a new development in Cha Am with 5700 units being developed. I would think you could rent one of those for your price range. The name is The Energy if you google http://www.homesthai...ity/0000002731/

good luck.

:)

Some out of 5700?

That'll be a nice quiet place to spend a few months! ;)

good luck.

Where are the ones that have been built?...not the showrooms?

Do you mean your total monthly budget is 15k or is that just for housing, internet, and electric? Housing in a pit of a place is going to be a minimum of 8-10k, the cheapest internet package I know of is about 600 baht and if you use no A/C at all you can probably get by for 400 on electric. If that is your total budget it only leaves about 5k per month (or about 175 baht per day) for everything else i.e., food, drink, entertainment, transportation, etc.

I know some people who live here very cheaply in small places in mainly Thai neighborhoods and own no transport but walk, and use buses and motorcycle taxis to get around and even imo, living almost like a pauper still spend closer to double what you are talking about. I hope that is your budget for just housing, electric and internet and you have another 15k for other things or you'll not have a very fun life here.

I might have been a little unclear. I meant my regular living expenses. Rent, ectricity and internet. I assume 2000-2500 for electricity and 1000-1500 for internet which leaves 11,000-12,000 for rent.

Other money will be 25,000-30,000 a month.