Hayabusa Motorbike Service

alexbangsare

Hi All,

I need to service my 1999 hayabusa motorbike. i have been scouring the forums and some of the information on where the best place to take it seems to be quite out of date. Any adivce on where i can take it for a full service ( needs a whole lot of work done to it)

Actually it wont even start now so i need somone to come pick it up too!

Any help is much appreciated as i have had this bike since new and really dont want to end up with bad work done on it.

Hi All,

I need to service my 1999 hayabusa motorbike. i have been scouring the forums and some of the information on where the best place to take it seems to be quite out of date. Any adivce on where i can take it for a full service ( needs a whole lot of work done to it)

Any help is much appreciated as i have had this bike since new and really dont want to end up with bad work done on it.

http://www.pattayasuperbikes.com/

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Hi All,

I just popped in there and they dont service in pattaya ( send bikes to bangkok) i was hoping for somone local who can do a good job. if i have to send it to Bangkok i know plenty of places there i can send the bike to .

Edited by alexbangsare

Hi All,

I just popped in there and they dont service in pattaya ( send bikes to bangkok) i was hoping for somone local who can do a good job. if i have to send it to Bangkok i know plenty of places there i can send the bike to .

There is no yamaha (i mean big bike) place in town. The Banglamung Motobike Shop ( opposite Tesco Lotus on Sukumvit ) did a pretty nice jobs for me ( tires, chain-kit etc.) but i believe if you need complicated stuff like engine adjustment or carborater calibration bangkok it is.

You could try the Kawaski place on sukumvit, but i haven't been there.

opposite tesco North pattaya on sukumvit you will see a gas station then an overwalkway going south, the last shop on that block is a bike repair shop - pop in there (don't go to road machine on 3rd road -

Edited by Rimmer

(don't go to road machine on 3rd road -

I found him to be ok,, don't mind paying if he fixes a problem ?...........He also has a good stock of oils and consumables, i just bought 520 gold chain from him last week..2200 baht i think.

(If your bike doesn't start, take out the battery and get it charged at any small bike shop)

Edited by Rimmer

opposite tesco North pattaya on sukumvit you will see a gas station then an overwalkway going south, the last shop on that block is a bike repair shop - pop in there (don't go to road machine on 3rd road -

You mean South Pattaya surely?

how long has the bike been sitting ?

If for a long time you are going to be faced with a few issues, if the fuel tank ran dry it is most likely rusted inside which will require treatment or replacement, also the fuel pump if inside the tank (usually) will have siezed and need to be replaced, fuel pressure regulator will probably need replaced also, bot familiar with you bike just mostly guessing

how long has the bike been sitting ?

If for a long time you are going to be faced with a few issues, if the fuel tank ran dry it is most likely rusted inside which will require treatment or replacement, also the fuel pump if inside the tank (usually) will have siezed and need to be replaced, fuel pressure regulator will probably need replaced also, bot familiar with you bike just mostly guessing

Its been a month since i last rode it, but usually only start it once a month and then just park it.Its a 13 year old bike with only 3000 km on the clock... I keep it on a trickle charger for the battery so there is plenty of juice but it just wont start... im guessing fuelpump / debris in the tank... pluse needs new plugs and a whole lot more...

Im going to take the tank off and try to clean it out and check what i can to see if i can get it started at least..

fuel degrades over time so might be an idea to flush the tank and put in new fuel, you should hear the pump prime when you turn on ignition that's of course provided it's fuel injected, if carb then then you'll be looking for another set of issues, get Maw to come and collect it and let him sort it for you, he is not expensive and does good work, I've had my bike here in Pattaya for over six years, if he has any issues he'll probably call me, anyway hope it all goes well

fuel degrades over time so might be an idea to flush the tank and put in new fuel, you should hear the pump prime when you turn on ignition that's of course provided it's fuel injected, if carb then then you'll be looking for another set of issues, get Maw to come and collect it and let him sort it for you, he is not expensive and does good work, I've had my bike here in Pattaya for over six years, if he has any issues he'll probably call me, anyway hope it all goes well

Ok I dropped by there today and he will come get the bike tomorrow.... i started the job myself and when i saw the thick brown gunk coming out of the petrol tank ( tilted it up and the brittle fuel line snapped off the nipple) i realised this is going to be a bit of work..

ive been reading on the web and apparently the newer models of the hayabusa have an internal fuel pump where as my original 99 model has the external one. all the websites seem to say the internal one is much more reliable and performs better... wonder if it would be asking too much for this guy to do that upgrade?

lets see how we go!

Ok I dropped by there today and he will come get the bike tomorrow.... i started the job myself and when i saw the thick brown gunk coming out of the petrol tank ( tilted it up and the brittle fuel line snapped off the nipple) i realised this is going to be a bit of work..

ive been reading on the web and apparently the newer models of the hayabusa have an internal fuel pump where as my original 99 model has the external one. all the websites seem to say the internal one is much more reliable and performs better... wonder if it would be asking too much for this guy to do that upgrade?

lets see how we go!

Just a tip. But if you actually rode the bike regular and put new fuel in it you wouldn't have so many problems :)

sent from my Wellcom A90+