Astro Tv In Bangkok

ManOnTheRoad

Hi guys,

I have seen lots of discussion about Astro TV Malaysia here on Thaivisa. Ive got a couple of Original Astro Box or Astro with Dreambox. (Only for Bangkok Resident)

PM me for more information

Cheers

MOTR

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

The latter make great door stops!!

Like the old True boxes.

We just gave a pile of them away last week .. the old Phillips Astro boxes that is.

Edited by jsat

Astro probably going to HD box only soon as UBC - True did a couple of months ago.

coffee1.gif

As Jsat says, Astro has had HD for over 18 months, actually two years.... since I first subscribed...

There are now 19 HD channels and they are now advertising one being broad cast in 3 D... leap years ahead.... rolleyes.gif

Better range of programing choices..... better image and sound quality too.... tongue.png ..... and you don't need to be connected to the cable system.... thumbsup.gif

and it does not fade with a passing cloud as some would suggest... at least in the southern part of Thailand... it depends on the size of satellite dish you have.... that will depend on your area.... on Samui, I use a 90 cm dish... in BKK you'll need a larger one.... wink.png

Where is the line in Thailand where the footprint fades..

I am in CM and various installers have told me your cannot get astro, but if your getting it with a small dish in BKK then would think a 6 ft dish up here might catch it no ???

Hi guys ,

3) Option

Original Astro Set Box : Astro Beyond + Able to record channel

Dreambox HD :Full Package

Dreambox SD : Full Package

For the Original Astro box : you need a 2 meter satellite in Bangkok...Ku Band

While the Dreambox ot can be the normal True Vision Satellite... Ku Band

im located in central bangkok and the Astro Beyond at home works perfectly but i need to use the big black satellite, I prefer Astro rather than True Vision because of the Football and other sports,Rugby,boxing commentary in English smile.png

PM me for more info.

For CM i heard you need a big satellite dish sad.png

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

How big ? theres a maybe 8 ft'er unused at the bottom of the garden.

10m for rain fade free - a 3.2m will not cut the mustard up there either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys ,

3) Option

im located in central bangkok and the Astro Beyond at home works perfectly but i need to use the big black satellite, I prefer Astro rather than True Vision because of the Football and other sports,Rugby,boxing commentary in English smile.png

PM me for more info.

Hi ... may i know how big is your black dish? I am staying in Phahon Yothin ara, am thinking of installing a Astro HD (for the HD channels of course), but if the dish is too big, it may be a problem to me.

Hi guys ,

3) Option

PM me for more info.

Hi ... may i know how big is your black dish? I am staying in Phahon Yothin ara, am thinking of installing a Astro HD (for the HD channels of course), but if the dish is too big, it may be a problem to me.

Can't use the black dish you need 120 cm white dish with universal ku LNB for Astro Beyond HD

JSAT. One ad on your page says 14k and the other 33k for Astro. Which is current?

they are both current but for the astro hd set top box, dish, lnb, cabling, installation 33k + subscription - the local astro provider of these boxes thinks they are made of gold.

Feel free to email us on [email protected] or ring us direct on 02.714.3551

Edited by jsat