Water Park (Black Mountain) Hua Hin

Just heard that Hua Hin has got it's water park recently and may return to the place after 8 years. Without it it was too boring for my child.

Looked it up on the net, Black Mountain Water Park, looks eery, hardly anyone there, as if it is incomplete.

On another forum, they say it is fully functional and open. The distance and fee (even at 50% discount it is 450B for adults, 225B for kids) could make it a flop?

Anyone been there recently?

Fully functional. On weekends and holidays full with mainly Thais. Extended family went there during the schoolholidays, all kids happy and wanted to stay longer. So I guess it is okay. As for the price, think it is quite fair.

The park is complete, fully functional and good fun.

Things to look out for;

1. the smooth concrete surface around the wave pool is slippy when wet so watch your feet.

2. the inflatable lazy river tubes (car inner tubes) are too small for Western tourists butts to sit low down on and as a result they are top heavy and unstable. That means they flip very easily.

My wife sat on one in the wave pool shallows, flipped over, knees into chest and broke her ribs. (It was an accident so no advice required on suing their ass off). Lifeguards were on the scene within seconds, followed by a first aider.

The slides are great and the wave pool is good fun also. Restaurant/bar prices are reasonable.

Overall we had a very good day and despite the accident we'll be back our next trip.

In there yesterday, good time, they have added additional beds which is good because when it's busy there is nowhere to sit. They have got rid of the tyres in the wave pool and replaced with boards, a lot better, staff attentive, clean although not enough toilets. All in all good value, the kids love it and made friends.

Glad I saw this post! This will be something fun for me and the little lady to do one day.

I've been to 2 amusement parks in Thailand, both were a far cry in quality and selection of rides from anything you'd find in.....well just about most anywhere else. LOL

But a fun day of slides, water rides, and a wave pool sound like a nice way to kill a day in the sun thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I live close to the new water park and all of my family have been and had a great time, the water slides are fantastic but not for the faint hearted, the main pool is luxurious, meals, drinks etc are reasonably priced as is the entry fee. One has to consider that to build and operate a place like this cost an enourmous sum and it will take the developers quite some time to recever their investment. Chatting with staff the other day they advised the biggest issue was getting visitors to attend when the weather is not so good, like right now with rain everyday.

Get off your butts and go and enjoy a great day out and support a local business

Is there a lesser priced option to take kids or family there and just wait and eat and drink where one can watch or will an adult who is not using the water facilities still charged the same entry fee? I'm not interested in the water activities, frankly, too old and too fat to fit into any of my old swimsuits, but I would like to go and keep an eye on my step daughter from a distance while having a meal and sipping some beers.

• Like 2

Is there a lesser priced option to take kids or family there and just wait and eat and drink where one can watch or will an adult who is not using the water facilities still charged the same entry fee? I'm not interested in the water activities, frankly, too old and too fat to fit into any of my old swimsuits, but I would like to go and keep an eye on my step daughter from a distance while having a meal and sipping some beers.

You pay as you enter and then no addotional costs for usage except food and drinks. 500Baht for a full day a few times a year surely does not break the bank

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Here as I write this .

Arrived around 12 with me the mrs and the little one . First good point , kids no charge ;) 600 each for me and the wife.

Overall great day for the kid . Mum and dad had some fun on the slides too ;)

Visit Hua Hin / Cha am 7 or 8 times a year on the way through to bkk . Reckon this will be a must do for the next few trips at least.

Went with my 2 daughters and wife last week. 600 baht for adults 300 baht for kids. Free for under 5s. My wife didn't swim or go on any of the slides; there is no discount for this option. Bring your own towel. Towel rental is 100 baht. We had our water confiscated as we entered so we had to pay the Water Park's inflated prices. A small can of Leo was 65 baht and Heineken 75 baht. Bringing your own food and drink is not permitted, although it can be purchased there at prices that are not excessive, but not cheap. There were hardly any Thais there, mostly holiday makers. We got there around lunch-time and there was not one spare sun-bed; only 15-20% were occupied, the rest had towels etc perched on them to show they were taken. That was rather annoying, but it was high season. Get there early to get a place. My kids loved the experience. It's the first time we've visited a water park as a family and despite my wife having to sit on a shaded bench near the slides, we all had a great day out. It closes at 5pm.