Sr & Pp Condominiums - Has Anyone Lived/Stayed There?

scd

Hello all.

I'm looking at buying a condominium in CM and have noticed that these two complexs have a number of listings. I'm hoping that if anyone has lived/stayed in either of these buildings they can tell me of there experience and if there is anything i should be aware of before buying?

With much thanks in advance.

scd

I haven't found yet them as can never get the pronounciation right, but the local sahmlor driver loves Sr and the wretched old hag who flogs the lotteries swears by Pp, so I reckons they are probably OK.

There are Condos selling for B200,000 at PP so i went to look .The place looks grim ,and looks like a prison block .No way would i invest any money there even at the cheap initial cost .

• Like 1

You have to understand that at the prices that these buildings are selling at your not going to be able to purchase at the Punna!!! They have seen a lot of interest in the last year or so and this in-turn has added to the price.. They are definitely worth watching as there are not many places in Chiang Mai where you can purchase at these prices..

• Like 1

Thank you everyone so far for the advice, and any more is welcome, positive or negative. I like to do due dilligence when making investments and it's nice to think we can all support each other here in CM.

There are Condos selling for B200,000 at PP so i went to look .The place looks grim ,and looks like a prison block .No way would i invest any money there even at the cheap initial cost .

Yeah; I think you're always limited to the lower end in those types of buildings. No matter how nice you decorate a unit, you're still firmly in apartment territory. (4000 baht rent max) Of course, that may be just fine.

Thank you everyone so far for the advice, and any more is welcome, positive or negative. I like to do due dilligence when making investments and it's nice to think we can all support each other here in CM.

due diligence would include a inspection of the property talk to the management and look around the area is it in a noisy place or next door to property for future development.

Not sure how to create a community feeling with no lobby.

• Like 1

Well, good luck talking to management and getting any straight answers.

Never, ever rely on what condo management or the vendor tells you - insist on seeing (and understanding) the up to date audited accounts, walk the whole building to check if it's maintained, take a look at the fire escapes and lift inspection certificate while you are at it too. Most importantly, find as many impartial co-owners or even tenants and get the picture about the management - they've got you by the proverbial short and curlies after you buy and no matter how lovely your own apartment is, when it comes to selling or renting it's the lobby, the pool, the parking and the common areas that people judge the place on.

• Like 1