3Bb 12M / 1M Package Any Good ?

Notstupid30

Just wanted to ask you guy's that’s if anybody using the 3BB 12M / 1M Package any good? As I’m running a 3BB Premier line as we speak but want more speed for my torrents plus 2,500THB is a bit much these days also people have said why the hell are you paying this much for an internet line when indy just as good ..

Cheers for the help ...

Edited by Notstupid30

FWIW, I have the consumer 3BB 9Mbps/1Mbps in Hua Hin for B900/month, and well-seeded torrents routinely hit the full speed. As with any discussion about ISPs in Thailand, results will vary from location to location with ANY of the ISPs. i.e. A 3BB user in Hua Hin may strenuously disagree with my report as his/her experience is different, and neither of us is lying. All to say: YMMV. smile.png

Yea my line has been awesome for the past 5 years now they also up the line to 9Mbps/1Mbps and my torrents have been extremely fast over the years when needed but could do with my more speed but just don't fancy swooping over then to find out the speed not that good at all i would be gutted .. only time will tell that's when i change that is ...

if you need 1meg upload you can take the 9/1 if you don't need the 1meg upload, simply take indy 6/512 but 3BB gives you 20% more bandwidth for free : 8288 / 636(from the modem).

My friend has 9/1M 3BB package in Chiang mai. I noticed that they have some kind of fair use policy or something, after downloading 10-20Gb from usenet, it throttled bandwidth to 1Mbit. I was downloading via ssl on port 443 so its almost impossible for them to detect p2p/usenet download. On the other hand, I never had any bandwidth throttling in TOT ADSL.

My friend has 9/1M 3BB package in Chiang mai. I noticed that they have some kind of fair use policy or something, after downloading 10-20Gb from usenet, it throttled bandwidth to 1Mbit. I was downloading via ssl on port 443 so its almost impossible for them to detect p2p/usenet download. On the other hand, I never had any bandwidth throttling in TOT ADSL.

an important correction in your statement:

fyi, it's extremely easy for your ISP to detect p2p traffic, it's just difficult for them to figure out the contents of that traffic if you use encryption / ssl

@Notstupid30

Since when True has hourly download limit on xDSL Packages?! I thought they only had this for cable ultra internet packages.

Found it on there website the other day when looking at deal's also put the true one up just in case people were looking at a new package so then they can compare with one and other ... I'm going for the 13M /1M i'm still saving 1000THB a month so not bad really ..

I also want to get rid off true ubc cable tv but cant yet as i want to see how fast the 13M / 1M with live steam for the Barclays Premier League also not happy about them doing away with the german and spain leagues ..

Ps Thanks everybody .,.