Country Of Origin, How Important ?

soi41

Certain parts of the UK are as you say a sh*thole,but then so are certain parts of Thailand a shit*hole,you would only visit once,nowhere is perfect.

Britain is a police state, most don't seem to notice how oppressed they are.

What do you mean?

I never felt oppressed.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

None of my family or friends complain about oppression.

SC

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike British French have taste and find Pattaya corny

I give up. Why do French men come to Pattaya?

For their corns

What's wrong with corn?

The French come to Pattaya for the high art and conversation . " Me so corny"

• Like 2

Countries don't actually exist. They're an illusion. Constructs of a collective madness.

Saying that, most of my friends in Thailand are American or Scandinavian, two close friends (lifetime expats) are British, one Japanese, a few close friends are Thai . . . it turns out we're all the same, so doesn't really matter.

Correct. Nobody can not/should not be able to own land. If I'm wrong, who owns the planet?

I never felt oppressed.

None of my family or friends complain about oppression.

Exactly my point!

What do you mean?

Thos French guys really seem to enjoy the Simon Cabaret. whistling.gif

There are a number of French bars in Pattaya. A couple on Soi Cheap Charlie if my memory is correct.

Certain parts of the UK are as you say a sh*thole,but then so are certain parts of Thailand a shit*hole,you would only visit once,nowhere is perfect.

But the rest of the planet follows. Germany is also scary with the government can look on the bank accounts and emails.....Austria follows.....

Thos French guys really seem to enjoy the Simon Cabaret. whistling.gif

There are a number of French bars in Pattaya. A couple on Soi Cheap Charlie if my memory is correct.

Yep a couple, for how many British ones ???

Can someone remind me which nationality are otherwise known as cheese-eating surrender monkeys?

You got me there. I shall munch on my large piece of cheddar and think about it. licklips.gif

Can someone remind me which nationality are otherwise known as cheese-eating surrender monkeys?

You got me there. I shall munch on my large piece of cheddar and think about it. licklips.gif

Do you give up?

I would rather that than a Lawless one,or would you prefer that?

Yes, I prefer Thailand, silly laws not enforced, but hardly any crime (aimed at me)

In the UK cameras everywhere, but crime still proliferates. The police just seem to be extra tax collectors.

Yes, I prefer Thailand, silly laws not enforced, but hardly any crime (aimed at me)

In the UK cameras everywhere, but crime still proliferates. The police just seem to be extra tax collectors.

The Serious laws are not enforced either, and Stacks of crime and Scams.

UK CCT Camers are mostly in the inner cities,and are a great help to the Police,to arrest Rapists Muggers,and Thieves,and so far I don't know anyone who has suffered from the Big Brother/1984 claim.

Sure you will be caught for speeding,which is a small price to pay,for 24 hour vigilance.

Love or Hate the UK mainly IMO stems from what part of the Country you Live in/Lived in. From your regular anti Brit Posts,I would put money on the guess,that you originally lived in a run down City environment , and not from the South,or SE,SW and/or Quieter Pleasant Rural Areas,which are a pleasure to live in.I could name some far from pleasant areas in the UK,but with respect for other TV members,I shall refrain from naming some of them.

The Abject Bitterness from some members towards their own Country is very Sad,and the amount of Disloyalty,Hatred,Lack of Respect shown indicates they are better off in a Semi Lawless Country,which gives them the unbridled Freedom they desire...... at a price.

I do agree with you that the Police sometimes seem like part time Tax Collectors.

Law and order is one area where the UK (and most developed / Western countries) are unquestionably superior to Thailand.

That is a simple fact and will not necessarily (but might be) always the case. Thailand, of course, has strengths in other areas.

• Like 1

Someone once stole a wheel off my car (not like that poor chap some time back who had the roof and doors nicked off his motor, but from the photo, he seemed to park it in a pretty rough area), but then, in the UK I didn't live in a gated community with 24 hour security.

I reckon in the UK I could walk into my local police station, and ask which areas were under CCTV surveillance, and they would give me some general indication. I would tell someone else where I was going before I tried the same thing at a Thai police station...

SC

ermm.gif

Nobody should EVER forget their nationality. Their forefathers have fought and died, fought for justice for the poor AND got it.

oooooooooooooop'd I'm English, don't know about the rest of you lot. smile.png

My forefathers went to England, killed a few, raped a few and then decided that Greenland was a nicer place.

Where they proceeded to do the same to the local Musk Ox.biggrin.png

• Like 1

The Serious laws are not enforced either, and Stacks of crime and Scams.

UK CCT Camers are mostly in the inner cities,and are a great help to the Police,to arrest Rapists Muggers,and Thieves,and so far I don't know anyone who has suffered from the Big Brother/1984 claim.

Sure you will be caught for speeding,which is a small price to pay,for 24 hour vigilance.

I lived in a small Cornish village with 1 main road. There were 6 CCTV cameras along that road.

Law and order is one area where the UK (and most developed / Western countries) are unquestionably superior to Thailand.

That is a simple fact and will not necessarily (but might be) always the case. Thailand, of course, has strengths in other areas.

<deleted>!

Do you forget all the rioting and demos with city centers being destroyed and burnt in August last year?

http://en.wikipedia....1_England_riots

The riots were characterised by rampant looting and arson attacks of unprecedented levels. As a result, British Prime Minister David Cameron returned early from his holiday in Italy and other government and opposition leaders also ended their holidays to attend to the matter. All police leave was cancelled and Parliament was recalled on 11 August to debate the situation.

As of 15 August, about 3,100 people had been arrested, of whom more than 1,000 had been charged.[13] Arrests, charges and court proceedings continue. Initially, courts sat for extended hours. There were a total 3,443 crimes across London linked to the disorder.[14] Emergency calls on Monday night saw a 400% increase, from 5,400 normally to 20,800.

The red shirts didn't do a fraction of that damage.

Law and Order in the UK superior ....... 555

Edited by TommoPhysicist

<deleted>!

Do you forget all the rioting and demos with city centers being destroyed and burnt in August last year?

The riots were characterised by rampant looting and arson attacks of unprecedented levels. As a result, British Prime Minister David Cameron returned early from his holiday in Italy and other government and opposition leaders also ended their holidays to attend to the matter. All police leave was cancelled and Parliament was recalled on 11 August to debate the situation.

As of 15 August, about 3,100 people had been arrested, of whom more than 1,000 had been charged.[13] Arrests, charges and court proceedings continue. Initially, courts sat for extended hours. There were a total 3,443 crimes across London linked to the disorder.[14] Emergency calls on Monday night saw a 400% increase, from 5,400 normally to 20,800.

Do you really think the "riots" in the UK (of which I saw nothing despite living in central London at the time) compare to some of the breakdowns in law and order that have happened in Thailand over the last few years?

Are you aware of the coups, protests leading to hundreds of deaths, occupation of the main airport, ongoing terrorism in the border regions, not to mention a murder rate that is 4 times higher than in the UK?

If you really believe law and order in Thailand is superior to the UK I can only imagine you never leave your village and your only source of information on the outside world is the Daily Mail website.

• Like 2

<deleted>!

Think you forgot about what happened in Bangkok last year and the red shirts backed up by AK47's. Think you also forgot at that time young soldiers dragged from their vehicle for a beating..

The cameras in your Cornish village were probably there keeping an eye on you smile.png .

Because of CCTV in UK, many crimes are solved and YOU remember all the CCTV stuff is because of the modern behavior of the natives and to protect the innocent. smile.png

• Like 1

<deleted>!

Do you really think the "riots" in the UK (of which I saw nothing despite living in central London at the time) compare to some of the breakdowns in law and order that have happened in Thailand over the last few years?

Are you aware of the coups, protests leading to hundreds of deaths, occupation of the main airport, ongoing terrorism in the border regions, not to mention a murder rate that is 4 times higher than in the UK?

If you really believe law and order in Thailand is superior to the UK I can only imagine you never leave your village and your only source of information on the outside world is the Daily Mail website.

The Sun. laugh.png

<deleted>!

Either he's not very keen on law and order, or he can't read Thai.

I wonder how ignorant about local conditions one could remain, living in th UK?

SC