Non Stop Flts To Hkg

trawler

Is everyone aware that Dragonair have started a 4 times a week service to/from Hong Kong since 1st July???It operates on Wed/Thur/Sat/Sun.Leaves Hkg around 1400 and departs Chiang Mai around 1820.All economy but 2 hrs 30 mins to Hkg beats 8 hours via Bkk any day.Currently only till early Oct but hoping it will continue.cheers Happy Bunny.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Perhaps some substantial discounts are available if one books through an agency. Booking via the Dragonair website reveals an all-in return fare of 39,820 baht. No thanks!

You're doing it wrong.

post-64232-0-09656200-1341802064_thumb.p

So that's 9,750 all in, return. Or 4,875 one way.

In comparison, on TG via Bangkok that's 12,715 + 5000 = 17,715. (Incl. the CNX-BKK-CNX flights)

Or Cathay the same is 9,750 (so a lot cheaper/better than TG), making for a total of 14,750 including the BKK flight.

Or you can go AirAsia via Macau:

post-64232-0-03082200-1341802619_thumb.p

So that's a very competitive 6,730 return. Of course then you likely get some Air Asia surcharges for checking a bag and what not, plus the ferry to Hong Kong, which would be about 1,200 baht return, so making for a total of around 8,000 baht. (Plus the added time & effort)

Given all of the above, I'd say DragonAir is a good addition to our options.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Perhaps some substantial discounts are available if one books through an agency. Booking via the Dragonair website reveals an all-in return fare of 39,820 baht. No thanks!

You're doing it wrong

I must have caught Dragonair at a moment when they were performing maintenance on the bargain fares. I just went back and tried my earlier searches and the fares are now as you quote. When I searched earlier, their booking engine was quoting only full 'Y' fares.

Still cheaper to fly from CNX to Macau with AA and get the Hydrofoil to Hong Kong. Delivers you to the right part of Hong Kong Island too.

True; I guess you need to figure in the airport express rail link to get into town which isn't cheap either. How close is the ferry in Macau from the airport? Is that an easy connection?

Still cheaper to fly from CNX to Macau with AA and get the Hydrofoil to Hong Kong. Delivers you to the right part of Hong Kong Island too.

True; I guess you need to figure in the airport express rail link to get into town which isn't cheap either. How close is the ferry in Macau from the airport? Is that an easy connection?

Depends where you're staying Winnie but nowhere on the Islands of Macau is more than 20 min's away from the Airport. We were in the center of Taipa and that's 5 minutes in a cab or 10 on the bus.

There are two ferry terminals and both are within 10 minutes of the Airport.

Edited by trainman34014