Happens Everyday!

MrZM

Your 3 weeks holiday coming to an end? I guess this is the very same lady, that you 3 days into your holiday was asking about how to get to the UK on a settlement visa. Do the right thing: Pay your 1M sinsod, yes I know that you normally only do that, when getting married. But that particular village, where your partner is from (near the Cambodian border), has a different tradition. Even if she has been married twice before and has 3 kids, customs of the village are that you pay the sin sod before marriage. One born every minute!blink.png

It's not a "trap". It's a clash of cultures, which many times turns ugly.

Many times, neither the Westerner or Thai has any idea of what they're getting themselves into, but does have their expectations, hopes, dreams, etc. That usually changes sometime down the road, and whether or not it gets ugly is up to the couple involved. Alot of times, I think neither party can deal with the cultural differences, end up with nothing to lose, and that's when all hell breaks lose.

This reply is probably the most sensible I've ever read.

Your 3 weeks holiday coming to an end? I guess this is the very same lady, that you 3 days into your holiday was asking about how to get to the UK on a settlement visa. Do the right thing: Pay your 1M sinsod, yes I know that you normally only do that, when getting married. But that particular village, where your partner is from (near the Cambodian border), has a different tradition. Even if she has been married twice before and has 3 kids, customs of the village are that you pay the sin sod before marriage. One born every minute!blink.png

Was this aimed at me?

I have been with my wife 4 1/2 years. We have a 2 year old son and are very happy!

Also been living in Thailand on and off 7 years.

Anyway enough of the life story, I guess the quote above was yours.

the trap again,

i think he means were the stupid westener gives all his money to someone they met last week,

what makes me laugh is that they wouldnt dream of doing this in there home land, but they come here give it all away then start crying on here saying some thai lady has taken him for a ride, its about time some of these people i was going to say men, but more like children,

take a long long look in the miror and say what a <deleted>,,,,g FOOL IVE BEEN,,

not the beautiful thai lady

jake, still very happy on his farm with his beautiful thai wife after many years and 2 children and another on the way

I agree.

In a way it's like a mouse trap! The cheese is placed on the trap, waiting for the mouse to creep up and ....

It happens with a lot of westerners, but even though they have read and heard the stories they never believe it would happen to them!

Was this aimed at me?

I have been with my wife 4 1/2 years. We have a 2 year old son and are very happy!

Also been living in Thailand on and off 7 years.

Anyway enough of the life story, I guess the quote above was yours.

Your wasting your time replying to people with no intelligence. They cant even comprehend a basic question with out coming to their own deluded conclusions.

"Why do so many westerners fall for the thai lady trap?"

Because if they are young, hot and lie convincingly, it is not easy to resist.

Inilah-10-Aktris-Korea-Terseksi-1-199x300.jpg

The average lady in the Thai lady trap doesn't look much like that. They do lie convincingly though.

"Why do so many westerners fall for the thai lady trap?"

Because if they are young, hot and lie convincingly, it is not easy to resist.

Inilah-10-Aktris-Korea-Terseksi-1-199x300.jpg

Hey, that's my girlfriend where you got the photo...sad.png

I compare it to the yokel from the country arriving in the big city for the first time and.... someone sells him the Brooklyn Bridge.

Edited by giddyup

I compare it to the yokel from the country arriving in the big city for the first time and.... someone sells him the Brooklyn Bridge.

LOL, or like the one that bought London Bridge thinking it was Tower Bridge.

You know, that trap under the bridge!! I will bet this runs to four pages.....................

Not more than 3 pages and it is closed....My guess it will be closed at page 2.

It's not a "trap". It's a clash of cultures, which many times turns ugly.

Many times, neither the Westerner or Thai has any idea of what they're getting themselves into, but does have their expectations, hopes, dreams, etc. That usually changes sometime down the road, and whether or not it gets ugly is up to the couple involved. Alot of times, I think neither party can deal with the cultural differences, end up with nothing to lose, and that's when all hell breaks lose.

This reply is probably the most sensible I've ever read.

Totally agree with this!!!

the way i see it if you cant tell there lieing your a bloody fool,

you meet the lady, now whatever she tells you, you DONT have to give her money,, get it DONT,

go out and meet someone who isnt going to ask you for money, even if you do meet a bar girl as they get called here, they are girls who are suporting there family, and god forbit if i ever had to do what they have to do, there is some very nice girls that have to sell there body,

most people on here think they are all bad, yes there might be some, but i found when i did the pattaya thing that there was some very nice girls who like i say are just feeding there family,

when i go back to england i have disagreements with people who say there just bar girls, i tell them would you let some old fat bloke f,,k you so you were able to feed your kids and perents,

i just wish some people would look outside the box and get of there high horse,

if someone wants to come to thailand and give a stranger all his money then thats up to him, just dont come on here crying and saying all thai ladys are bad bast,,ds, they arnt,

thats my rant, im just sick to death of it all now, dont go to pattaya, have a look at real thailand, but no they want to go for sex,, just dont be crying when you loose the lot,,

jake, unhappy that ive got to stay in scotland for another 2 months working,,lol. while my wife and her mum take care of our farm, and no im not scared that im going to get ripped off, my beautiful wife keeps great books, and i didnt even ask her too, but thats what shes got a degree in accounts,

jake

thats my rant, im just sick to death of it all now, dont go to pattaya, have a look at real thailand, but no they want to go for sex,, just dont be crying when you loose the lot,,

One can go to Pattaya for sex and not fall in love with the hookers and have a pretty good time. There are times when being a romantic just does not pay.

Edited by Ulysses G.

the way i see it if you cant tell there lieing your a bloody fool,

you meet the lady, now whatever she tells you, you DONT have to give her money,, get it DONT,

go out and meet someone who isnt going to ask you for money, even if you do meet a bar girl as they get called here, they are girls who are suporting there family, and god forbit if i ever had to do what they have to do, there is some very nice girls that have to sell there body,

most people on here think they are all bad, yes there might be some, but i found when i did the pattaya thing that there was some very nice girls who like i say are just feeding there family,

when i go back to england i have disagreements with people who say there just bar girls, i tell them would you let some old fat bloke f,,k you so you were able to feed your kids and perents,

i just wish some people would look outside the box and get of there high horse,

if someone wants to come to thailand and give a stranger all his money then thats up to him, just dont come on here crying and saying all thai ladys are bad bast,,ds, they arnt,

jake, unhappy that ive got to stay in scotland for another 2 months working,,lol. while my wife and her mum take care of our farm, and no im not scared that im going to get ripped off, my beautiful wife keeps great books, and i didnt even ask her too, but thats what shes got a degree in accounts,

jake

What's wrong with you today?

Explain to me again why westerners have to take care the family as well as your wife?

You don't buy a wife's family in your home country!

i think youve read my post wrong, i dont take care of my wifes family, well ill say it another way, my wifes mum helps my wife with the pigs and we pay her 10% of what we take a month, so really the mother in law is working for my wife, so you could say we are helping the family, but she is helping herself, and by the way her and my wife doa great job while im not there to keep things going,

everyone is differant, and theres nothing wrong with me today, im at work to be honest, im on nights on a power station in scotland, just sat in the office building for my future,

take care all,

and remember dont fall into thwe trap

no traps really, thai's are terrible liars, a blind man could see there lies like a flashing neon sighn.

i'm not saying they all lie, just saying they are very bad at it.

me and my wife have an 8 year old and and 8 day old child, we rarely fight, 5 minute tiffs, respect each others culture in the home and don't interfere.

I know same very honest thai, but not many, just use common sense.

• Like 1

i think youve read my post wrong, i dont take care of my wifes family, well ill say it another way, my wifes mum helps my wife with the pigs and we pay her 10% of what we take a month, so really the mother in law is working for my wife, so you could say we are helping the family, but she is helping herself, and by the way her and my wife doa great job while im not there to keep things going,

everyone is differant, and theres nothing wrong with me today, im at work to be honest, im on nights on a power station in scotland, just sat in the office building for my future,

take care all,

and remember dont fall into thwe trap

looks like thisfamily and you are working in harmony, you all benefit, good relationship.

im not trying to be clever on this subject, im not clever enough for that, i just cant get my head round why someone would give all there money to someone they dont really no,???

if you met someone in england, you wouldnt dream of doing that, so what changes when they come here?

thats the bit i dont understand, i thought i was pritty street wise, i contracted all my working life, and still do, im in scotald now,last year brazil and africa,

if a girl came up to me, as they have i might add when i did the pattaya thing, i could spot the liers a mile off,

so to put the record strait im not having a go, i just wouldnt come on here saying ide been robbed, or fell into a trap,

jake