Where To Buy Fish Weigh Sack And A Decent Quality Landing Net

kawapower

Roblok can tell you, he has one. Its in one of his posts(weigh sling, like a stretcher). I suspect you'll need to buy from abroad. Europe, Japan or USA. Ebay maybe if they will deliver to Thailand. A lot of credit card fraud makes it difficult.

Edited by jackinbkk

Roblok can tell you, he has one. Its in one of his posts(weigh sling, like a stretcher). I suspect you'll need to buy from abroad. Europe, Japan or USA. Ebay maybe if they will deliver to Thailand. A lot of credit card fraud makes it difficult.

No problem I have now made one, it seems almost impossible to buy anything related to fish care in this country, no shops here sell a landing net and it is difficult to have delivered from your home country, last week I saw people throwing fish high in to the air back into the water, dropping fish onto concrete and kicking the fish back into the lake etc, 6 young Thai's hooked a 60lb carp, we feared the worst for it's safety and run over to take over it's landing, all went well which is more than can be said for the other fish caught by this group!! It's sad to see so many abuse these magnificient creatures!!

I bought them in Holland and i boughtt he scales online. I did have them strenghtened a bit.

Normally when they catch carp they will treat them with respect as its the most expensive fish there is. There are a lot of Thais fishing real bad but not all of them.

I bought them in Holland and i boughtt he scales online. I did have them strenghtened a bit.

Normally when they catch carp they will treat them with respect as its the most expensive fish there is. There are a lot of Thais fishing real bad but not all of them.

I have now made a great weigh sling, not all Thai's treat fish badly I think it is the younger generation that are the culprits, when you see young lads swinging a fish around there head and launching it into the lake it is sad, there seems to Be no control at many lakes in this country, these fish must cost a lot of money so I find it difficult to understand why the owners do not supervise anglers more closley!! 4 days fishing at the end of the month and hopefully beat my biggest carp of 60lb!!

I have now made a great weigh sling, not all Thai's treat fish badly I think it is the younger generation that are the culprits, when you see young lads swinging a fish around there head and launching it into the lake it is sad, there seems to Be no control at many lakes in this country, these fish must cost a lot of money so I find it difficult to understand why the owners do not supervise anglers more closley!! 4 days fishing at the end of the month and hopefully beat my biggest carp of 60lb!!

I havent been fishing much recently. Too busy with work but i hope to go fishing again next month.

I am more at BSR at the moment because i go there by bike but want to go to shadow lake again too. But i had an accident with the car so no car at the moment.

No problem I have now made one, it seems almost impossible to buy anything related to fish care in this country, no shops here sell a landing net and it is difficult to have delivered from your home country, last week I saw people throwing fish high in to the air back into the water, dropping fish onto concrete and kicking the fish back into the lake etc, 6 young Thai's hooked a 60lb carp, we feared the worst for it's safety and run over to take over it's landing, all went well which is more than can be said for the other fish caught by this group!! It's sad to see so many abuse these magnificient creatures!!

Yes I think a lot of people are quite brutal on the fish. Like when they try to pull them in as fast as possible or lift them out of the water with just the line. In the UK I think things are the other extreme. Fish are quite tough and could handle being laid down on soft grass. In many places it's no matt no fishing though.

Well I hope your gear is up to weighing those monster fish. It would be interesting to see some accurate weights. I'm always seeing claims of 200lb and 220lb/100kg fish that look far fetched.

I havent been fishing much recently. Too busy with work but i hope to go fishing again next month.

I am more at BSR at the moment because i go there by bike but want to go to shadow lake again too. But i had an accident with the car so no car at the moment.

I hope the fishing has improved since I was there in April Robblok. I blanked once, had a single fish on one day and on the days I had lots of fish they were often quite small compared to the size of the fish pre-flooding. I'm sure there are still some very big fish but the numbers must be much lower now. I also think the carp suffered a lot more than the catfish from pollution washed into the lake. I was told some carp died. It is also probably instinctive for these fish to head upriver to breed when theres flooding and rain. A reason many of the fish would have swam into neighbouring flooded fields and streams, leaving the lake. BSR probably now offers far better fishing. If I was paying 400 baht to fish it I think I'd choose there.

Yes I think a lot of people are quite brutal on the fish. Like when they try to pull them in as fast as possible or lift them out of the water with just the line. In the UK I think things are the other extreme. Fish are quite tough and could handle being laid down on soft grass. In many places it's no matt no fishing though.

Well I hope your gear is up to weighing those monster fish. It would be interesting to see some accurate weights. I'm always seeing claims of 200lb and 220lb/100kg fish that look far fetched.

I care about fish welfare and make sure I have the correct gear to handle these big fish, my friend had Carp 120lb, 100lb, 68lb, 62lb, and I had my biggest of 60lb, all weighed correctly, this was all in 1 week, bigger fish have recently Been added, can't wait to my trip at the end of this month, Don't forget fish in photo's look a lot smaller, role on the 30th!!!!

I judge the size of the fish against the size of the anglers hands. Its easy to make a fish look very big by holding it nearer the camera. Thats a big trick in England holding the fish as far away from you as possible. bah.gif

It's impossible to judge the size of a fish by a persons hands!! I have huge hands!! It's also impossible to hold a large fish away from your body unless you are superman, I am not interested in fooling anyone as to the weight of a fish, I catch it, I weigh It, I have a photo taken!! If people choose to disbelieve the weight of a fish it's there problem!! Yes I understand there are those that want to fool people, I can see no point in that what so ever!!

I judge the size of the fish against the size of the anglers hands. Its easy to make a fish look very big by holding it nearer the camera. Thats a big trick in England holding the fish as far away from you as possible. bah.gif

It's impossible to judge the size of a fish by a persons hands!! I have huge hands!! It's also impossible to hold a large fish away from your body unless you are superman, I am not interested in fooling anyone as to the weight of a fish, I catch it, I weigh It, I have a photo taken!! If people choose to disbelieve the weight of a fish it's there problem!! Yes I understand there are those that want to fool people, I can see no point in that what so ever!!

It's all relative. If its a small person with giant hands its usually them holding the fish out very far. Also picture of the fish on the ground. They sit well back but out stretch their arms forward. Their hands will look abnormally large.

Edited by jackinbkk