Going To Start A Movement

TomTom55

Greetings Thai Visa. I have been holdng certain aspects of expat living behind cloed doors for too long. I am not using my pension living here with a 25 year old Thai women, I am in my mid 20s myself. I can speak Thai, I embrace the culture and I am a model citizen. Yet I have hangups, let me explain.

- In SE Asia Thailand is probably the most notorious country for not giving jobs to farang, but wait what is a 'farang'? Look in the dictionary and it is a French term for foreigner, but ask most Thais and it means you are white.

- I have been stopped numerous times for not wearing a helmet whilst riding a motorbike, yes not wise but I see Thais ride pass the Thai traffic police daily with no helmets and with 4-5 persons on one motor bike, do they pay a fine? No they do not. The police see the farang as Baht symbols rather than people.

- There has been an increase in farang robberies and stabbings/murders, why this is ask the government, but it is happening. I myself love to embrace the Thai population as a whole and live alongside them, but certain things have gone too far in my honst opinion.

- I love this country and the vast majority of people who live in it, but around SE Asia things are not the same as they are here with regards to 'farang'. I have an education in graphic design and I may start a movement with slogans, decent targeting skills and marching in the right places at the right times. Anybody who decides to join in the near future are welcome, remember I am not an old aged pensioner, I am someone trying to make something for myself in a beautiful place where walls and stop signs are put up!

Edited by TomTom55

Before I would consider getting into any involvements with you, first you must establish your credibility. For example, how long have you been staying in Thailand, how long do you intend to remain here and how do you support yourself in Thailand if only in your mid 20s?

Because over the last few years the police have had good reasons to scrutinise and keep tags on the activities of Westerners here.

• Like 1

I am not using my pension living here with a 25 year old Thai women, I am in my mid 20s myself.

Let's see, a mid-20's graphics artist trying to make a go of it in Thailand, looking down at his long farang nose at those who have worked their entire life to retire comfortably in the location of their choice, only to have to put up with an attitude like yours. Sounds like you need a healthy dose of humility before you start your "movement".

• Like 1