Big Trouble In Thailand

steve down under

My aged mother said to me 'i hope you are ok in that terrible place son' she saw some program on tv about Pattaya, ladyboys and beach parties.

I explained to her that if you made a series on the worst of the UK - South London, Centres of Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham etc a foreigner would have the same thoughts. I have a home in the far North of Thailand and have never felt threatened in any way.

I was also in Jakarta at the time of the riots - never seen or heard a thing. Too much attention to isolated issues

Edited by krobert6

Steve down under please stay down under ,you have no idea about thailand, should try watching east enders on bbc, its a load of <deleted> also, if you believe every thing you see on tv you are bloody crackers, live in thailand love thailand thats me.

• Like 1

Errm - No to watching the TV show.

Have you been to Thailand? Or basing your opinion on the media representation of that programme.

My family has been in Thailand for over 40 years, now with extended Thai family. Myself also. Some of us are acdemics. Others just dealing with family business. To be honest I, and my family, find your comments somewhat insulting.

Gladiator

No insult intended Gladiator and to answer your question yes I have been to thailand and while I will admit there is a lot of beauty in the country I am not feeling compelled to return after regularly reading various parts of this forum which seems to be full of a lot of Bad news whenit comes to safety for both foriegners and Thais plus all the ongoing scams that are perpetrated on unsuspecting tourists .

It's worthwhile to watch it. Here is a torrent:

http://thepiratebay....omplete-HeXpl0i

It says Finnish version, but it's in English.

Thanks George,

But my firewall and anti-virus software are giving me a number of alerts on the download programme and preventing from downloading this programme.

Shame beacsuse I would like to be more objective.

In the meantime my original comments still apply.

Gladiator

Have you been to Thailand? Or basing your opinion on the media representation of that programme.

My family has been in Thailand for over 40 years, now with extended Thai family. Myself also. Some of us are acdemics. Others just dealing with family business. To be honest I, and my family, find your comments somewhat insulting.

Gladiator

No insult intended Gladiator and to answer your question yes I have been to thailand and while I will admit there is a lot of beauty in the country I am not feeling compelled to return after regularly reading various parts of this forum which seems to be full of a lot of Bad news whenit comes to safety for both foriegners and Thais plus all the ongoing scams that are perpetrated on unsuspecting tourists .

Just dont go to Pattaya or Phuket. Both places not really representative of Thailand in general. All places have good and bad. For me the bad is the thai driving. The good is most everything else.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Steve down under please stay down under ,you have no idea about thailand, should try watching east enders on bbc, its a load of <deleted> also, if you believe every thing you see on tv you are bloody crackers, live in thailand love thailand thats me.

I comletely agree that eastenders is a load of old <deleted> or was the last time i watched it 7 yrs ago before moving down under and no i dont believe everything I see on TV but like eastenders it can't all be <deleted> !

I saw that tv series.. what a chunk of SH!T.

makes me want to smash the tv.

I suppose you watch a 'a current affair' and 'today tonight' and believe the stories about truck drivers taking drugs. Dole bludgers spending tax payers money..etc

And those terrible muslim boat people coming to australia to make bombs and turn everyone else islamic

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect App

Gladiator

Steve,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

For whatever reason I cannot seem to gain access to download the software and view this programme.

Thailand is my home, and perhaps naturally I am very defensive. I am not a 'new kid on the block' and have lived in many provinces before making Chiang Mai my home. No where and no one if perfect - least of all Thailand... but ultimately it is all relative, and we all follow our on star.

But as mentioned by other posters - if you believe everything that you read in newspapers and what you watch on TV.... it may lead to a few surpises.

Thailand has its 'watrs' but it is still a wonderful place to live. At least for me and I suppose many of thound others

Gladiator

• Like 1

My aged mother said to me 'i hope you are ok in that terrible place son' she saw some program on tv about Pattaya, ladyboys and beach parties.

I explained to her that if you made a series on the worst of the UK - South London, Centres of Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham etc a foreigner would have the same thoughts. I have a home in the far North of Thailand and have never felt threatened in any way.

I was also in Jakarta at the time of the riots - never seen or heard a thing. Too much attention to isolated issues

I was in Vietnam in 1968 and 1969 the two worst years of the war. I liked the place. Saigon had good French food and Vung Tau had nice beaches. The girls were pretty. Beer and cigarettes were free.

steve down under

Have you never been in a debate team and given a subject to argue "for" even though in your own mind you believe "against"?

The same goes with the media.........take any place or subject in the world and give two media teams to do positive and negative stories on the same topic.........the winning team is the one that convinces you of their view.

Don't believe everything you see on television or the sensational posters here on TV.

OK you say you've been to Thailand before, you haven't told us where.......I assure you I have been more uncomfortable in certain parts of Sydney than I have felt over here.

Programs can be viewed on youtube ! just search Big trouble in Thailand

Okay. I have had the chance to view and I will try to stay objective.

This programme concentrates on sleze. I am sure that I could go to the UK, Australia Europe, Canada. Japan, wherever and make a simlilar programme.

There are many hundreds of thousand of expats here and a population of, lets say. 65 million, who go about there day to day lives with none of this dross.

Sorry Steve.

Not convinced.

• Like 1

Just wondering if anyone has seen the TV series big trouble in Thailand ? After watching a couple of episodes on TV here in Aus I am utterly astounded as to why anyone would still want to go there for a holiday or even to want to move there on apemanent basis .

Very good if it helps decrease tourists, less tourists = lower prices and more room at whatever venue you into. clap2.gif

Disclaimer: There is nothing wrong with tourists, and I'm not one of these foreigners who run at the sight of another foreigner, but hey, compare Thailand during low season and high season and you'll know what I mean.

Yes - watched it in Australia (now live in Thailand), believe it was also shown on UK TV. As I recall, primarily filming a bunch of losers at play in Thailand...

Don't know why anyone would use the content to make a decision on whether or not to visit Thailand

Edited by simple1