Big Trouble In Thailand

steve down under

I am utterly astounded as to why anyone would still want to go there for a holiday

Ever heard of cheap (ish) young (ish) ladies? rolleyes.gif

Ever heard of cheap (ish) young (ish) lad(ie)s?

I am utterly astounded as to why anyone would still want to go there for a holiday

Ever heard of cheap (ish) young (ish) ladies? rolleyes.gif

Ever heard of cheap (ish) young (ish) lad(ie)s?

Yes, but sometimes they (the tourists) realise their mistake too late.

I'm astounded that anyone would base their opinion of a country on a sensationalist TV program and think a few incidents on the program affect everyone in Thailand.

Hows life under your bridge ?

I based my life on Eastenders; sorted it out when I moved to Thailand................thumbsup.gif

Just in case any of you haven't seen Big Trouble in Thailand, it is centred on the police volunteers in Pattaya & Phuket but has different interviews and covered incidents thrown in as well. I think the first episode was about the jet-ski scammers on Phuket trying to rip off some Royal Marines.

Most of the interviews are about toerags that are banged up, or people waiting to be processed for drug use and other crimes; all of them (in my mind anyway) guilty as sin and the programme tries to get sympathy for them. Usual BS. It is worth watching and laughing at if you know Thailand, but I certainly wouldn't use it as a base for travel plans as the OP has seemed to have done.

Just wondering if anyone has seen any of the “reality” shows airing in the US? If those people really exist, I’m glad I live in Thailand.

Oh yeah, those people exist, They are called Americanswhistling.gif

Ouch!

What you don't think we watch the Jeremy Kyle show and know all about the typical Brit.

Just wondering if anyone has seen any of the “reality” shows airing in the US? If those people really exist, I’m glad I live in Thailand.

Oh yeah, those people exist, They are called Americanswhistling.gif

Ouch!

What you don't think we watch the Jeremy Kyle show and know all about the typical Brit.

Is it a prerequisite to be fat and ugly and have bad teeth to appear on that show? T

It's worthwhile to watch it. Here is a torrent:

http://thepiratebay....omplete-HeXpl0i

It says Finnish version, but it's in English.

Thanks George,

But my firewall and anti-virus software are giving me a number of alerts on the download programme and preventing from downloading this programme.

Shame beacsuse I would like to be more objective.

In the meantime my original comments still apply.

Gladiator

Its all on youtube.

You know my Auntie in Oz saw this the other week and it put her off visiting Thailand. In fact she is concerned for my wellbeing after seeing it.

I never visit any of the areas mentioned in the programme....nor do I indulge in the stupidity some of those featured have chosen to involve themselves with.

A very one sided view for sensationalism....quite sad what it does for Thailand's image abroad.

• 2 months later...

Just caught up with the torrent of this programm from TVChaos.

It paints a biased picture of LOS, concentrating on drunked/drugged idiots

getting into trouble, generally of their own making

The description on TVC talks about The Formidable Thai Police.

What a joke!!

The guy Howard in Pattaya, plays the big lad, but cannot even understand

basic Thai when he is told that a tourist urinated on a baht bus............

The makers did not research very well.

They cannot even pronounce the place names properly

where is Fooket??

I've lived in Thailand for over two decades and prefer it to anywhere else that I've ever been. Plenty of bad things happen pretty much everywhere, but if you follow the law and mind your own business you are probably going to be OK.

Words of wisdom for living almost anywhere.