Ilr Waiting Time - Uk

Dear Members

Sent my wifes ILR application off on 15th May, the payment was taken 23rd May but not heard a thing re Biometrics as yet. My wife had her biometrics taken 2 years ago for the last visa (now expired card sent in with ILR application).

I wondered if any other members were waiting as we are or have had a response within a quicker time frame.

Not quite starting to worry as yet but with absolutly no info available of UK Border's web site at all, or any one to contact. It would be of some comfort to know if any fellow members were experiencing the same waiting game issue.

Cheers

Yorkie

Expect a wait just short of six months if done by post. Do not expect any communication at all from them other than confirmation of money taken then a letter for you to take to have biometrics done at a selected post office!

The system is in crisis but they will get round to it in the end!

Actually having checked some other SET(M) applications it seems to be 12-14 weeks so perhaps not quite such a long wait as before!

Edited by bobrussell

Hi,

My wife sent hers (ILR) in on 14th May, the money taken a few days later and just like you, waiting now!! I dont think bometrics will be taken again as they did this in Bangkok with the settlement visa and every time we come back into the UK they always scan her finger prints so they have them already.

Upto 3 months is the timescale given, I will post on here when I get it back.

Andy

Edited by andyandythai

It was also confirmed to me over the phone that biometrics need to be taken again with each new application. Maybe the olympics has slowed things down somewhat. I read somewhere that one single caseworker had up to 8000 applications on his/her desk. If there is any truth in this god knows when we will hear.

Will also post if we get something through.

Yorkie

Hi All,

An update on my situation, the wife got a letter today requesting to go do the biometrics but not for my stepson..We sent them both in the same envelope!! Also we did a change of address online 1 month ago and guess what?? It went to the old address!!! I have redirection but my stepson has a different surname so his wont get redirected as I imagined they would process everything together as thats what they told me when I rang. I even had an email checking the details so I know they got the request. Looks like I may need to make a phone call tomorrow.

Andy

By way of an update our biometric can today . Dated 11July only allowing us till Tuesday to have them recorded. You would think the best part of 1000 would get you more than second class post.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Exactly...And you have to pay 20 quid at the Post Office.....I have had my wifes letter but not my step sons, they told us to send them together so they can be processed together, but they have not done that as he is 18 they have put his on another pile to be worked and has not been worked yet...and they cant change our address until its processed..so I am having to go to my old house every few days to check as you have said you dont have long to get to the Post Office and do the Biometrics.....They also told me when I called it can take up to 6 months to complete at the moment...

Let me know how you get on..

Andy