Search Service For Isuzu Trucks? The Color I Need Is Not At The Local Dealers

992,000 was what I was quoted today for an Isuzu 4x4 - sadly they did not have the black color in stock that we wanted.

We are in Chiang Mai is there some sort of search service that dealers can do for a fee and then arrange transportation to Chiang Mai?

Black can't be so rare can it? I was thinking maybe it would be available in Bangkok.

If need be a friend can drive it up here.

A side question is if options packages push a price above 1 million can you still get the government rebate?

'sadly they did not have the black color in stock that we wanted'

Where have you been? ... there is at least one other thread running on V-Cross delivery dates and info on the rebate.

Edited by JAS21

Where have you been? ... there is at least one other thread running on V-Cross delivery dates and info on the rebate.

JAS21,

I read the thread about the man in Chonburi who was angry and it did not answer my question also I think you may have misread my question as I did not ask about delivery dates, I asked about a search service for cars already made and available today.

As for the rebate others seemed to say below 1,000,000 was the magic number but with no mention of what options do. As an example can I buy the truck under 1,000,000 and then the next day as a seperate transaction by teh options?

Does not qualify for 100,000 baht rebate, also not for foreigners, only Thai owners

Simple1,

My wife will be the owner and she is Thai so that is not a problem.

Why would we not qualify others seem to think we would - so I am trying to go deeper into the issue.

Note we have spoken to dealers who give different stories.

JAS21,

I read the thread about the man in Chonburi who was angry and it did not answer my question also I think you may have misread my question as I did not ask about delivery dates, I asked about a search service for cars already made and available today.

As for the rebate others seemed to say below 1,000,000 was the magic number but with no mention of what options do. As an example can I buy the truck under 1,000,000 and then the next day as a seperate transaction by teh options?

Yes, buy the options separately and they are not included in the 1 mio price so would not influence the rebate.

Does not qualify for 100,000 baht rebate, also not for foreigners, only Thai owners

Simple1,

Why would we not qualify others seem to think we would - so I am trying to go deeper into the issue.

Article quoted in part from the Nation as follows:

Eligible vehicles include passenger cars with an engine capacity of no more than 1,500cc (including eco-cars) and pickups (including double-cab pickups) priced at not more than Bt1 million. Previously, the scheme covered only eco-cars and pickups.

The vehicles must be locally assembled - excluding those that are assembled from used imported parts - and the minimum age for buyers is 21.

To prevent profiteering, the vehicle has to remain in the possession of the first buyer for five years.

After the first year, the Excise Department or its local office will cross-check with the Land Transport Department or its provincial office, inspect the first-car ownership status and inform about the buyer's waiver of ownership-transfer rights for five years. The details will be inspected and recorded in the Land Transport Department's computer system and in the registration booklet.

The first-car buyer booklet and the copy of the registration with its five-year waiver of ownership-transfer rights will then be sent to the Excise Department or its local office, which will pay the rebate via bank cheques starting from October 1 next year.

There is a thread on TV on this topic

First off JAS21 is my new friend - thank you sir for your thoughful email.

Next, Simple1, now I get it the 1.5 limitation is only for passenger cars not pickup trucks - this is good news - thank you.

Stevenl, are you an accountant? I like the way you think. It shoudl not be too hard to have seperate invoices. Maybe teh car in my wife's name and for good measure the option packages in my name.

Freemindxs, I think we are OK on car ownership our current car actually is a loaner from my father-in-law until we get what we want. i assume cars owned in America in the past do not count....

An interesting update to the story is that my wife looked at the Mexican silver truck today and a white MU7 at the Iszu dealership. Now we have a two car race...

Although there is something fun about having a truck and if it floods again then the 4 wheel drive could be very useful and we are thinking about buying a country property with a dirt driveway.

Simple1,

It must be her first car. If she has owned a car previously she can not get the 100,000 Bt paid back.

Simple1,

It must be her first car. If she has owned a car previously she can not get the 100,000 Bt paid back.

Let's face it when this scheme starts paying out. Good luck to any one that gets the money. I also wonder if you will need to factor it into your yearly tax return as money earned or something similar. :D:ph34r::P

sent from my Wellcom A90+