Problem With Neighbor

expat63

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WRONG. I understand you're a leuk krung and all that? And you seem like a nice guy, but seriously, anyone of any nationality deserves a little consideration, if not respect. Yes, even here.

I had a similar situation many years ago and my Thai partner was more pissed off than even I, humble farang though I am. Grovel.

Upshot was, neighbour moved.

I do wish people would stop bending over here.

Well, when I was younger I thought like that. And I have gotten into it with my neighbors in the past...and I have generally regretted it.

It's not about a "Thai cultural thing" and it's not about showing who is boss. It's about being able to go to your own home and be peaceful. Like not worrying what the neighbor is going to do in retalation to what you did, or having uncomfortable moments being in the presence of someone you are at odds with. If it's your neighbors, you see them alot. That's a fact. Try to work it out peaceably.

Maybe your neighbor will move. Maybe the neighbor will wait with a baseball bat in a dark alley for you to come home. Thais can be a wee bit unpredictable in that regards. In any event, even not in Thailand, I try and resolve things with my neighbors whenever possible.

And P.S. I am not a nice guy. I clearly have "Jerk" under my membership to advise those around me that, yes,I am a jerk (except when dealing with my neighbors because I have to live with them.)

Again, you are making assumptions (as I seem to have, given your 'PS').

I am no 'roid head and conduct myself in a peaceful and respectful manner, which is returned. I have, (no, please trust me on this), absolutely no reason to fear any of my neighbours. And despite the constant 'they'll be out to get at you with a baseball bat/broken bottle/AK47/lao kao'd up mates, have yet to view a post on this very popular expat forum from someone stating that they have. If I am in error, missed one, please do let me have the link.

In the meantime, enough with the 'show 'em who's boss' routine and after er, having a word, conduct yourself in a mindful manner. Neither vengeful nor subservient. Bearing is the key. Same as with irritable/ing dogs. It works. Promise smile.png

its 6am the dog wants a piss,the kids opposit are waiting for the mini bus to pick them up,the monks are doing their morning rounds,the coucals are having a ball,the soi dogs are all shouting,oh somebody up the comunity center just switched on and your moaning about a bit of music have you heard of ear muffs.

you need a realality check,6/7am is not early,you will do well to leave it or you might end up having more on you plate than some early morning music,ask him if he has any val doonican songs,you should have learnt by know dont mess with the thai's,we are in their country.t.i.t.

Absolutely agree.

Down my way most of the locals go to bed around 8.00pm and wake up at 6.00am. According to them, everyone does the same and making some noise in the early morning should be no problem. So get used to it.

Plus like too many here, I would guess that the OP is a shadow owner of the property (his money, wife`s name) which means under the law he has no rights over the home or the neighbors.

Best to leave it alone, because if his dispute with the neighbor escalates, the last thing the OP needs is the police making inquiries about him and better to keep a low profile.

Couple of absolutely rubbish posts these.

Dealing with this same thing now. Here is what to do.

1. You stay out of any direct involvement with the guy from here out. You have expressed your position and he has said piss on that. I would not have recommended you talk to him directly in the first place.

2. You can talk to his landlord first, (or even better, for those reading this that rent, talk to your own landlord) Talk directly to your landlord unless you have a Thai spouse that isn't going to put the "Mai pen rai" watered down spin on the message that most Thai's will do.

3. Lastly, you find out who the neighborhood captain is. Every residential neighborhood in Thailand has a community leader and resolving disputes such as these without the involvement of the police is one of their jobs. You may need to tip them. This is your best chance at a positive resolution.

4. If all the above does not work, and it is that important to you will need to make a report to the police. Though like everything else it's not often enforced, there is a law in Thailand that states people cannot be so load as to be disruptive to others any time of day. And like everything else in Thailand, you may need to tip the cops to see any action on it.

• Like 1

its 6am the dog wants a piss,the kids opposit are waiting for the mini bus to pick them up,the monks are doing their morning rounds,the coucals are having a ball,the soi dogs are all shouting,oh somebody up the comunity center just switched on and your moaning about a bit of music have you heard of ear muffs.

thumbsup.gif Good answer.

Edit: I forgot. The monks here are first sai bat at 8 am so they dont disturb the neighborhood biggrin.png

Edited by expat63

ear muffs don't block out the vibrations of the kind of music he was listening too.

Plus like too many here, I would guess that the OP is a shadow owner of the property (his money, wife`s name) which means under the law he has no rights over the home or the neighbors.

Wrong. My wife earn enough to pay for her self. Actually she bought it, but I paid out half of it. She still own the land, but i own 2/3 of the house. Contract settle by a lawyer.

Not every Thai girl grow up in Isaan you know

Are you insulting my Isaan wife ? sad.png

Wrong. My wife earn enough to pay for her self. Actually she bought it, but I paid out half of it. She still own the land, but i own 2/3 of the house. Contract settle by a lawyer.

Are you insulting my Isaan wife ? sad.png

I think you understand what i ment

And not every Isaan female is a conniving ex-hooker without a pot to piss in you dolt.

Where do I mention ex-hookers

Well if I'm in error ( for which I humbly apologise) you can remove my comment about ex-hooker and then kindly explain the exact meaning of your comment about Isaan women.

And not every Isaan female is a conniving ex-hooker without a pot to piss in you dolt.

Well if I'm in error ( for which I humbly apologise) you can remove my comment about ex-hooker and then kindly explain the exact meaning of your comment about Isaan women.

My answer was based on that everybody think that all Thai ladies are poor and need a farang to take care of them.

As the boy is related to the owner of the building (and is seemingly quite immature) any attempt to change his behaviour may backfire.

If it is only 1 hour per day, I think the most practical solution would be to go for a walk / jog / swim / bicycle ride at that time each day.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

My answer was based on that everybody think that all Thai ladies are poor and need a farang to take care of them.

What on earth is the connection to noise pollution? Why not open a seperate thread on the issue if it is important?

Edited by Morakot

Utter <deleted>. That isn't what you put. You specifically mentioned Isaan women. Come on. Either be a man and apologize for your offensive gross generalization or stand by what you said which reads as if your wife didn't grow up in Isaan because Isaan women aren't to be trusted and are piss poor.

Now you can say that isn't what you meant but then you'd be telling porkies wouldn't you.

Mods please let this stand. I'd like to hear expat63's answer. He was big enough to make the post. I'd like to see if he's big enough to follow it through.

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

I stayed in a building that sounds similar to the one the op explains. The walls are practically useless for stopping noise.

One morning when myself and my girlfriend where leaving the building our neighbour asked why we were moving furniture at 4 am. We both looked at each other puzzled and our neighbour said it sounded like a table being moved over tiles.

We forgot about until lunch time when my girlfriend started laughing. She reminded me that at 4am I went for a pee and did a very very long very loud squeaky fart.

Oh how we laughed :)

I stayed in a building that sounds similar to the one the op explains. The walls are practically useless for stopping noise.

One morning when myself and my girlfriend where leaving the building our neighbour asked why we were moving furniture at 4 am. We both looked at each other puzzled and our neighbour said it sounded like a table being moved over tiles.

We forgot about until lunch time when my girlfriend started laughing. She reminded me that at 4am I went for a pee and did a very very long very loud squeaky fart.

Oh how we laughed smile.png

Guinness book of records for you eh, fame at last. whistling.gif
  • Like 1

You can blast right back at him with some Mozart and see how he likes it then. rolleyes.gif

Exactly. my next door neighbour directly behind me put on very loud music at 5:30 in the morning. wife didnt want to say anything. I moved my speakers to the back of the house and when he fired his up< I did like wise.

Queens greatest hits at full blast. Only had to do it once and he stopped.

Dont listen to the apologists on here telling you it is reasonable to have loud music, it isnt, its rude and inconsiderate.

I dont give a shit if its HIS country. I have a valid visa, pay taxes and contribute something to the community, so I DO have a say.

WPFflags.gif

• Like 2

If wife leaves anyhow at 6, what is the problem if he plays music from 6-7?

Read one more time. My wife never had a problem with this, but I have.

what is your problem, you are waken up already.

You can blast right back at him with some Mozart and see how he likes it then. rolleyes.gif

Exactly. my next door neighbour directly behind me put on very loud music at 5:30 in the morning. wife didnt want to say anything. I moved my speakers to the back of the house and when he fired his up< I did like wise.

Dont listen to the apologists on here telling you it is reasonable to have loud music, it isnt, its rude and inconsiderate.

I dont give a shit if its HIS country. I have a valid visa, pay taxes and contribute something to the community, so I DO have a say.

WPFflags.gif

Well if I would be your neighbor I would complain if you don't play Queen the next morning again....I like them....

I would recommend: Nina Hagen, Leningrad cowboys or Sex Pistols. Of course some good Italian Opera would also scare the typical Thai.

WPFflags.gif

Well if I would be your neighbor I would complain if you don't play Queen the next morning again....I like them....

I would recommend: Nina Hagen, Leningrad cowboys or Sex Pistols. Of course some good Italian Opera would also scare the typical Thai.

Sex Pistols. biggrin.png good times........... good times.

Andrea Boccelli.............. sweet, sweet music. thumbsup.gif

What about getting one of those vendors who ride around with sound trucks advertising their rambutans or whatever to make you a recording in Thai to the effect of "Turn off that noise; it's too early; show some consideration to your neighbors." Etc. Start playing it loudly and repeatedly, in a loop, when your neighbor starts up.

Also you can make requests thru a bullhorn. Still being polite, of course, just using commensurate volume. I almost bought one of those to use on one of my idiot farang neighbors but then the old fart up and died before I finally did. Sure has been quiet since then!

• Like 1

you need a realality check,6/7am is not early,you will do well to leave it or you might end up having more on you plate than some early morning music,ask him if he has any val doonican songs,you should have learnt by know dont mess with the thai's,we are in their country.t.i.t.

Absolutely agree.

Down my way most of the locals go to bed around 8.00pm and wake up at 6.00am. According to them, everyone does the same and making some noise in the early morning should be no problem. So get used to it.

Best to leave it alone, because if his dispute with the neighbor escalates, the last thing the OP needs is the police making inquiries about him and better to keep a low profile.

Couple of absolutely rubbish posts these.

Dealing with this same thing now. Here is what to do.

1. You stay out of any direct involvement with the guy from here out. You have expressed your position and he has said piss on that. I would not have recommended you talk to him directly in the first place.

2. You can talk to his landlord first, (or even better, for those reading this that rent, talk to your own landlord) Talk directly to your landlord unless you have a Thai spouse that isn't going to put the "Mai pen rai" watered down spin on the message that most Thai's will do.

3. Lastly, you find out who the neighborhood captain is. Every residential neighborhood in Thailand has a community leader and resolving disputes such as these without the involvement of the police is one of their jobs. You may need to tip them. This is your best chance at a positive resolution.

4. If all the above does not work, and it is that important to you will need to make a report to the police. Though like everything else it's not often enforced, there is a law in Thailand that states people cannot be so load as to be disruptive to others any time of day. And like everything else in Thailand, you may need to tip the cops to see any action on it.

what planet do you live on.t.i.t.