Problem With Neighbor

expat63

"why dont you <deleted> off back to your own country" is pretty much what rednecks and other lo-so types say the world over when confronted about their bad behaviour. Thailand is no different.

Exactly, you adapt to the way of life or move from where you are. You think these Thai guys give a toss, I know I wouldn't if was Thai.

Thais have got it made ( In Thailand) Farangs seem to be shit scared of them and will bow a scrape to avoid confrontation, many Farangs think ALL Thai guys are stone dead Killers just looking for an excuse to explode with extreme violence. LOL.

Thai guys know this, and at certain times exploit it.

Most Thai guys have a few mates that can back them up and help them retaliate if they lose face or lose a fight...they know that most farangs are solo travellers or at most have 1 mate as back up....that's why they think they are a bit handy.

They will also believe that the law will be on their side as they thai...you farang!

Most Thais outside tourist traps are as disgusted by Thais ganging up on innocent and vulnerable foreigners as anyone else, not least because of face issues. It's not Thais thinking that the law will be on their side so much as thinking that the farang wouldn't have a clue about how to summon the weight of the law, which is mostly true in a partially self-perpetuating cycle of hysteria and ignorance.

The heavily mafia'd (uniformed and otherwise) tourist ghettoes / traps are a different story though . . .

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopfully he understand that we are not alone and maybe be careful in the future. My wifes staf support her 100% in everything

Like getting into a potentially deadly confrontation with another group of Thais because they play music....you're a dreamer mate.

When there such people, I start to understand that some Thais hate Farangs....Play the music too loud and the Farangs want to beat you up.....

Can you please read the tread before you make such a stupid comments.

This is what you wrote:

"This morning same shit. I am agree with my wife that we invite 10-15 people from her staf this weekend for some serious Lao drinking. Then we going to have a proper talk with the owner. Make it very clear that this can not continue......

Hopfully he understand that we are not alone and maybe be careful in the future. My wifes staf support her 100% in everything"

very disgusting. And in most countries a threat that would go to court.

Having the structure professionally valued and then claiming his entitlement to two-thirds of that sum in the event that the property is sold in a divorce sounds like a much better idea.

Its just what we did.

@Banzai99. I really dont know what I have done to you. Maybe you sholud take a break from TV. Go out little and get some fresh air

Your probably right ! smile.png

You can blast right back at him with some Mozart and see how he likes it then. rolleyes.gif

Exactly. my next door neighbour directly behind me put on very loud music at 5:30 in the morning. wife didnt want to say anything. I moved my speakers to the back of the house and when he fired his up< I did like wise.

Queens greatest hits at full blast. Only had to do it once and he stopped.

Dont listen to the apologists on here telling you it is reasonable to have loud music, it isnt, its rude and inconsiderate.

I dont give a shit if its HIS country. I have a valid visa, pay taxes and contribute something to the community, so I DO have a say.

WPFflags.gif

Well if I would be your neighbor I would complain if you don't play Queen the next morning again....I like them....

I would recommend: Nina Hagen, Leningrad cowboys or Sex Pistols. Of course some good Italian Opera would also scare the typical Thai.

I love Nina Hagen. thumbsup.gif

Plus like too many here, I would guess that the OP is a shadow owner of the property (his money, wife`s name) which means under the law he has no rights over the home or the neighbors.

Wrong. My wife earn enought to pay for her self. Actually she bought it, but I paid out half of it. She still ovn the land, but i own 2/3 of the house. Contract settle by a lawyer.

Not every Thai girl grow up in Isaan you know

So what's wrong with growing up in Issan?

You can blast right back at him with some Mozart and see how he likes it then. rolleyes.gif

Exactly. my next door neighbour directly behind me put on very loud music at 5:30 in the morning. wife didnt want to say anything. I moved my speakers to the back of the house and when he fired his up< I did like wise.

Queens greatest hits at full blast. Only had to do it once and he stopped.

Dont listen to the apologists on here telling you it is reasonable to have loud music, it isnt, its rude and inconsiderate.

I dont give a shit if its HIS country. I have a valid visa, pay taxes and contribute something to the community, so I DO have a say.

WPFflags.gif

Well if I would be your neighbor I would complain if you don't play Queen the next morning again....I like them....

I would recommend: Nina Hagen, Leningrad cowboys or Sex Pistols. Of course some good Italian Opera would also scare the typical Thai.

I love Nina Hagen. thumbsup.gif

The only things that are better than her music are her interviews crazy.gif

quote name='submaniac' timestamp='1341978942' post='5473493']

There is a universal rule that I like to adhere to, and it applies in Thailand, USA, UK, Madagascar, Pakistan, or anywhere--> Try not to get into fights with your neighbors because you have to live there. I know it's annoying, but for goodness sake don't lose your cool about it or otherwise you may have to find another place to live. It's not about being right, it's about coming home without having to worry about getting into a war with someone.

Let your wife deal with it. It seems that she is not as angry as you are about it. Not to say you shouldn't be angry, but being angry will not help your situation. Just have her keep on talking to the owner. Complaint POLITELY in the morning as you have been doing, and keep doing it until the message sinks in. Do not escalate the situation because there is not a situation with a possibility of a "win" scenario.

WRONG. I understand you're a leuk krung and all that? And you seem like a nice guy, but seriously, anyone of any nationality deserves a little consideration, if not respect. Yes, even here.

I had a similar situation many years ago and my Thai partner was more pissed off than even I, humble farang though I am. Grovel.

Upshot was, neighbour moved.

I do wish people would stop bending over here.

I wish some farang would grow some balls and stop saying things like "don't mess with Thais etc. That is exactly the reason why this idiot plays his music loud as he has no respect for farang.

OP - go and the motherf******r that you are pissed off and if he doesn't repect ypur demand take appropriate action. It's essential that, as a foreigner, you know some 'poo yai' and/or police. If you don't one thing you can do is ask the local policeman to check on your house once a day for burglars - suggest 6am - this will only cost around 500 baht a month.

It's amazing the farang who pass every little problem over to their wives.

Plus like too many here, I would guess that the OP is a shadow owner of the property (his money, wife`s name) which means under the law he has no rights over the home or the neighbors.

Wrong. My wife earn enought to pay for her self. Actually she bought it, but I paid out half of it. She still ovn the land, but i own 2/3 of the house. Contract settle by a lawyer.

Not every Thai girl grow up in Isaan you know

So what's wrong with growing up in Issan?

What I was thinking. Isarn people are great.

OP - your wife obviously has no 'position' in the neighbourhood. - I wonder why? Dark skin, husband ?

Btw is this guy younger than you?

Edited by Johnniey

[...]

Down my way most of the locals go to bed around 8.00pm and wake up at 6.00am. According to them, everyone does the same and making some noise in the early morning should be no problem. So get used to it.

[...]

Do you mind me asking, if you live in a rural area? Some people are not even back home at 8pm from the office in cities.

No. My wife have a managing pos in a Australian gold mine. We live in a small town in Phichit district

lol never heard it called that before.

[...]

Down my way most of the locals go to bed around 8.00pm and wake up at 6.00am. According to them, everyone does the same and making some noise in the early morning should be no problem. So get used to it.

[...]

Do you mind me asking, if you live in a rural area? Some people are not even back home at 8pm from the office in cities.

No. My wife have a managing pos in a Australian gold mine. We live in a small town in Phichit district

lol never heard it called that before.

Never heard someone say "you're sitting on a goldmine"?

I agree with you OP. This discussion is getting out there.

I really think people are harping on the wrong things. It's not a "falang v. Thai" thing, a "Thai's don't respect Falangs" or "you're a guest in someone else's country" kind of debate. Neighbors making noise happens all over the world, in every country and every culture. Last weekend, my neighbor in the USA was blaring mariachi music late into the evening. (He's otherwise a good neighbor and it only happens once in a while, so I didn't complain.) I think this topic has become a mountain from a molehill.

• Like 1

Ask the owner if he knows how much his electricity bill increases by running a large sound system at full tilt for a few hours every day.

Quite possibly not a lot.

As he's probably plugged into the OP's meter. rolleyes.gif

OP, earplugs could save your life. For every action, there's a reaction, but not like the West where it's fair ol' fight, it will be sneaky, long drawn, and you will definitle lose.

Ask the owner if he knows how much his electricity bill increases by running a large sound system at full tilt for a few hours every day.

OP, earplugs could save your life. For every action, there's a reaction, but not like the West where it's fair ol' fight, it will be sneaky, long drawn, and you will definitle lose.

You can be 100% sure they are not plugged to the meter here.

Airplugs dont help for vibration. Its going deep into your body and make your hart beat really hard, you get nervous....

I am not sure I will lose this fight, but we have to wait and see. We also been loocked after by the local police. This due to my wifes work, reason dosn't mather.

This morning it was some other people sleeping there and the noicy boy come later. So wery nice and quite this morning. Only the sound from a "waking up village" :)

We had the same issue with littering earlier. One other nabour came to me and told me that this time he will speak with these people. After that they clean up their shit.

Airplugs dont help for vibration. Its going deep into your body and make your hart beat really hard, you get nervous....

I am not sure I will lose this fight, but we have to wait and see. We also been loocked after by the local police. This due to my wifes work, reason dosn't mather.

This morning it was some other people sleeping there and the noicy boy come later. So wery nice and quite this morning. Only the sound from a "waking up village" smile.png

We had the same issue with littering earlier. One other nabour came to me and told me that this time he will speak with these people. After that they clean up their shit.

I'm confused - you say you are being looked after by the local police or rather your wife is. She chooses not to do anything as she goes to her work early. She obviously thinks you're overacting. Maybe you have a medical problem if loud music makes your heart beat change. Chill out or go to bed earlier. Accept the things you can't change.

In my bank the other day there was a prat that wanted to have all his USA $ bills in mint condition. He asked his wife to ask the teller if they weren't accepted in some other country if this bank would take them back. His wife said something completely different to the teller and told her husband yes, when the answer was no. the point being - the farang was being a &lt;deleted&gt; so the wife ignored him.

I agree with you OP. This discussion is getting out there.

I really think people are harping on the wrong things. It's not a "falang v. Thai" thing, a "Thai's don't respect Falangs"

Exactly. I have a good Thai friend who had big problems with her Thai neighbor playing music way too loud. Polite requests were ineffective. Only thing that worked was a friend of the family, a Thai military man, going over there in uniform and threatening violence. Problem solved. But a lot of dirty looks followed.

Edited by JSixpack

This morning it was some other people sleeping there and the noicy boy come later. So wery nice and quite this morning. Only the sound from a "waking up village" smile.png

I'm confused - you say you are being looked after by the local police or rather your wife is. She chooses not to do anything as she goes to her work early. She obviously thinks you're overacting. Maybe you have a medical problem if loud music makes your heart beat change. Chill out or go to bed earlier. Accept the things you can't change.

In my bank the other day there was a prat that wanted to have all his USA $ bills in mint condition. He asked his wife to ask the teller if they weren't accepted in some other country if this bank would take them back. His wife said something completely different to the teller and told her husband yes, when the answer was no. the point being - the farang was being a &lt;deleted&gt; so the wife ignored him.

If he was about to go to Vietnam then he was only being sensible because Vietnamese businesses and banks will point-blank refuse to accept scruffy foreign banknotes. Probably didn't want to feel like a &lt;deleted&gt; when that happened.

Too many people here trying to trivialize the problem. It's a real problem.