What Are The Options For A Webdesigner?

None, it seems right?

I was planning to do my freelance work in Thailand, but this way I'm unable to get a work permit? I'm not sure, its all complicated. And for starting a buisiness, U need to be a Thai and hire 4 Thai people. But the work is only for one person.

You have summed up the situation quite well, but you omitted the THB 2.0 million capitalisation required in the Thai limited company and the 49/51% ownership ratio.

To be legal you need a WP, to get a WP you will need to set up the Thai limited company

In your line of business it very costly to do all this,office,company,wp,a lot of money .But hard to say if some one working, in your home or just checking email and surfing the web?whistling.gif But of course dont break the law

Edited by crille30

Ok. So let's say some one hires me part time, i could get a work permit?

What are my options then? Is the freelance work in the rest of the time illegal?

If Thai company hires you, you could get a WP, but the WP only covers working for that particular company any freelance work would still be illegal

why would you want to register and pay taxes?

get on odesk,freelancer, elancer and work away.

i would kill for a decent webmaster at a decent ratesmile.png

\

First and foremost, I need a visa. So even if it's part time, it would do the trick.

And what are you looking for exactly?

First and foremost, I need a visa.

You will probably end up like all the other under-50 web-designers and day-traders and brothel bar-owners and restaurant-owners etc. etc. : on the border run minibus every 90 days.

You have summed up the situation quite well, but you omitted the THB 2.0 million capitalisation required in the Thai limited company and the 49/51% ownership ratio.

To be legal you need a WP, to get a WP you will need to set up the Thai limited company

I continually get told two different things on the 2,000,000.

1. It must be cash in the company name.

2 It only needs to signed up capital.

What is the real answer, ( for the next pub arguement )smile.png

Edited by overherebc

I continually get told two different things on the 2,000,000.

1. It must be cash in the company name.

2 It only needs to signed up capital.

What is the real answer, ( for the next pub arguement )smile.png

its THB 2.0 million capitalisation in the company ie doesnt need to be THB 2.0 million in cash in the company, combination of cash & assets would work