Dishonest Bangkok Cop Sees Sentence Reduced From 1,765 Years To 50

webfact

"had failed to pay the fines into state bank accounts but instead put the money into his own pocket on 353 occasions"

"He claimed that he didn’t realise the consequences of his action, that he had no financial expertise"

<Snippin'> Liar!

A prime/normal example of a Thai Police Officer at work, collecting fines.

Hope he rots in hell!

-mel.

Edited by metisdead

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wai.gif Really an amazing story and an incredibly harsh sentence when compared with the sentences received by those who have tried to burn down the capital city, and the levels of corruption the are pervading every thing. Thaksin got only years for massive corruption!

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed.

He'll be out in a week. They could never do this all the time; just how many prisons would they have to build to jail the entire royal thai police force?

...........typical nation tripe reporting making out as if this is an isolated occurrence. Why not head line it "1/200,000 of the way there to cleaning up the police in Thailand"

Guess his mistake was issuing documents after taking the bribes. The training will be sure to include "take the cash and no receipt" from now on

I don't condone what this policeman did, but it's "funny" to see white collar crooks steal millions of dollars while getting away with it, whereas some low ranked policeman gets life sentence for stealing 500,000 Baht.

Edited by SymS
  • Like 2

Forgot to put the booty in the kitty for all the other sticky fingers to grab thier share, steal from thieves and get punished, share the ill gotten goods with the other crooks and everyone is happy.

Why didn't they just sentence him to eternal damnation?

How can a court sentence you to incarceration beyond the legal maximum? Does someone get out of bed in the morning and genuinely sentence someone to 1700 years in jail?????

5 years per offense, served consecutively, halved for confession, then reduced to max - simple really. His mistake was calculating very low odds of being caught for a small crime, and then repeating the offense until it was noticed.

512,342B divided by 1765 years means he got one year per 290B stolen. I am all for giving hard punishment, but this is totally out of proportion. Most likely the guy was sacrificed for some cause, probably as a deterrent for other bent cops or as window dressing for the masses. Reminds me of a clerk at some toll road in Bangkok that got more than 40 years for some a petty amount stolen. I think it was around 40,000B...

WB

Well the copper should be having a party and doing flip flops in jail. Just when he thought he had to do the best part of two millennia in jail, he gets off with a mere 50 years, lucky ba****d! !!!!

I haven't even tried google yet, but this must rate as one of the longest ever jail sentences to be handed down. He would have done less time and made more money if he would have hired himself out as a serial hitman.

Lucky ba****d!

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

Why didn't they just sentence him to eternal damnation?

How can a court sentence you to incarceration beyond the legal maximum? Does someone get out of bed in the morning and genuinely sentence someone to 1700 years in jail?????

5 years per offense, served consecutively, halved for confession, then reduced to max - simple really. His mistake was calculating very low odds of being caught for a small crime, and then repeating the offense until it was noticed.

So 5 years for pocketing the value of a traffic fine?

Ludicrous

If they used the same scale to re-adjust Thaksin's theft at 80 billion baht, then the computer ses that he is due a prison sentence which will finish in roughly 320 million years. This could require a serious amount of tube feeding but is totally justified given the Sergeant's predicament.

• Like 1

As he has already repaid the money to the state he will get time of for good behavior plus a bit extra time off or time served on the force. Add the two together he should be out on Tuesday smile.png

I'm pissing myself with laughter at this one.... masterpiece.

Exactly wait till it all blows over hell be out in 6 months or so for sure.

Remember that cop who was drunk and killed the Canadian guy in Pai, he was sentenced, but only served a bit the they let him out and sent him to another post in Chiang Rai.

F*****n joke.