Police Arrest Suspect For Murder Of Phuket Teen

Lite Beer

Police arrest suspect for murder of Phuket teen

Phuket Gazette –

phuket-1-16398WlgANNKDAbLmAmIYXjkAoStATv.jpg

Confessed killer Kittikhun Wonghajak (left) with Col Wanchai Palawan of the Phuket Provincial Police this morning. Photo: Krisada Meuanhawong

phuket-4-16398ttkQsAXpRAPAlCjUJyPkHnIgAc.jpg

Family and friends began bathing rites for the late Sunisa at Wat Lakthiwanaram (Wat Tai) in Chalong, Phuket yesterday. The cremation is scheduled for Saturday. Photo: Krisada Meuanhawong

PHUKET: A suspect arrested last night has confessed to strangling Phuket teenager Sunisa “Som” Saiyoy, 17, in her Chalong home on Tuesday, but denies charges that he raped her.

The suspect, 28-year-old Kittikhun Wonghajak, was arrested by the Phuket Provincial Police investigation team early this morning and was presented to the press briefly at 10am at provincial police headquarters.

A press conference is scheduled for this afternoon.

Mr Kittikhun, a native of Nakhon Phanom, was wanted on eight previous warrants in theft-related cases, four in the Phuket City Police District and four more in Chalong, said Col Wanchai Palawan of the Phuket Provincial Police.

Kittikhun confessed to breaking and entering the home of Ms Sunisa and killing her, but has thus far denied charges that he attempted to rape the teenager.

Phuket Provincial Police Commander Chonasit Wattanavrangkul told the Gazette this morning:

“After the crime, I ordered both the Phuket Provincial Police investigation unit, as well Chalong Police, to investigate and arrest the suspect. We focused on [suspected or known] thieves in Phuket, as well as local residents known to have disappeared after the murder,” said Maj Gen Chonasit.

“Last night, the suspect was arrested in Chalong by our investigation team. The suspect is a known criminal who has burglarized homes in many different areas.”

After the suspect initially denied any involvement, police searched his home and uncovered "useful evidence" including property from Sunisa’s house, Maj Gen Chonasit said.

Meanwhile, family and friends began bathing rites for the late Sunisa at Wat Lakthiwanaram (Wat Tai) in Chalong yesterday. The cremation is scheduled for Saturday.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2012/article16398.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-07-12

The suspect is a known criminal who has burglarized homes in many different areas.”

Then why wasn't he in jail? Instead he was out burglarizing more homes and killing people... More wonderful police work. Does someone have to get killed before they do their job?

Perhaps there was no reward money promised to solve the burglaries.

The suspect is a known criminal who has burglarized homes in many different areas.”

Then why wasn't he in jail? Instead he was out burglarizing more homes and killing people... More wonderful police work. Does someone have to get killed before they do their job?

Apparently, yes. sick.gif

I didn't read about any reward offered in the case, but I did read: "Mr Kittikhun, a native of Nakhon Phanom, was wanted on eight previous warrants in theft-related cases, four in the Phuket City Police District and four more in Chalong, said Col Wanchai Palawan of the Phuket Provincial Police."

One would hope being wanted on 8 separate warrants in Phuket and Chalong he would have been arrested before something like this murder could have happen. Funny how fast they found him after the murder. I know, no money in it for the police, so why would they actually do their job... I wonder if he'll be released on bail next...

The fact that they know all about his burglary history suggests he's probably been in and out of jail for years.

All over the world many know criminals are roaming around free. They could have finished their jail time or they could be on a wanted list but not apprehended

I didn't read about any reward offered in the case, but I did read: "Mr Kittikhun, a native of Nakhon Phanom, was wanted on eight previous warrants in theft-related cases, four in the Phuket City Police District and four more in Chalong, said Col Wanchai Palawan of the Phuket Provincial Police."

One would hope being wanted on 8 separate warrants in Phuket and Chalong he would have been arrested before something like this murder could have happen. Funny how fast they found him after the murder. I know, no money in it for the police, so why would they actually do their job... I wonder if he'll be released on bail next...

Murder is bigger crime and it's on the press, therefore publicly known. There has now been quite a few murders and other major crimes on Phuket and it's likely that these stories will now get out of Thailand as well. That works as good motivator.

Then again, maybe the police will be 'more demanding' while asking the location of an murder suspect from his friends. That could also bring faster results.

Now there has been quite few drug busts on the island, this for example http://www.thephuketnews.com/dope-bust-nets-2-000-ya-ba-pills-31984.php . I think that's a good start of the cleaning work.

Sorry but in this pic I can't see his arms ....?? Sorry but is he an amputee or just a bad photo ...???sorry.gif But it's a weird pic

Sorry but in this pic I can't see his arms ....?? Sorry but is he an amputee or just a bad photo ...???sorry.gif But it's a weird pic

Given the situation, he probably has his hand cuffed behind his back. He is also sitting on the floor, which describes that he is accepted the situation he is in. I would say that's a good picture of aftermath of awful event.

Col Wanchai Palawan should confirm, in front of the cameras, speaking to the public, that the fingerprints match the ones found at the crime scene (window), and that they found his DNA on the victims body...

BOTH will be there - but in this short time, they didnt even bother to look for it nor to USE it... unbelievable...

further the picture is UTTERLY DISGUSTING...

this hot-air-ballon with the suspect on his knees, and him having the hand on his shoulder - LIKE A PREY !

Edited by dangding

Col Wanchai Palawan should confirm, in front of the cameras, speaking to the public, that the fingerprints match the ones found at the crime scene (window), and that they found his DNA on the victims body...

BOTH will be there - but in this short time, they didnt even bother to look for it nor to USE it... unbelievable...

further the picture is UTTERLY DISGUSTING...

this hot-air-ballon with the suspect on his knees, and him having the hand on his shoulder - LIKE A PREY !

Things aren't quite so straightforward in the real world. Google "CSI effect" and you will see... DNA is not so readily available at crime scenes as your prime time TV suggests....

Just possibly police in Phuket prioritize crimes and criminals like we do in the western world. Do you assume they have infinite resources to track down everyone who has outstanding warrants? Guarantee you we have thousands here in the USA roaming free and with multiple arrest warrants on their records.

• Like 1

Yes, looks like he's missing his left arm.

Perhaps the BIB were keeping a watch on him to see what he was doing or

gonna do next for the reason why he wasn't already in jail.

As for his arms...well...he's plainly on his knees and most likely his arms

are cuffed behind his back rather uncomfortably.

Hang the bastard.

• Like 1

You can't arrest someone just because you know they're a criminal. You actually have to have evidence that they committed a crime. Hope this clears things up for you.

This will clear things up....Amazing how in Thailand that the cops allow the crims and the victims to be together...if that was my relative i'm, sure the guy would now be in intensive care at a hospital of low repute!!

Go to youtube...

Edited by maipompui

How long this monkey business will continue in LOS, Land of Sadness ? What they need is a Western juristic administration and system, criminal courts.... Come on UN take it over.... it's becoming time with all that corruption and uncapable government ! clap2.gif

This will clear things up....Amazing how in Thailand that the cops allow the crims and the victims to be together...if that was my relative i'm, sure the guy would now be in intensive care at a hospital of low repute!!

Go to youtube...

It's really AMAZING ! And some of the BiB seems to have fun, always continue smiling...whistling.gif

Just possibly police in Phuket prioritize crimes and criminals like we do in the western world. Do you assume they have infinite resources to track down everyone who has outstanding warrants? Guarantee you we have thousands here in the USA roaming free and with multiple arrest warrants on their records.

I agree - in my experience police in the UK aren't very interested in burglaries. If you report one you normally get a case number for your insurance and a lecture on "better house security". This is supposedly down to lack of resources and therefore having to prioritze accordingly which is what all police forces have to manage.

Here, the RTP have captured a brutal murderer, responsible for strangling a young lady. Well done for catching him and hope he gets the punishment he deserves.

Go to youtube...

Who is the Thai guy sitting next to the suspect? He is also handcuffed. Was he an accomplice?

There is nothing mentioned in the article about a second offender.

You can't arrest someone just because you know they're a criminal. You actually have to have evidence that they committed a crime. Hope this clears things up for you.

He had eight warrants issued for his arrest, if you bothered to actually read the article.

Go to youtube...

Who is the Thai guy sitting next to the suspect? He is also handcuffed. Was he an accomplice?

There is nothing mentioned in the article about a second offender.

He originally said he had 2 accomplices...

After his arrest, Khun Kittikhun at first said he had acted with two other men, and that he had committed another murder, slashing the throat of a ladyboy.

But under intense interrogation at Phuket City Police Headquarters, he eventually confessed to acting alone.

Another sad thing about this is the public, both Thai and expats and forum responses are far less intense than when the aus lady was murdered not long ago...different strokes for different folks , i guess....

Poor kid's death wont harm ''tourist $$$'' so not so much reaction...sad.png

• Like 1