Drug-Addicted Thief Confesses To Murder Of Phuket Teen 'Nong Som'

webfact

Drug-addicted thief confesses to murder of Phuket teen 'Nong Som'

Phuket Gazette

k1.jpeg

The late Sunisa "”Nong Som” Saiyoy during a trip to the Phuket Aquarium.

k2.jpeg

Sunisa’s aunt has to be restrained by security officers as she tries to strike her neice’s confessed killer (seated, in blue). Photo: Chaiyot Yongcharoenchai

PHUKET: -- Security is expected to be very tight in Chalong this morning, when police and the confessed drug-addicted killer of 17-year-old Sunisa “Som” Saiyoy re-enact the brutal strangling, attempted rape and robbery on Tuesday.

Confessed murderer Kittikhun Wonghajak, who goes by multiple aliases including “Aek”, “Mac” and “Goong”, told the press yesterday that he did not intentionally murder Ms Sunisa, who was home alone with a headache when Kittikhun broke into her home.

The press conference at Phuket Provincial Police Headquarters yesterday afternoon was conducted by Police Region 8 Deputy Commander Pisan Chuldilok.

In his confession to the media Kittikhun said:

“On that day I was casing homes as usual, looking to steal stuff. My target was an empty house with no security system. I had never been in that housing estate before; it was my first time in the area. I intended to break into the house and steal things. I broke in to the victim’s house and searched for stuff in two other rooms. Once I saw the victim in her room, I felt sexually aroused.

I broke into the room; she was screaming and trying to run away. I slapped her once in the face because she was screaming. And then push her face against a pillow. I thought she had only passed out. I never had any intention to kill her.”

His confession was unclear as to whether he sexually violated his victim:

“I found a candle in the house and I had a sexual fantasy relating to the candle and the victim.

As I said before, when I saw her my first thought was to rape her, but I did not do it. So I left the house and headed back to my place, not realizing she was dead.

“On that day I took ya ice (crystal methamphetamine) and ya bah (meth in tablet form) before going to rob the house. I normally trade stolen property for drugs, or for gambling.

“I am so sorry for what I did. If it were possible, I would tell her that I never meant to kill her,” he said.

Maj Gen Pisan explained how police were able to track down Kittikhun just two days after the murder.

“Kittikhun had five outstanding arrest warrants requested by multiple police stations, four in Phuket and one in Trang. In 2006, he burgled a home in the Chalong area and an arrest warrant was issued. When he learned about the warrant, he fled to Chiang Rai province, where he had a new identification card issued with a new given name and surname,” he explained.

Kittikhun was arrested at 2pm on Wednesday in a rented room on Kamorapat Road in Phuket Town, a short distance from both Phuket City Police and Phuket Provincial Police headquarters.

“Lt Col Tammasan Boonsong of the Chalong Police arrested Kittikhun with stolen property. Col Tammasan had searched old case files and found that Kittikhun matched the appearance of a man wanted on theft charges in Chalong many years ago.

“After the arrest, Lt Col Tammasan went through a list of items found in Kittikhun rented flat, he found many items matching the description of those reported missing from Ms Sunisa’s house.

“So Lt Col Tammasan invited the aunt and parents of Ms Sunisa to see if the items police recovered from Kittikhun belonged to them. It turned out that they did,” Maj Gen Pisan said.

The case against Kittikhun became airtight when it was discovered that the shoes he was wearing at the time of arrest were a perfect match to footprints discovered at the murder scene.

“At first Kittikhun denied the charge, but after all the overwhelming evidence was presented to him he confessed to breaking into Ms Sunisa’s house. He was stealing valuables from the house when he heard Ms Sunisa screaming from inside her room,” he said.

After breaking into her room he attempted to rape her, but suffered from erectile dysfunction explained Maj Gen Pisan.

Though Kittikhun claims he did not intend to kill Ms Sunisa and that she was suffocated by being pressed against the pillow, the exact cause of death has yet to be confirmed by an autopsy, he added.

Another man was arrested as part of a gang who helped Kittikhun break into houses and steal valuables, but Kittikhun acted alone on that night, said Maj Gen Pisan.

Kaneung Saiyoy, the 62-year-old father of the late Sunisa, said “I have nothing much to say. I am still grieving over what happened.”

“There were five people living in the house; me, my wife, Nong Som, a grandchild and my wife’s younger sister who owns the house,” he said.

“We were going to cremate Nong Som on Saturday, but I heard that officers wanted more time to examine her body, so we will cremate her later,” he said sorrowfully.

Nong Som’s aunt told the Phuket Gazette, “Nong Som was a cute girl. She had a slight mental condition, but she was fine and took medication for it. We never had to give her any specialized care. She just had a tendency to repeat the same question over and over, and she was nervous around strangers,” she said.

The aunt, who did not want her name to be reported, would like to see Kittikhun get the death penalty.

“I wish him dead. He doesn’t deserve to live. He will harm other people as long as he remains alive. He is a thief; a career criminal,” she said.

Additional reporting by Chutharat Plerin

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16412.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-07-13

Another sad thing about this is the public, both Thai and expats and forum responses are far less intense than when the aus lady was murdered not long ago...different strokes for different folks , i guess....

Poor kid's death wont harm ''tourist $$$'' so not so much reaction...sad.png

I think the other way around. 'We can not harm the tourist $$$'s with this poor kid's death so no point in posting about it.' A vast majority of the posters after an event like this declare their distaste for Phuket here and try to stear people away from Phuket. But they can't do that here, so no reaction from them, only from the people much more sincerely involved in Phuket.

Another sad thing about this is the public, both Thai and expats and forum responses are far less intense than when the aus lady was murdered not long ago...different strokes for different folks , i guess....

I think the other way around. 'We can not harm the tourist $$$'s with this poor kid's death so no point in posting about it.' A vast majority of the posters after an event like this declare their distaste for Phuket here and try to stear people away from Phuket. But they can't do that here, so no reaction from them, only from the people much more sincerely involved in Phuket.

No.I mean, i was referring more to the knee jerk reaction from the very top..PM herself pointing out how much money aussies spend here and the risk of losing it because of the untimely death of the aus lady.

That started off a whole chain of events and reactions from people of all walks of life.....this is not happening in this case..

Even the thais at kata reacted against ''the outsiders'' causing problems[being the murderers of aus lady]..ie possible/probable loss of tourist $$

This poor girl was murdered also by ''outsider'' but as she is 'just another victim'' theres no obvious reaction...thats basically what i was trying to say..

Another sad thing about this is the public, both Thai and expats and forum responses are far less intense than when the aus lady was murdered not long ago...different strokes for different folks , i guess.... Poor kid's death wont harm ''tourist $$$'' so not so much reaction...sad.png

How totally absurd a statement - Phuket is full of YaBa smoking monkeys and will continue to be the violence capital of Thailand - the "Distaste" is there and will continue to stay until the Police start doing their job of getting these criminals off the streets.

Are you blind not to consider that this YaBa smoking money killed this girl for 100 baht worth of YaBa (?)

There is every reason to tie this event with all the rest of the ghastly violence that's been happening in Phuket as well as the entire country.

The problem juxtaposed here is the same as any country across this planet - if you see it as anything different - its possible you are making your statement a personal comment other than an educated comment that actually contributes to the posting.

Its not a division between a tourist or a Thai that has been violated here - nor the value of the media presentation - a person lost their life to a simple minded junkie - looking to fulfill their drug habit - until these street people are dealt with - this will continue to be a problem for everyone.

• Like 2

only reason he didnt rape her is that she was unconscious?

Dont know where you got that from....;

When he reached Khun Sunisa's room he found her asleep in bed and decided on an impulse to rape her.

However, when he could not have an erection, he used a candle to penetrate her vaginally and anally.

sad.png

What ever, it doesn't detract from the fact that he is a dog!!!

Well they wrote the events in 5 different ways so who knows which one is real? At first it said that was aroused and then he fought with her and made her unconscious which is when the erectile problems happened. What i read there is he only gets pleasure if she screams and cries.

But then there's 4 different descriptions of the events that are completely different so who knows.. gazette's journalist at their finest copy/pasting

Another sad thing about this is the public, both Thai and expats and forum responses are far less intense than when the aus lady was murdered not long ago...different strokes for different folks , i guess.... Poor kid's death wont harm ''tourist $$$'' so not so much reaction...sad.png

How totally absurd a statement - Phuket is full of YaBa smoking monkeys and will continue to be the violence capital of Thailand - the "Distaste" is there and will continue to stay until the Police start doing their job of getting these criminals off the streets.

Are you blind not to consider that this YaBa smoking money killed this girl for 100 baht worth of YaBa (?)

There is every reason to tie this event with all the rest of the ghastly violence that's been happening in Phuket as well as the entire country.

The problem juxtaposed here is the same as any country across this planet - if you see it as anything different - its possible you are making your statement a personal comment other than an educated comment that actually contributes to the posting.

Its not a division between a tourist or a Thai that has been violated here - nor the value of the media presentation - a person lost their life to a simple minded junkie - looking to fulfill their drug habit - until these street people are dealt with - this will continue to be a problem for everyone.

You obviously did not understand or read my statement.

What I said was: the people slagging of Phuket at every opportunity are not here now slagging of Phuket because this case is not tourism related, nothing for them to gain.

Statements like this 'Phuket is full of YaBa smoking monkeys and will continue to be the violence capital of Thailand' are ridiculous BTW, and miss any factual basis.

It appears the BiB did a good job here, shame about other government officials 'When he learned about the warrant, he fled to Chiang Rai province, where he had a new identification card issued with a new given name and surname,” How ridiculous is that?

Now on re reading ...thats a weird response to what i said...totally changed the meaning of my post ..ermm.gif

An incident like this highlights the criminality of SOME imhabitants of Phuket. They prey on others, Thai's and foreigners. The well known lack of policing here is obviously attracting them because they know they can "go on the run" here with little chance of getting caught.

Surely, their presence on this island, along with their predatory behaviour, turns happy holiday makers into upset and angry victims of crime. You saw photos of the stolen property in the accused's possession - phones, cameras etc. No doubt many of these were taken from tourist.

What makes you think you are anymore "sincerely involved in Phuket" than anyone else here????

Not surprising, that in the last few weeks with all the major crime that has occured here, those that normally post "singing the praises of Phuket" were very very quiet.

Edited by NamKangMan