Renewed My 5 Year License Today

CTO

So given I couldn't really work out what I needed or didn't need from previous threads, I went first to Mo Chit and asked,

"Copy Passport, Visa, Work Permit and Embassy Say you live here"

Well - I don't have a work permit and do I need a Health Check?

"NO health check needed - No work permit needed - Just copy visa"

OK - I also want a International Drivers permit,

"OK - Need 2 Photo's, down stairs ground floor, one for Booth 20, one for me, 555" Just photo copy the embassy letter, no need for two letters"

So 1 hour 30 minutes later I was back.

I didn't even fill out any forms, the nice ladies did it for me, went to booth 17 or 18, which are for all Farang, waited a few minutes, a bloke took the forms, my old license, checked it against what my old details where, noted the change in address, made the change.

Then he sent me to floor 3, where I guessed the colour of the traffic lights, RED, "yes" GREEN "yes" - next one was hard err, greeny sort of yellow" NO IT'S YELLOW - NO - IT'S a MIX, she finally agreed it really wasn't yellow but could we pretend, so I did and passed the colour blind test.

Then a foot reaction time, then peripheral vision RED, yes, GREEN, yes, ORANGE, no, err, sorrow, YELLOW< yess!!!!

Floor 4 please,

There I sat through a very good movie about motorbike riders getting killed, and some bloke who wouldn't let his wife get a drivers license, and a arsehol_e who hit a try and his son "Shigun" ended up in hospital.

Good stuff as I think all people renewing should get some driver ed and free movies that are pretty sobering.

So then back to floor 2, 4 minutes and I have a new drivers license,

Back to the information desk, they fill out the form, off to window 20, and 4 minutes later I have a International Drivers Permit,

The reaction time and movie was about 40 minutes long, so all up about an hour.

Not long at all.

About 640 ish for the renew, and 505 for the international permit.

Good value and pretty fast.

OH - I forgot, as I needed the photocopy of the Embassy Stat Dec of my address notorised, the ladies at the info desk did that for free,

VERY nice people!

Edited by CTO