Nes Required In Schools?

In a phone conversation with an American friend in CM this morning, he mentioned that he heard of a recent law(?) that requires at least one native English speaking (NES) teacher per school. He didn't tell me his source or to what type of "school" this pertains to. I hate to be one of those "i heard from a friend that heard..." posters, but I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this claim's validity and to what extent/domain it covers, i.e. school types.

I very, very strongly doubt there is any such law. If there was something in place, it would be a regulation, not a law (splitting hairs a little on the issue, I know).

Students may be required to take English as a part of the Thai curriculum, but I have never heard of any regulation that it has to be taught by a native speaker. A lot of schools are out of compliance, if this is the case.

Thanks, It didn't sound legit to me either. I told him I haven't heard about it here and that it sounds strange, but TiT... No worries on the law vs regulation. Thanks for the clarification.

It sounded too good to be true.