Dextrose, (Powdered Or Dissolvable)

wildpikey

If it is available I never found it after searching for a few weeks for a TV member in Isaan.

The most obvious place to go was YOK inter, everything for drinks and cakes etc, but they neither had dextrose or glucose., and the staff thought it was all the same as the fructose they do sell.

In the end my friend found a website where he actually ordered direct, I can put you intouch with the TV member if you wish.

not sure what you need the dextrose for, I used to use it when I was an athlete,in tablet form and you can probably still get it from the likes of Boots and Watsons,....it was very effective for me, turned me into speedy gonzales for an hour or so.

good luck, hope someone does know where to get it locally.

If it is available I never found it after searching for a few weeks for a TV member in Isaan.

The most obvious place to go was YOK inter, everything for drinks and cakes etc, but they neither had dextrose or glucose., and the staff thought it was all the same as the fructose they do sell.

In the end my friend found a website where he actually ordered direct, I can put you intouch with the TV member if you wish.

not sure what you need the dextrose for, I used to use it when I was an athlete,in tablet form and you can probably still get it from the likes of Boots and Watsons,....it was very effective for me, turned me into speedy gonzales for an hour or so.

good luck, hope someone does know where to get it locally.

I want to use it in post workout shakes, I have been using electrolyte powders found in any pharmacy but I want to cut out the other stuff, ie sodium etc. Not so bad really but was looking for a more pure form.

Look in the "Phuean Khrua" bakery supply shop: Coming from Nong Hoi (fly over) intersection, go south (direction Lamphun) the 106 ("Big rubber tree road") --- After about 330 m you'll see on the left side a creme coloured 2-storey building with parallel parking lots in front. Everything is written in Thai, but they have some big red signs in the windows saying "RICH'S".

As far as I remember I've recently seen bags of powdered dextrose in their sugar department.

Thx for the input guys, I have also found a stockist now.

If anyone should be interested, it can be bought in a tub of about 500 G in the pharmacy on the right hand side (as you go down) between Loi Kroh soi 2 & 3. Helpful Chinese (y) woman there seems to stock everything. 65 Baht. a tub.

Edited by wildpikey

re ... pharmacy on the right hand side (as you go down) between Loi Kroh soi 2 & 3. Helpful Chinese (y) woman there seems to stock everything

he means its the one on the right just before the clinic : )

dave2

post-42592-0-65365500-1342239612_thumb.j