My First Trip To Kl For A Tourist Visa Some Advice Please

thanks mario,

i'm in Kl now and it's quite easy to find a hotel and travel around,

from the airport i got a bus to china town (pasar station) cost was approx 15 myr equivalent to 300 baht,

then it's a train (LRT) to ampang park took about 30 mins - cost 1.60 myr equivalent to 30 baht - as you exit the station take the left option and walk up the stairs that points you in the direction of the thai embassy and you cross a junction and walk for about 20 mins and embassy is on the left or there's taxis there too ( it looks like there's 2 thai embassies in this area and the one for visas is on jalan ampang road)

after i finished at the embassy i didn't go back via the ampang park station i walked on a bit further to the twin towers KLCC and there's an impressive shopping area inside and the LRT.

to get back to the airport I can't find a bus from china town or the KLCC and people are saying goto KL sentral which is close by and only 20 baht on the LRT.

i asked a few taxi drivers around the embassy and KLCC how much to take me to the airport and they are ranging from 90 - 120 myr also there's no buses back to the airport from that area so it's either taxi or the train back KL sentral.

the thai embassy was fine for making the application for a tourist visa (they wouldn't give a double) they just required the usual - photo , 110 myr, and one photo copy of passport main page.

i didn't see any agents etc around the embassy i had to goto a shopping centre approx . 500 meters away to make the photocopy and photo's.