Hey There Neighbor!

Buki

I'm curious. I would like to know the people in the neighborhood. Do you know the people in the neighborhood?

Tell me something about you...

------------------------------------------------------

I am Buki, the bum.

is 28.

is a Filipino.

is a capricorn.

is happily committed for 7 years.

is looking for friends.

is bored with his life now.

is now waiting for your replies.

is :o

I'm curious. I would like to know the people in the neighborhood. Do you know the people in the neighborhood?

Tell me something about you...

Hey there! :-) Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Ok, you asked for it, so here goes!

I'm Fractalkid, the Buddhist globetrotter...

British

Piscean

Lived in Thailand (originally Phuket and now Chiang Mai) for almost 2 years, learning Thai language, meditating, hanging out with friends, planning my business

Now just commited to spend half my time in London (business taking off) and wondering if I'm

making the right decision

Had a couple of relationships with Thai guys.. nothing long term though

always looking for new friends (any nationality)

:o

Howdy, neighbors or neighbours. Technically, on ThaiVisa, we don't really do personal ads as such, but we're glad to see that Buki is taking an active role in the forum already. Besides, if he's already in a LTR commitment, he probably wasn't searching for dates, anyway. Any poster is welcome to make a tasteful, non-intrustive enquiry to another poster by PM. And there are clever ways to say, "Hi, I'm lonesome in Bangkok, and looking for the right man."

Let me try:

Hi, I'm PeaceBlondie in Hua Hin, and I'm not exactly looking for the perfect partner. I'm old enough to know what I want, and young enough to do it. I may be a Virgo, but I'm not a virgin. I lived in Chiang Mai for two years, and am now a beach bum.

....wow, look at all those jellyfish! And look at all those Thai men on the beach!

Hi there Buki

Welcome to the Forum. I'll take on 2 topics at once here ... YES, I run an online web diary (blog). I don't know if PB or Chris will let me put a link to it, so I'll send you a PM, Buki. A big hint for anybody interested is to read by 'signature' at the end of my posts.

I'm 52, a Leo, Australian, visiting Thailand twice a year - hoping to retire in LOS late this year. In a LTR with a cute Issan guy. We have finished building and furnishing our house in his village - I'll be there in under 4 weeks - which can't come quickly enough.

Peter

Heh heh heh.... I'm in my indeterminate mid-30s, gay, single, white American guy living in downtown Bangkok... I'm a teacher of an indeterminate non-English subject at a Thai school... Just out of a really strange 3 year relationship with a Thai guy... and taking a few months to cool off from that before starting to look for anything serious again...

"Steven"

Oh, and it is very nice to see Buki (and other new posters) active here!

Hi Buki. Nice idea for a post, and I'm also enjoying the quick synopses of other regular posters in this forum.

I'm a mid-50's American teaching English at a univeristy in central Isan. In a 3-year LTR, and hope to retire here after 10 more years of teaching. I thoroughly enjoy the laid-back culture of Isan, and the genuine friendships/relationships that seem to come easy as a part of country living. But, the lights of Bangkok, only a 45-minute flight away, are great too!

Hey all! am a newbie here. have been reading this forum for quite a bit now (since june 2005, actually) and the posts here have never failed to intrigue/amuse/annoy,etc me.

After months of lurking like the raincoat clad bloke who hangs around st theresa's girls' school for morally upright young ladies with sweets in his pockets, i think it's about time i partake in a bit of banter, inane or otherwise. so yeah. hello! greetings and salutions to all!

i must admit that i do have some opinions about some of the posts here. i have wanted to participate for the longest time EVER but didnt have the balls to do so, lest i be branded as a under-the-bridge-dwelling, goat-terrorising fairy-tale creature from hel_l. oh well.

ok, some info about me:

am not staying in thailand anymore. dwelled in thailand in 1998 in kanchanaburi for almost one year before packing my bags and headed home. made many wonderful friends in thailand,made many blunders, broke a few hearts, got into a few hissy fits, ate a few grasshoppers, etc. am now teacher in another southeast asian country. am teaching in a gifted eduation school where the kids are spoilt fat prats who come to school chauffered in their fathers' silver jaguars.

so yeah, once again, hello boys. im here. taaraahhhh!!!!:o

Edited by boybrat

yes. ijwt! teaching is tres stressful. that is why i will soon be leaving my teaching post to be a media whore (with big hair, red fingernails and a houndstooth suit with chanel buttons).*chuckle*

was considering a teaching post at an international school in bkk, teaching english. but alack! alack!they were looking for NATIVE speakers. so even though i speak and write perfect english and obtained excellent results at an american university, ive been told my friends that i do not stand a chance. so, why bother?

it appears that the schools tend to prefer them blond backpacker types to little old me. perhaps its also because im young and ive been mistaken as a thai boy EVERY TIME i go out with my blond ex in bkk. the fact dat i liked dancing topless on podiums did not help, i guess...:o)))))

sigh. oh well.

Edited by boybrat

I am Buki, the bum.

I am Bambi ,the boob :o

is 28.

is 32.

is a Filipino.

is a Thai

is a capricorn.

is a pisces

is happily committed for 7 years.

is no commtted

is looking for friends.

is looking for a sick buffalo

is bored with his life now.

is not that bored with her life now

is now waiting for your replies.

is now replying your question

Don't think the topless dancing would've made a difference unless you told them about it, BB, but not being white could work against you- though I do know that at some of the tip-top international schools there are Thais teaching some subjects- well, Thai, at least- for the same wages as the foreign teachers.

Mostly not having a current foreign teacher's accreditation will keep you out of the super-special schools. But all that's more of a topic for the Teacher's Room than here... :o.

What does being a media whore entail (or is drag the whole point)??

"Steven"

as a soon to be ex-teacher, i have a bachelor's in education and did courses in child psychology, paedogogical mathematics and all that jazz. it was fabulous cos i was paid by the government to do that degree. of course, i had to sign a bond. shitty stuff that.

did my second bachelor's in mass communication while still teaching cos ive always wanted to be a journalist, (the main reason i took up teaching was so that i could earn enough to put myself through school, pursuing the degree that i had always wanted. i do not come from a very rich family, see? it cost a bomb. but i managed to do real well.and for that, i shall pat myself on the back).

juggled teaching, studying, partying, gymming, and a relationship that ended rather tragically. more on THAT later some other day. the ex did not seem to like the fact that i was independent. wanted me to drop EVERYTHING and move to london. stood my ground cos i asked him what i could do in london. teaching there was NOT an option cos them london kids are little shits. push came to shove. i wanted to do what i want to do, he got pissy. and we broke up. he called me 10 minutes before i had to make a presentation and dropped the bomb. i said ok and that was that. 2 years of shuttling back and forth for naught.

thats a bit more about little old me. all that drama!!!!!!

so yeah, i will be a journalist in the near future.yayyy!!!!

and ohh, btw, i am of southeast-asian origin. just turned 29 on the 16th of this month. am now in a great relationship with an american from the midwest. who has fab cheekbones and abs you can roll a quarter on. grrrrrr!

Edited by boybrat

it appears that the schools tend to prefer them blond backpacker types to little old me. perhaps its also because im young and ive been mistaken as a thai boy

*sighhss ... Feeling is mutual. :o

though sometimes, I get praises for sounding like a native speaker, but they say "parents might have a difficult time understanding why I look soooo thai and would complain about it." What the **** is that. Sighsss again.

as a soon to be ex-teacher, i have a bachelor's in education and did courses in child psychology, paedogogical mathematics and all that jazz. it was fabulous cos i was paid by the government to do that degree. of course, i had to sign a bond. shitty stuff that.

did my second bachelor's in mass communication while still teaching cos ive always wanted to be a journalist, (the main reason i took up teaching was so that i could earn enough to put myself through school, pursuing the degree that i had always wanted. i do not come from a very rich family, see? it cost a bomb. but i managed to do real well.and for that, i shall pat myself on the back).

juggled teaching, studying, partying, gymming, and a relationship that ended rather tragically. more on THAT later some other day. the ex did not seem to like the fact that i was independent. wanted me to drop EVERYTHING and move to london. stood my ground cos i asked him what i could do in london. teaching there was NOT an option cos them london kids are little shits. push came to shove. i wanted to do what i want to do, he got pissy. and we broke up. he called me 10 minutes before i had to make a presentation and dropped the bomb. i said ok and that was that. 2 years of shuttling back and forth for naught.

thats a bit more about little old me. all that drama!!!!!!

so yeah, i will be a journalist in the near future.yayyy!!!!

and ohh, btw, i am of southeast-asian origin. just turned 29 on the 16th of this month. am now in a great relationship with an american from the midwest. who has fab cheekbones and abs you can roll a quarter on. grrrrrr!

*You go gurl. :D LOL

I want to work in newspaper company or a publishing company, but i have no experience of "real" Journalism, but I have a masters in Development Communications... Does that help?

buki: ooooo! arent u a smart one! am still saving money to do my masters. u lucky bitch. this might sound weird, but i LIKE studying. i aim to get my masters before i reach 35. :o

honestly, i dont know, bro. cos i think that journalism is a tad different from wot u major in. but there is not harm in trying. got to warn u, the selection process was very thorough for moi.

the window for vacancies in this line is real tiny and there are many people out there with the same aspirations as you. but keep an eye open and dont forget to trawl through the papers, the internet, etc. as wot i said, you have nothing to lose, keep your current job but keep your options open. go ahead and carpe diem!

aaaaa! kate bush is now on my stereo. got to go and pretend to be cathy...