Air Asia On Sale

fishhooks

Are you saying this is the charge payable at BKK Airport if it hasn't been included in the pre-paid fare already? Thus a general rise from the long standing 700Baht for everybody!

Or the charge appearing on your Air Asia statement, just to do with Air Asia?

Edited by fishhooks

I was completly confused...nothing new, many would say...but

Accessing the Air Asia web page I saw 'special 's from Don Muang...clicked on it and the page was flights from 'Swampy". ???

Since they were offering 'all in ' fares I thought about going to Hong Kong in January..from Chiang Mai

Not possible although Macau was at 2550 baht.

Going to the normal booking page I could fly CM-HK for approx 6,000 baht.

Also I could take a cheap all in flight from CM to Bangkok and then another from Bangkok to Hong kong,,,total price appears to be about 3200 baht.

Talk about confusing !

In the end I didnt book anything.

Well if that's the case the official BKK Airport Website needs to do an update, as they are still showing the International Departure Tax @THB700!

I suspect that you may be looking at fees and charges on a ticket which would show additional amounts related to where you are flying to.

As far as Thailand itself is concerned there should be one and one only fee of THB700 for departing to an international destination.

Edited by fishhooks

not impressed with the prices - especially once the "convenience fee" baggage fee etc etc etc are added on

That's the way it is and has been for a long time now!

With LCC's you sum it all up before you hit that little button that tugs at your plastic card.

I am saying that a few month ago, I paid 700 THB airport tax when flying to Cambodia, now they suddenly charge 860 THB.

I booked a flight to Hong Kong today and the tax from BKK was still 700 Baht.

well, I just tried and this is what I got:Depart FD3712 Bangkok (BKK) to Hong Kong (HKG) Tuesday, 18 September 2012 Depart 0630 Arrive 1015 3,500.00 THB1 Guest @ 3,500.00 THB 1,000.00 THB Airport charges & fees 4,500.00 THB Total

I am saying that a few month ago, I paid 700 THB airport tax when flying to Cambodia, now they suddenly charge 860 THB.

We're talking about different charges here.

As you are quoting in the box herein, you imagine that the...... "BANGKOK AIRPORT TAX"...... has risen from B700 to B860 and with due respect the flavour of all your posts indicate that this said Airport Tax has risen by B160!

This is not the case, the tax which you quote has not risen at all, it has been B700 for quite some time now.

Unfortunately and this is the case with all airlines and their charges, the actual Airport Tax is only one component of some of the charges which apply and some other charges come in there, but are not Airport Tax. I think you will also find there is a Fuel Surcharge in there somewhere as well.

I don't like these sneaky little extras as well, but if you want your feet to leave the good earth, you (and I) are stuck with them.

More to the point is the fact than when making a booking with Air Asia, you need to tread very carefully to eliminate some little "Goodies" like seat fee's which will stick to your final total unless you eliminate them on your way through the booking process.

This is really annoying to many and often complained about, but so-far to no avail!

I'm only persisting here to correct your initial and on-going statements, that you imagine that the Bangkok Airpot Tax has risen................................................It has not and may initially confuse some!

Google as of this moment.....................

Bangkok International Airport Departure Tax | SUVARNABHUMI ...

www.airportsuvarnabhumi.com/...airport/bangkok-international-airp...Cached - Similar

You +1'd this publicly. UndoSuvarnabhumi International Airport Departure Tax (Bangkok International Airport Departure Tax) = 700 Baht Since February 1, 2007 the 700 Baht international ...

Edited by fishhooks

It is the price on the first screen, just the ticket, no specials added (they try to add them on next pages). So I wounder how did you manage to get 700 THB.

I'm not sure that I "managed to get 700 THB" rate for the airport tax, that's what it is for everybody.

I actually booked via a mobile app, that booking channel is not available now, the app doesn't give an all in fare it gives you the basic price and then details the non optional extras. My outward fare was the basic fare plus 700 Airport Tax then a 300 Baht fuel surcharge.

I have looked at their main booking page again this morning, and whilst it gives an all in fare it also gives a breakdown of the all in fare which clearly gives a total of 1,000 Baht, fuel surcharge of 300 Baht and airport tax of 700, it does lump them together at this stage but it breaks it down on the next page.

I didn't pick a seat or check baggage though of course I had to pay the processing fee of 100 Baht for using my credit card to book. My total fare was 5,436 Baht each, against 12,715 Baht on Thai, though on Thai I could load a bag free and would get a free cup of coffee.

I think my reply is a long winded way of saying that the airport tax is still 700 Baht out of Bangkok and the AA site states it quite clearly.

Edited by theoldgit

^

No point keep talking and giving info out about svarnabhumi if the flights are going from don muang

Guess what! Sir or Madam.

Won't matter if it's Suvarn or Don M.

The International Departure Tax is a country wide tax, won't matter from where you fly!

I really think now, this thread has gone as far as it's going to go as far as the International Departure Tax out of THAILAND is THB700

*********************************************************************************************

Nothing more is going to be proved here other than sore fingers from typing.

I started this thread merely to announce that there was a new Air Asia sale on-line.

Should anyone wish to run a new thread along the lines of "THE EXTRA CHARGES YOU COP WHEN FLYING AIR ASIA"

I'm sure it would be more valid than continuing this one.

Edited by fishhooks
  • Like 1

not impressed with the prices - especially once the "convenience fee" baggage fee etc etc etc are added on

It always amazes me that people are so upset by the add-ons of lo-cost carriers -- What is the point ---- do they imagine that the full service carriers do not do the same -- or more ??

The AirAsia "convenience fee" is a particular favorite of the whingers -- 100Bt.-- to handle your credit card.ohmy.png

This compares pretty favorably with the Qantas credit card fee of $60-00 per passenger.ohmy.pngohmy.png

Or the Thai Airways credit card fee of $56-04 plus a "Best service fee" of $18-95 ...... OMG !!! see attached.

100-00 Bt, credit card fee ??? God bless AirAsia !

Left click to enlarge.

post-58663-0-26590900-1342704187_thumb.j

post-58663-0-01680500-1342704315_thumb.j

Edited by tig28
  • Like 1