Thaksin’s Former Dubai Lawyer Sentenced To 3 Years For Stealing His Money

webfact

Former Thaksin's lawyer charged after stealing his money

BANGKOK, 16 July 2012 (NNT) - A Dubai court has sentenced a former lawyer of Thaksin Shinawatra for stealing the ex-Prime Minister's money during the Man City sale transaction.

According to a media website from the United Arab Emirates, www.thenational.ae, an Emirati partner and manager of a well-known Dubai law firm known as KM was acquitted of embezzlement and forgery but convicted of breach of trust.

The 45-year-old KM was Mr Thaksin’s lawyer, acting on his behalf during the sales of Man City Football Club. The report said the former lawyer took around 3 billion baht from the transaction for his personal use.

The Dubai Misdemeanors Court sentenced KM for three years for breach of trust. It was reported that the lawyer use Mr Thaksin’s money to purchase a private jet and other personal financial transactions.

Mr. KM pleaded not guilty and asked the court to consider corruption cases pending Mr Thaksin, who pressed charges against him.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-07-16 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this lawyer who has been sentenced to three years only being refered to as KM after he has been convicted when he has been named a number of times previously as Khaled al-Muhairy including here on TV.

• Like 1

Why is this lawyer who has been sentenced to three years only being refered to as KM after he has been convicted when he has been named a number of times previously as Khaled al-Muhairy including here on TV.

http://www.thaivisa....emirati-lawyer/

Now he has been sentanced maybe he will do a runner and go into exile in Thailand and manage his business from here... !!...wink.png

Now, that is funny!

I wonder if we'll ever see a Thai lawyer (in Thailand) arrested for stealing from a foreigner.

stealing from foreigner's w00t.gif That coud never happen here whistling.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by sjjmmi
  • Like 2

I wonder if we'll ever see a Thai lawyer (in Thailand) arrested for stealing from a foreigner.

stealing from foreigner's w00t.gif That coud never happen here whistling.gifcheesy.gif

Been here 13 years, and I never had anything stolen from a Thai

The only one time I had a loss here was to a foreigner.

Well done.

• Like 1

Id do 3 years for 90 million USD.

Where do I sign up????

He got 3 years for 3 million baht [uS $ 100,000]

The report said the former lawyer took around 3 billion baht from the transaction for his personal use.

I personally wouldn't do 3 years for that.

A thai lawyer or any profession for that matter convicted of "stealing" from a Falang in a Thai court?...... 0% and "convicted for three years for breach of trust " Is that a criminal offence in Thailand? I doubt it or there wouldn't be enough prisons to lock all the offenders up.laugh.png

Edited by KKvampire
  • Like 2

If you had to guess at the logic here: you'd imagine the lawyer was convinced his then client Thaksin was almost certainly going to end up in jail hence his light fingeredness might not be noticed.

• Like 1

With that kind of money

one could hire a double

to do the time for himsmile.png

Thats actually happened here in Thailand. A few years ago it was discovered that a man was serving a lengthy sentence on behalf of a wealthier person. The amount paid was something like 150,000 b.......he must of been desperate to serve time for that sort of money. I wouldnt be surprised if its more common than realised.

The report said the former lawyer took around 3 billion baht from the transaction for his personal use.

Would you do it for around a thousand times more?

• Like 1

Would you do it for around a thousand times more?

Why not...

But the lawyer was found innocent of embezzlement and forging. It doesn't say if he has to return the money,

According to Associated Press, the ex-Thai PM, TS, a criminal himself, filed his complaints against his Emirati lawyer, Khaled al-Muhairi, 45, for embezzlement, breach of trust, attempted fraud and forgery. This is going to be a case Thai people should follow closely as TS himself was widely branded as the most corrupted Thai PM ever recorded. Now that Thailand’s biggest political thief has met his match in Dubai and his dirty money was stolen from him.........This news echoes the old sayings, “There is no HONOUR among thieves” and “Trust is so rare among thieves”. Anyhow, I think this might be a case of TS’s unsuccessful negotiation with Khaled al-Muhairi to return some money to him. Charging service fees of £50mn for a £150mn deal was really too much. But Khaled might have known something that he thought worthy of such steep lawyer fees.

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=15997

Edited by waza