Snooker Shop In Bangkok?

HenryS

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I just traveled to thailand 2 days ago. I like snooker and looking for some snooker shops in thailand to buy new cues and some accessorries. Any recommend for me? Thanks in advance.

There is a great snooker/pool place that is farang friendly called FINO on Phattanarkhan soi 31, about a B70 taxi ride form lower Sukhumvit. Great pro shop, fluent in English.

They just moved a few months ago from Suk. 71.

Just to clear it up - you guys plays real "snooker" or just shoot Pool...?

Just wondering, as i play pretty good "pool" myself(Thai rules, 2shots/or ball In hand, when fuc_king up - don't have to call pockets - choose the closing pocket etc...) I would never ever wander into a real "snooker-hall" myself here, afraid of making the greatest ass of myself...

Hope there are some faring here, setting them straight - pardon my french, there but are some fuc_king good players here...

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, guys. My friend just IM me to seek for pool cues like predator. He's a pool player in US. Do they sell pool cues, too? I still wonder in new air in Bangkok now laugh.png I will check these out on this Saturday! Thank you.

So the trick, from being a "more that ok, pool player (Thai Rules)" To picking up on Snooker is: ?

Videos?

Teachers?

Courses?

Just go with the flow, and get your ass kicked x600 times in a row, a a local joint(I live very locally)?

I play Pool/Snooker local here in BKK - and i can see that the amounts of real pool tables, is decreasing - so i really need to get in to snooker, an honest reply - being one of they guys beating 80-90% of twits, you just meet in Bars/pool halls, do i have chance becoming a "decent snooker player, who won't make a fool out of him self, in a late night Thai Snooker Hall?

A quick Q and A: What are the major difference in equipment? I need different lengths of cures right?

So the trick, from being a "more that ok, pool player (Thai Rules)" To picking up on Snooker is: ?

Videos?

Teachers?

Courses?

Just go with the flow, and get your ass kicked x600 times in a row, a a local joint(I live very locally)?

I play Pool/Snooker local here in BKK - and i can see that the amounts of real pool tables, is decreasing - so i really need to get in to snooker, an honest reply - being one of they guys beating 80-90% of twits, you just meet in Bars/pool halls, do i have chance becoming a "decent snooker player, who won't make a fool out of him self, in a late night Thai Snooker Hall?

A quick Q and A: What are the major difference in equipment? I need different lengths of cures right?

"So the trick, from being a "more that ok, pool player (Thai Rules)" To picking up on Snooker is: ?"

Practice practice and practice.

If as you say you already are a "more than ok" pool player it means you already know the basics, stance grip and potting angles, 1/4 ball, 1/2 ball, potting into blind pockets.

"What are the major difference in equipment? I need different lengths of cures right?"

Pick a cue you are comfortable with, although the length will make a difference to your cue action.

Always follow through, see too many who just stab the cue ball.

At 100 baht per hour in an a/c hall snooker is one of the cheapest sports available and cheap enough for you to go into one for a couple of hours practice a couple of times per week.

Practice the same shots, put use top, stun, screw, running side, check side for example.

It sounds simple, but if you watch the really good players making a decent break they are playing simple shots one after the other.

Once you know the potting angles its all about controlling the cue ball and getting it to go in the direction you want to play your next shot.

• Like 1