Expats To Discuss With Thai Immigration Bureau

The only time we will be allowed permanent residence will be when we have to pay dearly for it. :o

Lets face it we are guests only as long as they need us. I can't say want as it's up to the infuential class and from what iv'e seen they are not keen to share. There is no way I can see falang being able to open in competition in any business they like. Much less an employee, too much trouble :D.

Overall it is a threat to the hirearchy and societies current balance of power. Anything likely to challenge or dilute that power will be unwelcome. That is a lot to do with the restrictions on immigration and visas for us falangs.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we just have to accept, as part of human nature, that any individual person, or any group of people, or any nation, will be wary of any foreigner.

There is always the possibility that the incoming foreigners will prove to be more trouble than they are worth.

There are plenty of examples to quote in support of that being the rule; and a few exceptions to it, too.

It behoves us all to try to be exceptional, and come to be seen as welcome guests, as far as possible.

I think you will find that the vast majority of farangs causing problems are not those living here trying to comply with the rules and regulations as best we can as well as trying to build a future, but those who are here using the place as a convenience - no need to spell out who they are, but it's very obvious.

All most of us are asking for is some sense of security and a fair-go - nothing more.

Edited by Artisi

similar

On the Gold Coast in Australia the Japanese were allowed to invest heavily

As the Premier then said - well when their finished they cant take it with them

He was right

the Japanese moved on and left empty buildings, condos and golf courses everywhere

Now I see buildings and golf courses everywhere in Thailand - and all around i see other welcoming countries that may be where the mass exodus will head for

who knows??