Don Muang Airport To Suvarnabhumi Airport Link

Hi

I looked through the previous recent posts, and this did not appeared to be covered clearly, ( there is a topic on rail link)

I am due to arrive at Don Muang domestic airport, day time.

I need to travel to Suvarnabhumi International airport by bus.

Could someone please confirm the bus services linking these two airports and advise where the bus stop is at Don Muang.

Much appreciated in advance

Thanks

Bus and mini vans (if small luggage) are available. The bus stop is easy to find if you take the pedestrian overpass which links T1 to DM rail station, just exit down to Vihavadi rd. The time of the day will dictate your travel time but expect at least an hour to 90+mins. (see list linked)

I listed all of the various transport options (in reverse) on another forum yesterday as I had too much time on my hands, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/568384-transport-possibilities-between-the-two-bangkok-airports/#entry5491912

If you bus or mini van it from DMK to BKK airport you'll end up at the Transport Terminal Center and just take a shuttle bus (though some mini vans do drop pax direct at the terminal).

Hi

many thanks for the information.

My problem is that I am taking quite a heavy bag, approaching 20 kilos.

So I would find it difficult to man handle this to and over the pedestrian overpass.

I have time to kill so speed is not a problem.

Ideally to be able to get on a bus or minibus at Don Muang

Any further advice?

Thanks in advance

Hi, many thanks for the information.

My problem is that I am taking quite a heavy bag, approaching 20 kilos. So I would find it difficult to man handle this to and over the pedestrian overpass.

I have time to kill so speed is not a problem. Ideally to be able to get on a bus or minibus at Don Muang

Any further advice? Thanks in advance

If you still want to take the bus (or mini van - though you'll pay for 2 seats, 1 for your bag) then even a 20kg is not that bad.

The enclosed pedestrian link at T1 links DM railway station and a hotel. You can access it at the NW corner of T1 via either stairs of a lift. You would then need to walk down a flight of stairs to Vihavadi rd with your bag and the bus stop is just near there.

If that seems unreasonable (20kgs seems ok to me but I understand it may not be for all) , then just exit at arrival/ground level and walk west through the car area to Vihavadi rd. From memory there is a small gate near the bus stop but I cannot confirm that the gate is right adjacent to the bus stop as I never took a bus from there (I have driven by and walked above it).

However, it makes sense that it would be directly adjacent as airport workers have used this bus stop for decades. (there is basically a bus stop on Vihavadi rd for each terminal: T1, T2 & the old domestic).

That is the most info I can provide but perhaps someone else can confirm?

Take a taxi and fix the fare before leaving; should be possible for THB 500 (USD 16-17)

Crazy advice and actually unlawful. There is never any need to "fix the fare". The rate you quote is twice what a normal fare would be. If you want to get ripped off then go for it....

• 3 weeks later...

Take a taxi and fix the fare before leaving; should be possible for THB 500 (USD 16-17)

Crazy advice and actually unlawful. There is never any need to "fix the fare". The rate you quote is twice what a normal fare would be. If you want to get ripped off then go for it....

agreed,,,,please stop overpaying...no wonder taxis dont want to pick up fares...they are looking for suckers...

Edited by trajan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1.you do NOT need to cros the overpass FROM DMK-that for the other way (coming from SVP) and only IF on the bright orange big citybus.

2. I wonder why people are all so anxious to know NOW exactly how it will be over 2 month-TIT=THis is Thailand and things WILL change. For a start a new dedicated shuttle transfer bus has been promised-both by AoT and by AA=AirAisia. No doubt-if it materialises, it will be signposted, there will be staff on hand to direct you (who ever would have thought that of for TH?) and there will be a stop in the old taxirank/nearby-without any need to negotiate steps, roads, passes etc.

3. the big CITY bus by BMTA: route 555, bright orange, and also the 554, bright yellow (cost 33 bt) does stop on the big main road and runs to/from Rangsit. take whatever comes first, there may be one slightly faster, but in BKKs traffic these are always unpredticatble factors. They end at the BUSstation in swampy-where you transfer to the white shuttlebus airport to AIRterminal-free-ev 10 mins, first ARRivals, then loops up and does departures-strangely enough.

Heres a fast alternative. Airport link to Makassan, switch to MRT. Off @

Pohan Yotin and straight shot to DM, est B125 taxi. Est 1 hour to PY.

My hunch is taxi is abt 325++ Swampy to DM

The fast alternative is not quite what the OP was looking for, he is coming from DM and going to Swampy, just needs reversing, but then you might as well take a taxi all the way.

There'll be hundreds disadavantaged by a two airport system.

I envisage a regular dedicated Bus Shuttle between the airports, door to door.

This should provide fequency and certaintly, but until it's been arranged and implemented we're subject to messy options.

There'll be hundreds disadavantaged by a two airport system.

I envisage a regular dedicated Bus Shuttle between the airports, door to door.

This should provide fequency and certaintly, but until it's been arranged and implemented we're subject to messy options.

You don't need to envisage it, the AOT already announced 3 months ago that there will be a airport to airport dedicated bus service from 1 Oct. Obviously, the demand will warrant. Until that time though there are numerous others options.

• 4 months later...

I took the free airport shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang on 22nd Dec 2012. Very convenient. It's between gate 2 and gate 3 on the 2nd floor. There's a family mart just inside gate 2 - good for a quick snack/drink.

I took the 10 am bus and since it was peak holiday time the bus was full - every single seat taken and many others queued up for the next bus. The driver was helpful in getting peoples bags on board too. The drive took 55 minutes and it was a 2 minute walk to the check in counters at DM.

Here is the schedule for the rides - the same schedule applies for Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang & vice versa

05:00

06:00

07:00

08:00

09:00

10:00

10:40

11:20

12:00

12:40

13:20

14:00

14:20

15:00

15:20

16:00

16:20

17:00

17:20

18:00

18:20

19:00

19:20

19:40

20:00

20:20

20:40

21:00

21:30

22:00

23:00

24:00

• 4 months later...

Hi there, we land at suvarnabhumi at 7:45am , and have a flight to catch from dmk at 11:00 am. Do u think its enough time or are we in a fix?? Also what would be the best preffered route for us.Last question do they allow us to check in our baggage for a flight at dmk from suvarnabhumi?. Thank you

Hi there, we land at suvarnabhumi at 7:45am , and have a flight to catch from dmk at 11:00 am. Do u think its enough time or are we in a fix?? Also what would be the best preffered route for us.Last question do they allow us to check in our baggage for a flight at dmk from suvarnabhumi?. Thank you

you could have a problem. by the time you get off the plane could be 8.00 or even later,if your a hour in customs and collecting bags it will be 9.10 or after. then your travel to dmk in morning traffic. you might just make it but depends what time they close check in before flight. i usually gave 3 hours when i had a connecting internal flight and i didn't have to change airports . you would need to take a taxi to have any chance of making it

you cannot check in bags at suvarnabhumi if flying from dmk

Edited by irishken
  • Like 1

You should be ok. I did that journey in about 45 minutes by taxi (might take you a bit longer at that time of the day). You might consider paying for one of the fast track immigration services that are available at Suvarnabhumi . You don't want to spend an hour in the queue :)

Taxi is your best bet for the journey.

And I'm fairly sure that they won't check your bags in at one airport for a flight at another. Even if they did, I wouldn't do it.

How will they get them there faster than you can?

• 2 weeks later...

Always check the date of these posts.

As of April 2013, Don Muang has a FREE dedicated shuttle bus to Suvarnabhumi. Bus takes about 45 minutes. Taxi takes longer due to the heavy traffic.

2nd floor food courts (one on each end) inside are passable, but cost 2 to 3 times normal rates (airport pricing). However, outside to the LEFT is a food court for airport employees and all others at fair prices!

As of April 2013, Don Muang has a FREE dedicated shuttle bus to Suvarnabhumi. Bus takes about 45 minutes.

Free shuttle bus has been running since October 1st, 2012.

As of April 2013, Don Muang has a FREE dedicated shuttle bus to Suvarnabhumi. Bus takes about 45 minutes. Taxi takes longer due to the heavy traffic.

Please explain how the taxi takes longer than the bus? How is it that the bus is not affected by the same 'heavy traffic' which the taxi has to go through?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys my mother is fling home on the 14th and will arrive don muang 6:35pm and needs to get to suvarnabhumi as her BA flight is at 12:10 on the 15th. Now she is getting on and a little worried about the transfer. Would some one please explain in detail if they could at where she has to go to get the free transfer? Ease

Thanks.

Ok guys my mother is fling home on the 14th and will arrive don muang 6:35pm and needs to get to suvarnabhumi as her BA flight is at 12:10 on the 15th. Now she is getting on and a little worried about the transfer. Would some one please explain in detail if they could at where she has to go to get the free transfer? Ease

Thanks.

Tell your mum not to worry at all!

Plenty of time for that fling, a meal and to wander aimlessly killing time. Most people report doing the trip in under 1 hr even at peak but being a Friday night it might be longer say 1:15ish?. She will be fine.

Don't forget the info in this thread re: trip reports and pics, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/593821-don-mueang-suvarnabhumi-free-airport-shuttle-trip-report/