Goat Meat

Chainsaw

I've tried many different kinds of food in my past travels but I realised the other day that I've never eaten goat meat.

Does anyone know of a restaurant on Phuket serving goat meat dishes? Alternatively where can I buy goat meat to cook my own dishes?

There's a guy on Cape Panwa (off the main road to Ao Makham) in the area of the FIFA football facility that slaughters and sells goat. You're likely to find it in the Muslim communities of the east coast, if you can either ask one of the locals or get someone else to ask for you.

There's a guy on Cape Panwa (off the main road to Ao Makham) in the area of the FIFA football facility that slaughters and sells goat. You're likely to find it in the Muslim communities of the east coast, if you can either ask one of the locals or get someone else to ask for you.

Yes. This guy also has lamb and has a small sign on the road.

Fresh goats milk also.

Edited by hansgruber

youve got to be KIDDING ,hahahahahah,get it goat kidding hahahahahaaha

Fresh goats milk also.

That's good to know .Cheers.Someone has asked me to make them some some Goat's milk cheese.Any better directions please.

Makro

I've seen ostrich, crocodile but never spotted goat meat. I'll have another look next time I'm there.

i love goat meat but what i bought at makro was not fit for a dog,goat meat ideal for stews and curry's

Fresh goats milk also.

That's good to know .Cheers.Someone has asked me to make them some some Goat's milk cheese.Any better directions please.

Roughly near the star. There is a sign at the start of a crappy driveway. Goat and lamb farm or something.

post-147411-134262267238_thumb.jpg

post-147411-134262270405_thumb.jpg

Makro

I've seen ostrich, crocodile but never spotted goat meat. I'll have another look next time I'm there.

Its usually there but not always they also have deer, rabbit, frog and other meats you cannot get elsewhere

its interesting looking through the freezers there you never know what you will find

Makro

i love goat meat but what i bought at makro was not fit for a dog,goat meat ideal for stews and curry's

Young goat tastes great if you buy the right cut or roast a whole small one

Mature goat meat can be very tough depending on its age

Fresh goats milk also.

Roughly near the star. There is a sign at the start of a crappy driveway. Goat and lamb farm or something.

Cheers Hans

Yes Makro meat not the best but alright if you slow cook it.

Same as the rabbit they stock, needs long slow cooking.Made a rabbit stew the other week it took 3 hrs of slow cooking.

have a look at all of the tiny muslim restaurants and shops. the ladies often brew up a pot of goat curry and sell it out in portions. i've also goat curry at the sunday market in rawai.

Makro

Young goat tastes great if you buy the right cut or roast a whole small one

Mature goat meat can be very tough depending on its age

I've eaten goat (kid) many times in Perth. Most Italian restaurants there serve it as "capretto". It's served as a stew and is quite a fatty meat, but delicious.

Haven't seen it on menus in Phuket.

have a look at all of the tiny muslim restaurants and shops. the ladies often brew up a pot of goat curry and sell it out in portions. i've also goat curry at the sunday market in rawai.

Yep...I love the goat curry in Roti

Going to check out the place to buy the meat fresh as well...sounds good.

• Like 1