Best Way To Ship To Chiangmai?

sbaker8688

I need to ship something to Chiangmai, largish box between 20kg-25kg. I need the location and directions to a place that will ship for me.

I am located near BTS Ratchatevi.

My first priority is convenience, meaning how easy is it to get to, does the place speak english, are there gonna be long lines, will they help me box and pack it, etc?

My second priority is cost.

This does not need to be speed delivery or air mail, it can be slow.

Any answer is fine as long as it meets the first priority (I will accept government post office, UPS, etc).

Thanks for any help.

Just use the nearest post office.

Last year we bought a kitchen from Homeworks for 'er' indoors' parents house refurbishment up north.

Dropped off all the units (many of varying sizes) into the post office on Patong beach. They were delivered 5 days later. Unbelievably inexpensive and considerably more heavy than 25 kilos per unit.

Edited by prophet01

Just use the nearest post office.

Last year we bought a kitchen from Homeworks for 'er' indoors' parents house refurbishment up north.

Dropped off all the units (many of varying sizes) into the post office on Patong beach. They were delivered 5 days later. Unbelievably inexpensive and considerably more heavy than 25 kilos per unit.

I second that.

just mailed a big 28 kg suitcase from bangkok to chiang rai for 450 baht including 10,000 baht of insurance...got there in 5 days...that was for pickup at the cr post office...if you want it delivered to your doorstep there is some additional charge....

There are two bus companies at Indra Square (Baiyoke 2) that will ship overnight to Chiang Mai. One is called Indra Tour (or Intra Tour) and is located in the row of shops very close to Baiyoke 2). You bring it there by 5 in the afternoon and it will arrive in Chiang Mai in the morning. The cost varies with the size of package. Probably about 500 baht for 25 kilos. It can be picked up at their drop off point in CM. A little hard to find if you don't know where it is. They don't speak English and for packing they will direct you to folk that hang around that area selling packing supplies. Again, none to very little english. But service is quick and cheap. You really just need to show them the box and say "Chiang Mai". And they will give you a price. You write your name and phone number on it and in the morning it will be in CM. The pick up spot in CM is near the Night Bazaar.