Experimenting With Thai Recipes & Cooking

8milesfromhome

My Wife and I have always enjoyed cooking and photography,

Now that we live in Thailand we went out and bought a few recipe books and started experimenting with Thai Recipes. There are some really lovely dishes out here that we'd never heard of until we actually moved here.

Like Mieng Kham, we had these little explosive packets of flavour at a friends house cooked by a Thai cook named Khun Pranom. The taste was so unique it has become part of our regular diet ever since.

We made a little collection of our favourite thai recipes and started taking professional photos and making step by step guides to recreating the dishes at home. Here are the most recent:

Khai Jiaw - Simple Thai Omelette with Fish sauce, Soy sauce and Coriander. Served with Rice.

Fuk-Tong Pad Khai - Stir Fried Thai Pumpkin with Egg.

Mieng Kham - Betel Leaves packed with Raw ginger, Lime pieces, Peanuts, Shredded roast coconut, Chilli, Shallots with Plum sauce.

&

Yum Khai Dao - Thai Fried Egg Salad, Fried Eggs with a delicious spicy limey sauce drizzled on top made from garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, coriander and chilli.

We adapted the recipes a little to our taste and also because of not being able to get all the ingredients locally sometimes.

We highly recommend you try making these dishes if you've not before.

Our full recipes with photos are listed here: http://8milesfromhom...com/thairecipes

http://8milesfromhom...com/thairecipes

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else we could try?

Hope you Enjoy!

If you like larb I recommend trying larb tod (fried larb). Not the healthiest dish because of the frying but absolutely delicious and great as a beer snack. I haven't seen it all that much but in my experience it's usually made with pork, although using duck could be good too.

Just decided, my mission for this evening is to find some smile.png

Enjoy

All of these are easy- medium easy to make, and aroy mak mak:

Clams in Yellow Curry Sauce

Clams, wokked (Hoy Lai Ped)

Clear Noodles (Gaeng Joot Woon Sen)

Corn & Pork Fritters (Todman Khao Phod)

Pumpkin Curry (Gang Bu-ard Fuk Tong)

Curry Steamed Seafood (Hor Muk Talay)

Curry Steamed Pork (Hor Muk Moo)

Pork Rice Cakes (Koa Pan Hor Moo Tod)

Salted Egg Salad (Salad Yum Kai Kem)

Chicken with Cashews (Gai Pad Mahmoon Himmapan)

Good Luck!

Edited by Michaelaway