Thailand Teacher Holidays

Normally 3-4 weeks in October, and then from around early-mid march until mid may

But each school varies it a little and will have different stipulations e.g. Some ppl need to sign in every day they aren't working, others will have "special" classes added during the holidays, others allow you to have free time and are flexible. Your best bet is to talk to the school first, or just book your flight and tell them you're unavailable during that period

I've been searching for this answer too so i can book my flights.

I plan on just turning up in (Surin Issan) and and enquiring at local school, colleges etc. I want to do it this way so hopefully I can find employment in an area which more suitable rather than just applying to job adverts

Thinking of arriving mid October and returning end of March, problem is if i arrive too early schools will be closed if i arrive too late term will have started.

Edited by 30sLad

IMO arrive mid September, school will still be open etc and give you time to at least meet the school directors before they disappear during the october holidays, you could then start with the new term in November.

As if you arrive in october and want to start the new term, directors may be away etc and then you miss out. Likewise they might not have time to change all of the new term timetables if you arrive too late in oct

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sly

Unfortunately due to work commitments in the UK I Can't arrive til mid Oct (saving up in case i don't find a job).

When are the jobs usually advertised for the second semester?

When looking through the job adverts they often state immediate start which is why i was hoping to just turn up and start work!