That Age Difference Question Again

MrHammer

some of the other parts of the forum where i post a lot. (im too fat forum

I always thought that you had a 'fit body'. blink.png

I feel im too fat and need to loose weight. Everyone always assumes in in perfect shape. I want to sport a 6 pack (not beer). I am quite slim and got reasonable muscles but im work in progress.

Besides i love sharing knowledge there about training and food to help others.

The image that i use as an avatar is an inside joke

To dont know squat = to be stupid

But squat is also a gym exercise

So an extreme musclehead is doing that exercise and says he is not stupid.

Its a word joke and i liked it.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What woman who has anything going for herself would marry a penniless farang? This true love business is way overhyped. I would seriously question a woman's intelligence who would marry a poor farang. Perhaps there are some who can see that her farang has no money now but that he has some serious potential to make some money.

It may not be all about money, but money certainly greases the rails. My wife can easily get along without me but I'm 100 percent sure that she wouldn't have married me if she knew that she would have to support me.

My wife/gf and me both pay our own way. This way i know its not a money issue. I feel better that way. I did the same with other gf's both in Thailand and the Netherlands. Does not mean i wont help out or such.. just want to make sure money is not an issue... but i think your right no girl would marry a guy who she has to support. Strange thing is many guys do marry girls they have to support.

When I do retire, with my Mrs, hopefully in the next twenty years. When the kids are university, when we have enough money in the bank. Great. I look forward to this time. I won't for one moment worry that she is with me for money, as we are from the same background (I'm two years older, college educated same as her) and we have lived together for a long time. Some of that time I have been out of work. some of the time she has been out of work. She helped me. I helped her. We helped each other. But most of all we helped our children.

Men that come over to Thailand and marry a woman twenty years younger than themselves are quite free to do so. They have worked hard all their life and should enjoy the prizes that their money brings.

But will they have the memories, the same sense of unity, and struggle?

The same sense of accomplishment?

Have they built a life together?

Edited by Geekfreaklover

What woman who has anything going for herself would marry a penniless farang? This true love business is way overhyped. I would seriously question a woman's intelligence who would marry a poor farang. Perhaps there are some who can see that her farang has no money now but that he has some serious potential to make some money.

It may not be all about money, but money certainly greases the rails. My wife can easily get along without me but I'm 100 percent sure that she wouldn't have married me if she knew that she would have to support me.

My wife/gf and me both pay our own way. This way i know its not a money issue. I feel better that way. I did the same with other gf's both in Thailand and the Netherlands. Does not mean i wont help out or such.. just want to make sure money is not an issue... but i think your right no girl would marry a guy who she has to support. Strange thing is many guys do marry girls they have to support.

netherlands, went there for a time, amsterdamn.

wasthere to conduct a seminar, lovely place

i blame HAMMER he started this and hasnt been back since,,lol,

He is a great one, i have made topics like this before but they were always moved to the pub where nobody reads them.

Ahh ... The Pub Forum ... the 3rd Division.

It's fun down there ... but robblok, you are right ... nowhere near the traffic that General gets.

Women (and men) consider many factors when choosing partners.

Wealth and youth are just a couple of these considerations, nothing more.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Agree. There is a primal urge that one senses when seeing a beautiful woman cross the road. Women have that primal urge too. Just not towards fat old men. A different part of brain is at play when women calculate to shack up with a man twice as old as them. It has nothing to do with romance or attraction. It has everything to do with paying the bills.

• Like 1

Mkay... So if the west is so good why do most of the old geezers stay with their pretty, young and loving wives in LOS then?

Could it be because they and their pretty, young and loving wives, prefer the food and the climate? because they made the choice to stay in Thailand? because they have all they are due and require from the systems in the west?

Im just going to add one thing,

when i was married in england, my ex wife never worked, ive allways had good paid jobs, i was a welder off shore/pipelines, ect,

now i bought our house we had a joint bank account that only me paid into, but she spent more then me, she stayed at home to bring our kids up while i was away working, not just in england but all over the world,

now my life in thailand is just the same as it was then, apart from my beautiful thai wife when im away works very hard with her mama on our pig farm, i dont have to send money, the farm keeps her,

to be honest they could manage without me now, the farm is up and running, yes ive put the money into the farm,, but like i say i paid for everything in england,

so for the life of me i cant see the differance, i really cant,

ive had a warning over my posts on here, so ill say sorry to others but not to the one who the posts were sent to,

so if these offended anyone else ill take my cap off and say sorry

jake

• Like 2

What woman who has anything going for herself would marry a penniless farang?

"What woman who has anything going for herself would marry a penniless farang?" ... good old fashioned love ... wub.png ... rare, but has happened you know.

• Like 2

Im just going to add one thing,

when i was married in england, my ex wife never worked, ive allways had good paid jobs, i was a welder off shore/pipelines, ect,

now i bought our house we had a joint bank account that only me paid into, but she spent more then me, she stayed at home to bring our kids up while i was away working, not just in england but all over the world,

now my life in thailand is just the same as it was then, apart from my beautiful thai wife when im away works very hard with her mama on our pig farm, i dont have to send money, the farm keeps her,

to be honest they could manage without me now, the farm is up and running, yes ive put the money into the farm,, but like i say i paid for everything in england,

so for the life of me i cant see the differance, i really cant,

ive had a warning over my posts on here, so ill say sorry to others but not to the one who the posts were sent to,

so if these offended anyone else ill take my cap off and say sorry

jake

pigeonjake seems seems legit to me, not that i am the relationship judge.

What woman who has anything going for herself would marry a penniless farang?

"What woman who has anything going for herself would marry a penniless farang?" ... good old fashioned love ... wub.png ... rare, but has happened you know.

Please change your avatar!

It's creepy as hell!

a question to guest house if you dont mind,

why did you come to thailand,?

i for one did ok with the women in england, i lived with a former miss gainsborough, (i know its a little town,,lol, ).......

I came to Thailand because I got posted here by my employers. When I got a better offer to go elsewhere I went elsewhere, when I got an even better offer to come back to Thailand I came back. I'm not here for the cold beer, luke warm women or culture and temples.... I'm here for the money.

Gainsborough is indeed a small town... but the world seems to be smaller.

Here's something I find curious.

There have been a lot of replies giving the basis of old foreign guy /young Thai woman relationships (beyond money), laudable attributes of these relationships have included, companionship, respect, love, fun. Conspicuous by its absence is any claim of equity.

The reason I find this curious, and why I think it is important, is that the absence of equity and the presence of a pressing financial imperative creates a natural imbalance which of course those whom it favours are unlikely to criticise or even see fault with.

I absolutely accept that a less mature, financially dependent girlfriend/wife might very well be appealing to a certain mindset.

• Like 1

When I do retire, with my Mrs, hopefully in the next twenty years. When the kids are university, when we have enough money in the bank. Great. I look forward to this time. I won't for one moment worry that she is with me for money, as we are from the same background (I'm two years older, college educated same as her) and we have lived together for a long time. Some of that time I have been out of work. some of the time she has been out of work. She helped me. I helped her. We helped each other. But most of all we helped our children.

Men that come over to Thailand and marry a woman twenty years younger than themselves are quite free to do so. They have worked hard all their life and should enjoy the prizes that their money brings.

But will they have the memories, the same sense of unity, and struggle?

The same sense of accomplishment?

Have they built a life together?

Your wife will leave you once the kids are grown up, she will want a younger man, happens all the time to people in your age group, all over the world, they roll along thinking everything is fine, then bang! bolt out of the blue she takes off with a younger guy, bored with your predictable daily routine, craves more excitement, if she does not leave it will only be the joint assets that make her stay, all older women prefer a younger man, of course this does not happen to all the people in your age group, but you are deluding yourself if you think this is not the case.

Just toooooo easy to generalise and paint with a broad strokes isn't it? I almost believe it myself! smile.png

a question to guest house if you dont mind,

why did you come to thailand,?

i for one did ok with the women in england, i lived with a former miss gainsborough, (i know its a little town,,lol, ).......

I came to Thailand because I got posted here by my employers. When I got a better offer to go elsewhere I went elsewhere, when I got an even better offer to come back to Thailand I came back. I'm not here for the cold beer, luke warm women or culture and temples.... I'm here for the money.

Gainsborough is indeed a small town... but the world seems to be smaller.

I originally came to Thailand for the money too. I also returned to the US because of money. The difference is that I came back to Thailand to live because I WANTED to. During the time I first lived here, I had no idea that it would get in my blood. I was quite happy to leave and thought I would never come back. Sometimes the grass looks greener but it often turns out not to be that way, I know.

There have been a lot of replies giving the basis of old foreign guy /young Thai woman relationships (beyond money), laudable attributes of these relationships have included, companionship, respect, love, fun. Conspicuous by its absence is any claim of equity.

The reason I find this curious, and why I think it is important, is that the absence of equity and the presence of a pressing financial imperative creates a natural imbalance which of course those whom it favours are unlikely to criticise or even see fault with.

I absolutely accept that a less mature, financially dependent girlfriend/wife might very well be appealing to a certain mindset.

Good grief, everybody who marries must be of equal age, financial standing, similar background?

I absolutely accept there are those who have no sense of fun, creativity, or sense of adventure, and place financial equity above all other considerations when choosing a wife

Some of you are assuming a direct correlation between good looks and youth, which is not reality. Some old men are handsome and some young guys are ugly.

Anyway, youth (or looks if you want to make the connection) and wealth / money are just a couple of many factors that women consider when choosing a partner.

Other factors include: charm, sense of humour, intelligence, knowledge of the world, self-confidence, self-control, honesty, loyalty, empathy, good manners, ambitions, romantic tendencies, willingness and ability to commit time to a relationship, common interests, politics, religion and outlook on life, lack of vices or addictions (drinking, smoking, drugs, gambling, etc), life baggage (ex-wives, children, etc), quality of close friends, sexual compatibility, respectability of career / profession, family standing and class.

These were just the obvious ones but there are many many more. Also remember that each woman has unique preferences, which vary over time depending on circumstances.

Anyway, I hope I have made my point that many posts on this thread (and the topic itself) are characterised by over simplification of what is in fact an extremely complicated subject.

• Like 2

when choosing a partner ... factors include: charm, sense of humour, intelligence, knowledge of the world, self-confidence, self-control, honesty, loyalty, empathy, good manners, ambitions, romantic tendencies, willingness and ability to commit time to a relationship, common interests, politics, religion and outlook on life, lack of vices or addictions (drinking, smoking, drugs, gambling, etc), life baggage (ex-wives, children, etc), quality of close friends, sexual compatibility, respectability of career / profession, family standing and class.

My Lassie said that she was impressed that I could wash and iron clothes ... thumbsup.gif

But disappointed with my cooking prowess ... said that I could burn water ... goof.gif

Some of you are assuming a direct correlation between good looks and youth, which is not reality. Some old men are handsome and some young guys are ugly.

Anyway, youth (or looks if you want to make the connection) and wealth / money are just a couple of many factors that women consider when choosing a partner.

Other factors include: charm, sense of humour, intelligence, knowledge of the world, self-confidence, self-control, honesty, loyalty, empathy, good manners, ambitions, romantic tendencies, willingness and ability to commit time to a relationship, common interests, politics, religion and outlook on life, lack of vices or addictions (drinking, smoking, drugs, gambling, etc), life baggage (ex-wives, children, etc), quality of close friends, sexual compatibility, respectability of career / profession, family standing and class.

These were just the obvious ones but there are many many more. Also remember that each woman has unique preferences, which vary over time depending on circumstances.

Anyway, I hope I have made my point that many posts on this thread (and the topic itself) are characterised by over simplification of what is in fact an extremely complicated subject.

I take your point, I have noticed that some posters in an attempt to accentuate their point, expand the waistline of the old guys to their own specification smile.png

Good grief, everybody who marries must be of equal age, financial standing, similar background?

I absolutely accept there are those who have no sense of fun, creativity, or sense of adventure, and place financial equity above all other considerations when choosing a wife

Forgive me I did not say financial equity - I said a lack of equity (of which finances are only one part) and the existence of a financial imperative to the relationship.

The existence of equity would not preclude a sense of fun, creativity or adventure but generally does preclude a range of imbalances in favour of one partner over another. But as I said, the partner who benefits from this imbalance is hardly going to question the matter.

If all the old codgers come to Thailand to get a young wife/gf that they would have no hope of getting in their own country, please tell me why the young guys come here? The fact of the matter is that most of you are here for exactly the same reason. The difference is us old guys are restricted because of our age in our own countries, what's the young guys excuse? Let me guess, lack of social skills, ugly as a hatful, dumb as a post? Judging by the young guys responses to some of these posts, it's pretty obvious that at least two out of those three apply.

I came here eventually after putting it off for years. This city is a dump.

I met my wife while at university in the UK doing a Engineering degree. So must likely not dumb as a post.

I was going out with a 19 year old blonde with 36D tits and a tiny waist at the time. So probably none of the others above either. thumbsup.gifsmile.png

I do have wind problem after a few beers though.

Oh and I would guess many of the young guys are here for work the same as many of the older guys.

Forgive me I did not say financial equity - I said a lack of equity (of which finances are only one part) and the existence of a financial imperative to the relationship.

The existence of equity would not preclude a sense of fun, creativity or adventure but generally does preclude a range of imbalances in favour of one partner over another. But as I said, the partner who benefits from this imbalance is hardly going to question the matter.

Good luck to all you guys with your balanced equity (of which finances are only one part) smile.png

I would say it depends? There are some regions where loyalty still resides, depends where they come from....... Depends if they have been trashed by a former husband, or lover...... Maybe it just depends on the Husband....... biggrin.png Or even where they come from in Thailand, it is a personal decision, we are right or we are wrong........ My rule of thumb? Never played South, always went North...... But that was to my liking....

kilosierra...... Best wishes to all of you in doubt wai.gif It is always a decision..... Best advice keep your ducks in a row, eyes open, and wake up with a WOODIE for her........every morning....... OH YEAH w00t.gif