Last Will And Testament ( Attorneys ) - Referrals Bkk

hawthorne

Morning everyone - We are heading to Thailand for our yearly vacation ( Month of August )and in need of a good Attorney to draw up our Last Will and Testament. I have seen lots of advertisements but would prefer to to have some recommendtions. Everyone seems so knowledgeable and full of great experience I would appreciate the advice.

I did look through old content but not satisfied.

Thanks,

Hawthorne

(1) You use the term "Will" - singular. Best practice is to have two wills, one relating to your estate in Thailand, the other to your estate in the rest of the world according to the law of your home country.

(2) I think you should indicate how complex your Thailand will will be. No point in engaging an expensive, top-notch lawyer if you're leaving all your Thai estate to just one or two individuals.

I used Sunbelt and was very happy with their service. Personally, its a shame we have to use lawyers just to sign their name on a piece of paper. Such is the world we live.

There is no requirement to use a lawyer. If you used one then it was your choice.

I used Sunbelt and was very happy with their service.

I used Sunbelt and was not happy with their service. Even though I wanted to leave all my assets in Thailand to a single party I was told that this wasn't possible, and that I had to list all of my assets individually. (This was in the main body of the will, not in an annex.) I thought this rather ridiculous. Am I expected to have my will updated every time I change my car or open a new bank account? Another lawyer was able to provide me with what I wanted, so I suspect that the opinion of Sunbelt on this occasion was legally dubious.