Sources Of Finance For Expats Buying Used Big Bikes

bbradsby

Lining up to get a bike... visa, income, work permit, banking history over a few years... but am not finding much info on Thaivisa, surprisingly. Does anyone has info on sources of used big bike finance for expats? If so, please post in this thread, as I'm sure I'm not alone in this search. Thanks in advance!

Kawasaki will do it for you.. Where are you located?

Kawasaki doesn't sell used bikes, nor do they do loans, used or new. They do work closely with a finance company though. Perhaps that's what you meant? It was Ayuthya Auto Loans when I last financed with them. I believe they still us them as the last time I was in there I saw the same agent that still calls me by name when he see's me. I know Ducati also has financing available but I don't know through what lender.

Tisco is the only company that I know of that does used motorcycle loans for expats. Not a personal loan. The bike will be the banks bike until you complete payments, although the book will be in your name, they keep the book. It wasn't a good rate at all when I looked into it.

Why not just get a personal loan from your bank back home, interest rates are a little high at 4.5-5%....but if thats your only choice, its not so bad....

There's always some credit card company offering 0% interest for 15-18 months, when the promotion expires find another 0% interest deal and do a balance transfer, if there are no balance transfer fees...you'd need to get someone to mail you the card from back home though.

If your over 30 and have good credit (700 + on Experian), your limit should be sufficient to buy a bike outright, if not it'll take 6 months to ask for a limit increase. You can also split the cost of the bike between cards.

In case you are clueless of the cost of ownership a big bike,

changing i tyre is no longer a couple of hundred baht like the scooter, it's 4000,

a broken starter is no longer a couple of hundred baht, it's 20.000

likewise for battery etc etc, chrome etc etc in eternity,

i strongly advice against if you can't even afford to buy it,

the cost of keeping it up is more than buying it,

• Like 2

Yamaha Big Bikes in Bangkok sell second hand big bikes and do the finance, insurance and rego for you. I have bought 4 bikes from them over the last 10 yrs and never had a problem. Their service and planned trips away are great and there servicing of the machines is second to no one. They also have 2 free course's for riders at the Yamaha Riding Academy at the Yamaha Factory, situated at Bangnar. There is the Big Bike Basic Course and the Big Bike Advanced course. Both courses go for 2 days and all bikes, helmets, elbow and knee guards/pads are supplied. You get free lunches, drinks, 2 polo shirts, one for each day, a cap and lots more. When you complete the course you are supplied with a certificate from Yamaha Big Bike Academy. Great team of instructors go out of their way to help you, cant praise them enough.

You don't have to purchase a new bike from them, you can take your existing Yamaha to ride during the course if you please.

Edited by OZEMADE

Dealer finance is evidently easier, as the vendor is suitably motivated to ease the bikes out the door!

Anybody know some names of lenders for used big bikes where the machine is from a private seller?

It is no different than back home where ever that may be.

Proper ID

Here legally and able to stay long term (for atleast the term of the loan)

Can work legally

Have a job and good history

Have good credit

Have the ability to pay back the loan and have enough income to live

If it is yes to all of those you will not have any problems just like home !

changing i tyre is no longer a couple of hundred baht like the scooter, it's 4000,

+1. You can't afford it now. Even to think of buying it on credit implies you'll probably neglect the maintenance, somehow allow it to be stolen, or have an accident before you finish payments. Seen the mentality before.

Buy cash.

+1. You can't afford it now. Even to think of buying it on credit implies you'll probably neglect the maintenance, somehow allow it to be stolen, or have an accident before you finish payments. Seen the mentality before.

Buy cash.

What shit. Just because you buy on finance does not mean you neglect the machine or arrange to have it stolen. What a moronic statement.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

all i know, nearly every second hand big bike shop is affiliated with a finance company or bank and they do finance but asking lot's of documents and of course an advance but the rates are super high man.

just ask them.

I don't think they are super high at all, Yamaha Big Bikes bangkok, on new or second hand bikes charge 3.75% interest per year. I have the paperwork here in front of me.

all i know, nearly every second hand big bike shop is affiliated with a finance company or bank and they do finance but asking lot's of documents and of course an advance but the rates are super high man.

just ask them.

I don't think they are super high at all, Yamaha Big Bikes bangkok, on new or second hand bikes charge 3.75% interest per year. I have the paperwork here in front of me.

I think he was talking about the shops that do it monthly at 1.5 to 2.5 per month.

Interesting that Yamahas rate is the same new or 2nd hand.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

just ask them.

i was talking about second hand small big bike shops. Official shops selling brand new bikes or even used ones offer less interest guys as for banks, it is easier and safer to make business with them therefore less interest.

Edited by loserlazer

Buy cash.

What shit. Just because you buy on finance does not mean you neglect the machine or arrange to have it stolen. What a moronic statement.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Ap

Yeah, that is probably the most stupid statement i have heard this week.

Buy cash.

where did this come from, can I suggest than in motorcycle vernacular the brain be put into gear before rolling forward with postings......

• Like 1

Buy cash.

Ye clueless, off-topic, insult-posting f00ktard trolls: been on big bikes for DECADES, do my own maintenance, know the cost of tires for fooks sake. My cashflow management is none of your business, and is not the subject of the thread. Head back to your village, it's missing you.

• Like 2

I think it is quite normal to buy a car or bike on finance- surely to use that option does not mean you will not take care of your bike in any other way than you would if you bought.it cash...

I line to pay for my bike in installments as I work here- that does not mean I can not transfer money from overseas to cash it out- I just dont see thw need for it- I dont spend more than I earn- and the interest- well, The joy of riding makes it quite cheap... Not going to bother with a few thousand every month- it will be spent no matter what I do, but by not transfering money to Thailand I dont have.to complain about the spending...

I know some people will not understand that people like finance, but why spend a large chunk of your savings when you can use your salary!

Troll posts are just silly so lets ignore it!

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thread is about sourcing loans for used bikes - not the ifs, and or buts about whether it is adviseable. Many should find it useful, if we keep it on-subject... thanks in advance.

Some used bike loan info I can now happily share:

-bike must be five years old or less.

-down payment is at least 30%.

-requires full coverage insurance for bike damage/loss, which may be impossible for older bikes?

-work permit.

-proof of income & good payment history, as per anyplace in the known universe.