Immigration Police And Uk Consulate Soi 5 Jomtien No Parking

awayfoe

Repairs have started now ,so when i go in 2.5 months bet there will still be no parking , or when we go 3 months after that ,then there will be the repairs to the repairs once it rains.tongue.png

They redo entire soi 5 inluding new sewers. I'll guess they will be finshed on time when high season ends.

Repairs have started now ,so when i go in 2.5 months bet there will still be no parking , or when we go 3 months after that ,then there will be the repairs to the repairs once it rains.tongue.png

They redo entire soi 5 inluding new sewers. I'll guess they will be finshed on time when high season ends.

you forget that once its all over and the new roads and drains are in place ,they will have to start again when it all collapses

Presumably this is to sort out the huge flooding that occurs in Soi 5 every time it rains. To do the job properly they will also have to dig up 2nd Rd in front of the market and put in a culvert from the far side of the road across to the sewers at the top of Soi 5.

In relation to 2nd Rd some study of the words "cant" and "camber" might be helpful also. The Romans knew all about that 2000 years ago.

Actually, they are providing the necessary electrical and sewerage infrastructure for the 91 Story luxury condominium Ocean 1. Construction is about to begin!

dam_n, time is flying by... is it april, 1th again? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Easy enough to park on second rd. and walk in if you are not disabled. If you are disabled I'm sure if you had a mate or gf who could run down to the office they would accommodate somehow. That is one of the better Imm offices in Thailand really.

Wonder if they will be finished in time for my 90 day in October

My mate has a business down that soi ,He has been told it will take 6 months if he's lucky !

If the notorious Pratumnak Hill roadworks are any benchmark, I reckon it will end some time in 2014... or 2015.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep me too, fairly simple ---- some Farangs here, are beyond belief.

Shame you comment when you don't know the whole picture. The guy needs full time assistance so I am loathed to just leave him sitting in Immigration whilst I go looking for a parking space. I don't even want to get started as to why he is still in the country. Was a simple question really are there any parking spots close to Immigration?

Would have liked to be able to say thanks but guess not in this case, I really hope you are never in need of help Jombom, I do note your helpful advice was posted at well past beer o'clock.

Edited by RabC

Yep me too, fairly simple ---- some Farangs here, are beyond belief.

Shame you comment when you don't know the whole picture. The guy needs full time assistance so I am loathed to just leave him sitting in Immigration whilst I go looking for a parking space. I don't even want to get started as to why he is still in the country. Was a simple question really are there any parking spots close to Immigration?

Would have liked to be able to say thanks but guess not in this case, I really hope you are never in need of help Jombom, I do note your helpful advice was posted at well past beer o'clock.

if you go early around 8 am you can park in immigration parking if a disable with you....

I was there a few days ago. You could still drive on the road (barely), but no parking on the street. I parked over by the fresh market on 2nd beach road.

I would drive into the immigration parking lot and I'm sure they will let you park there. It depends on why you are going. I was there for a 90 day report. Came around 3:30 and was in and out in less than 5 minutes. Mid week is best. Good luck!

Just a quick update for those who may need it. I arrived just before 08:30 and was able to park on the road just over from immigration. A small piece of advice, most of the traffic was going from beach to second road so there were large queues to get off second road onto the immigration Soi. I hope this may be of help to some.

I walked this 2 days ago. The road was blocked near that big hotel as they are digging out the old pipes. You couldn't get through from Beach road, but could from 2nd road. There was parking and some on the streets. It's a changing landscape!

Why would someone need his car to go to Immigration?

You just need to bring your passport and a few documents. Public transport or motorbike is way enough.

And after that people will moan about the bad trafic in Pattaya... ;)

^

Fair enough for people living in Pattaya/Jomtien, but this is one of the 3 Chonburi Immigration offices, the 2 other ones are located in Sriracha and Srichang, so for some it may be difficult with a motorbike or public transport.

Why would someone need his car to go to Immigration?

You just need to bring your passport and a few documents. Public transport or motorbike is way enough.

And after that people will moan about the bad trafic in Pattaya... wink.png

Not everybody lives near this part of town. And public transport, if on the dark side or down near Ban Amphur, is very difficult. Car is the only way to go. Especially now in the rainy season, and if you are combining this trip along with some shopping.

As stated above, parking is easy along 2nd road. Of if you are lucky, you can get a place right in front.

Looking on the positive side, the Soi 5 revamp should get rid of the Mekong tributary that forms on Second Road by Rompho Market every time it rains heavily. I was told that the new drains they are laying in Soi 5 will fix the problem, though why they had to wait two years after completing Second Road to lay them I don't know.

• Like 1