Has Anyone Tried The Three Little Pigs Soul Kitchen Resturant

vacationman

Has anyone tried the Three Little Pigs Soul Kitchen Resturant?

It is located on the North Side of the Moat, outside near North Gate.

Probally 100 meters from the PTT Gas Station.

Saw what appeared to be Santa Claus cooking up some food in there.

Long white beard...

Signs outside mention BBQ Ribs, Taco's Gumbo...

We were gonna cross the road to check out the menu, but the traffic was sooo bad didn't want to risk

life and limb.

Looks interesting.

Would love to hear some feedback if anyone has tried the place out yet.

Hell's Kitchen.. haven't heard that name for a while.

I wonder if it is the same fellow that used to run Hell's Kitchen. They had some soul food. I can't see Latiffe with a Santa Claus beard though.

320.jpg

Edited by ARISTIDE

We were gonna cross the road to check out the menu, but the traffic was sooo bad didn't want to risk

life and limb

What a feeble excuse for a cop out...........I ll post on Thai visa instead and see if was worth risking life and limb.

When exacltly was it too risky to cross the road 9am or 5pm? becasue there are no other busy times

The place is owned by Richard of El Diablo. That is Richard who looks like Santa. I have been meaning to get over there and try it but haven't been in the city much. The photos that were posted here looked really good with huge portions. I'm going to try it next week.

The place is owned by Richard of El Diablo. That is Richard who looks like Santa. I have been meaning to get over there and try it but haven't been in the city much. The photos that were posted here looked really good with huge portions. I'm going to try it next week.

It should be worth a try, but I'm disappointed it isn't run by Latiffe. I miss Hell's Kitchen.

Went over to the 3 Little Pigs Soul Kitchen today to pick a menu.

They are normally closed on Mondays but Richard the owner was there doing so work.

Seemed like a really nice guy.

Asked for a menu and got one. Took a photo for anyone interested.

Prices seem pretty good.

Will try to go tommorrow and get thier summer special 3 chicken tacos for 100 baht.

Also looking forward to trying their Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwich at 85 baht.

Will report back when we have actually gotten something to eat.

Menu photo attached.

P.S. Moderators - I have NO involvement with Richard or this resturant... just happen to pass it on our walk home last night.

post-72466-0-97882300-1343032239_thumb.j

• Like 1

Know how you feel beb, worked as a line cook in the French Quarter and am having a life long love affair with Cajun and Creole food since. Went in a few weeks ago and had the New Orleans Red Bean and Rice and it was really good but not really an entree. The waitress said it had a little meat which was true, very little just for flavor I imagine and it was mainly pulled chicken and pork, both which dont' give enough bite in the size they put in. She also said it had veg but I think it was minced onion, green pepper and celery, the "holy trinity' of aromatic veg which is for flavor and again esp. how they cut it. It was very large but the proportion of beans to rice was perhaps 6 to 1, so after 20 mouthfuls of mainly just beans I was bored. As it was not a vegetarian option, which often are less interesting, I think it would be a wonderful side dish, which it is served on the plates dishes. When I went another time a month or so ago they were not open but gave me a taste of the Shrimp Gumbo, which was real good too, as I posted on another thread. Names a bit leading as it's mostly Mexican and BBQ, but whatever, however the my main complaint is that it was unbelievably dusty and loud from the cars in the street (and blasting music), actually hard to breath and see even in back table away from road and they are cooking in front. Hope they put some more Soul and New Orleans Food on the menu as it seems they do know what it's about, I have heard the the owner has some experience there.

The Three little pigs is just great,a genuine treat.

Authentic Cajun food prepared by an experienced native of New Orleans.

Also outstanding Mexican dishes.

All the sauses are original as well as the corn chips.

They are in the early stages of organization but all of my 6 visits have left me more than pleased with every dish.

The Owner with the Santa "look" is a great character,who loves his cooking,the type of guy that adds to the atmosphere.

A great test meal is the chicken or beef sandwiches served with Cajun potatoe salad and coleslaw only 85 THB

All servings are manly portions and the highest price was 200 THB for smoked pork ribs.

I can't speak too highly about this spot.It is nice to see someone with such a big heart at work.

NO I have no interest in the operation but wish the Three Pigs well,They have a faithful 4 TH piggy with me at least 2 x / week

Marcgee

Edited by marcgee

Well i stopped by there yest-friday after 4pm as traffic was horrid and i was hungry---also i have finally joined TV after 3 yrs living here just to comment on my meal.

The good-service! happy-nice cute thai girl and helpful cook.....good homemade salsas---large size portions---free chips--and bbq!!!

the bad--noisy-smoky traffic-loud music--the chips!! fried thick hard corn chips!! gonna cut my gums all up trying to eat these...free but still......i had the so called famous pulled pork....looked yummy!

potato salad..looked nice but on edge of being raw-undercooked..not much flavor for soul food and chunks of white onion in ps?.....slaw...no "spice at all"no flavor at all..very bland.....and lastly the pork...im sure was good when finished but seemed to be reheated on grill and bone dry..like twigs!

i literally pulled out twigs of burned pork and had to chew hard..no sauce..dried out meat..a shame

seems brutal but i have been a cook over 25 yrs and i was hopeful for good bbq---i used to be the chef at a famous "organic"market here in cm..sounds like limping...so i know a bit about food....these things can easily be fixed and hope they will be as i would like them to succeed....

We've had the same experience at the El Diablos location. Great burrito but the chips were fried in very very very old oil. Free or not, just doesn't leave a good impression.

I hope the owner can still spend some time overseeing El Diablos, I got a burrito there a few days ago, the burrito was good but the chips (nachos) had been fried in rancid oil.

potato salad..looked nice but on edge of being raw-undercooked..not much flavor for soul food and chunks of white onion in ps?.....slaw...no "spice at all"no flavor at all..very bland.....and lastly the pork...im sure was good when finished but seemed to be reheated on grill and bone dry..like twigs!

i literally pulled out twigs of burned pork and had to chew hard..no sauce..dried out meat..a shame

Well at least the couple of times I have been you are provided with sauce bottles to add as much as you please... so the only person you have to blame for the no sauce is you and your possibly bad eye sight ;)

I can agree on the slaw, could do with a bit more flavour. Potato salad was all right, but not amazing.

A pity about the pork though, when I had some the other day it was fine and quite a treat. I have also tried the chicken and had no issues.

It should be really interesting when they open up the inside section (it looks massive). I was talking to the owners son when I went in the other night and he said they were getting a chef from America to come out, and that the chef would be the one to create the full menu.

And no I am not affiliated in any way.

Well going to try this place today , if its the quality of Diablos I doubt I will be disapointed .......... Craving good BBQ pork sandwich and cole slaw .........

My wife and I had the pulled pork sandwich it was very good , the sauce which they give all you could possibley want was spicy and good . Brought home some ribs to try out . Enjoyed the meal . I will be much better when they finsih inside and the road construction is finished . I will say for 85 baht for the plates of food we got was well worth the money . I ll go back for sure . Service was excellent ......Feel a little sorry for the waitress through the wife paid the bill and left the tip ..................

We've had the same experience at the El Diablos location. Great burrito but the chips were fried in very very very old oil. Free or not, just doesn't leave a good impression.

I hope the owner can still spend some time overseeing El Diablos, I got a burrito there a few days ago, the burrito was good but the chips (nachos) had been fried in rancid oil.

I can't think of any restaurant in Thailand making decent corn chips on their own. Some of the commercially made ones that come from Bangkok are not too bad, but Fritos and Doritos are way better - although much too expensive to include with a meal.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Sorry, I should be more specific. Their entrees were great and the salsa was good too. And I actually like the thicker/hand made cut tortillas. It was just the oil that it was cooked in was being used way too long. I knew off the first taste they were bad, but me being me, had a couple more. Needless to say, I woke up with stomach pains and re-affirmed my friendship with Mr. Toilet that night!

edit: their, there, they're.... picked the wrong one.

I can't think of any restaurant in Thailand making decent corn chips on their own. Some of the commercially made ones that come from Bangkok are not too bad, but Fritos and Doritos are way better - although much too expensive to include with a meal.

Edited by CMSteve

Sorry, I should be more specific. Their entrees were great and the salsa was good too. And I actually like the thicker/hand made cut tortillas. It was just the oil that it was cooked in was being used way too long. I knew off the first taste they were bad, but me being me, had a couple more. Needless to say, I woke up with stomach pains and re-affirmed my friendship with Mr. Toilet that night!

edit: their, there, they're.... picked the wrong one.

Well we tried out the place tooo... wasn't going to leave a review becasue it was hard to think of much good to say.

First impression were the chips.

Yes they were FREE but 3 of us didn't eat the basket full.

The oil tasted like it had been used to cook FISH with.

My stomach hurt for about 3 days and I kept burping the darn things for days....

We were plesantly surprised at the size of the portions.

A lot of food for the money.

HOWEVER, went away disappointed with the taste.

Potato Salad... boring... not sure what the sause was.

Slaw... boring... no taste...

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich... bun seemed old and a lot of fat in the meat.... NOT what I'm used to at BBQ places... but my wife would have probally loved it.... she loves chicken ASS.

Had the BBQ Ribs... again surprised at the size... good plate of food... ribs dry.

Had the taco special... not bad but the breading reminded me of when I lived in Mexico... not what you get in America, lol.... but taste not to bad.

The red Spicy Sause was HOT and good.

Of course NOT the resturants fault but had Beggers every 2 minutes stopping at the table... after about 5 or 6 it started to get really OLD....

Decided to leave a review becasue we enjoyed Richard and wish him great success.... he seemed like a very nice guy....

Recommend.... NOT giving the free chips out, adding more mustard to the potato salad and more something to the slaw.... get rid of the fat in the BBQ sandwich and have fresh toasted buns and we will be back on a regular basis....

I promise...

Missing good southern pulled pork BBQ...

Actually our first impression was the smell.... it smelled like really GOOD BBQ.... must have been the chicken,...

Wish you guys the best of luck... looking forward to visiting again when we read on TV that some changes have been made....

Edited by vacationman